Jay-z to retire...yall happy or sad?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 6, 2002
mp3.com
^^^^^^^

HAHA...if i was writing for the source, id be dissing eminem....

Now i KNOW how tight Em is.......

Blueprint was classic in my opinion for a couple reasons, alot of it had to do with timing...he put out a not so commercial sounding album when all that was coming out was the bling bling shit...the album had a "togetherness" that most rap albums dont have, its a common sound/feel throughout the whole album that makes it feel like an album, and not a bunch of songs thrown together.

All the soulful sounding samples he used...well, EVERYONE is using that sound now...including Nas, Scarface, HIMSELF, anyone from the Roc, basically the whole East Coast with the exception of the Wu is using that sound now...

I just think its a shame he fucked it up with blueprint 2

Nov 5, 2002
www.spitflames.com
^Non commercial sounding? Are you kidding. Izzo, Girls Girls Girls, that faggot Fiesta song, umm..hella others that all sucked dick. That album was wack as hell. He had to PAY the source to get some mics in that issue. Look at Benzino, he can't even get a good review in the Source, and he owns the fucker.

Mar 13, 2003
www.billythefridge.com
Hey...

This is on my fuckin' Block and everything, fuck anyone who don't respect where The Arrival is coming from. I didn't like Jay-Z for a moment, but when the Blue Print was out, I started feelin' him. He's put out some shit and has the money to speak for it. Respect that much. As far as his retirement goes...

That's what the rap game is supposed to do, let cats who couldn't roll through Harvard sit comfortable before they hit their mid-life crisis. Nod yer head for the fact that cat's are makin' ends meet and move on. There's always hungry cats willing to earn your 15 bucks, so even if we ain't got Jay-Z we'll have Mo-X or Unexpected. Believe that.

Detroit What?

Apr 25, 2002
www.nightshield.net
My opinion, Jay Z is one of the best, I would put him and Em as my top artists out at the moment. 3 classic albums (BluePrint, Reasonable Doubt, In My Life Vol 2) and a ton of classic tracks, the rap industry will take a serious blow when Jay Z leaves as he is 1 of the handful of rap artists that actually moves units.

Sicc OG
Oct 4, 2002
I am happy if it is true. No one ever actully retires when they say so. It is just to hype sales. He fuckin blows.

I AM

Some Random Asshole
Apr 25, 2002
Jay-Z is garbage. He should stick with the clothing line and behind the scenes stuff, cause his music isn't the least bit tight.

I AM

Some Random Asshole
Apr 25, 2002
thearrival said:
@ Sixxness...

who the fuck are you???? LOL just messing man...

damn yall be hatin on Jigga too much.....

waaayyy too much.....

Hardy Har Har.....I won't even comment.....I just think Gay-Z has NO lyrical talent....he used to....But I think he is lacking in that department for the past 6-7 years.

I AM

Some Random Asshole
Apr 25, 2002
Fridge said:

This is coming from a guy nicknamed FUBU in high school... he knows about sticking to clothing.

Riiiiiight......That was Freshman year if I recall....Like 4 years ago.....Who gives a fuck?