JAY SET TO BREAK FIRST WEEK RECORDS I WIT 850K

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 20, 2006
FROM SOHH.COM-

Kingdome Come is set to break first-week sales records for 2006 and will land at #1 on the charts come next week.

Riding the wave of a strong performance at the recent American Music Awards and an unprecedented "Hangar Tour," which included seven shows in less than 24 hours in Atlanta, Philadelphia, DC, New Jersey, Chicago, L.A. and Las Vegas, Jay-Z will finally be seeing the fruits of his labors once next week's charts are released.

Apparently the "Mike Jordan of recording" can still ball, with sales of his latest disc projected to reach 850,000 units by next week, according to HitsDailyDouble.com. Jigga's totals would clearly beat out the old record for the year held by the Rascal Flatts, who debuted with 714,000 records sold in their first week on shelves this past April.

In related news, Jay has also recently become the #1 on-demand artist ever on Clear Channel Radio, with 600,000 plays over the past week on more than 220 station websites. As previously reported by SOHH, the Brooklyn-bred MC partnered with Clear Channel stations Power 105 and Z100 in New York last week to give fans an exclusive opportunity to listen to the album in its entirety before its release date.

Kingdom Come is in stores now on Def Jam Records

THATS MAJOR RIGHT THERE

Apr 26, 2002
i dont doubt it, i got a couple friends of mine that LOVE jay-z, and i had that kingdom come shit, the leaked version, burnt on a cd. went to see em last week and told them they can listen to it if they want, they said HELL NO! theyre gonna wait till it's released. i'm like, don't yall wanna at least hear it? shit. they said hell no, theyre gonna wait. it's jus "not the same". they wanna BUY it from a store, go home, and open it from the shrink rap and soak it in while reading the cd cover. now thats some fan loyalty right there, so i dont doubt jay will sell that many. fold.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
I'm not a huge Jay-Z fan (except for Reasonable Doubt...that's a classic) but those are some huge numbers for the first week...especially for the state that the music industry is in right now.

ThaG

Sicc OG
Jun 30, 2005
Nuttkase said:
I'm not a huge Jay-Z fan (except for Reasonable Doubt...that's a classic) but those are some huge numbers for the first week...especially for the state that the music industry is in right now.
I also think the same

they are either spreading rumours to push sales or his going to buy 300-400K himself

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
GimmeYourShoes said:
I think jay will do just little over 300K
LMFAO.

The Game did a little under 400K first week. Jay-Z can easily double that amount with the fanbase he has.

ThaG said:
they are either spreading rumours to push sales or his going to buy 300-400K himself
Huh? I think you misinterpreted my post. I don't doubt that Jay-Z could push those numbers at all.

LMFAO @ him buying 300-400k albums himself. What world do you live in? I'm not saying companies/artists don't by their own CD's to inflate sales numbers but 300-400k is just a ridiculous statement.

Defy

Cannabis Connoisseur
Jan 23, 2006
Rich City
I think I need to give this another listen, cuz I didn't like it much when I first heard it.....I still think nothing will ever compare to reasonable doubt....after that, there was usually only 4-5 songs I liked on each cd.....although the black album was the opposite, I only hated like 4 songs. (allure, threat, the eminem produced song, and change clothes) I dunno about all this grown man shit tho. I'm 27, I don't need my music telling me shit about my age.

Dec 3, 2005
ComputerNerd said:
the more i listen to this album it gets even tighter !! grown man shit ya'll, kiddies need not apply !!!!
thats what im saying. i told the homie "did you ever think hiphop would grow up? listen to this album, he showin how it grows up"

Ry

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
  • Ry

Ry

With all the promotion he is getting I wouldnt be suprised if he moves that many numbers. 106 and Park was all Jay-Z yesterday, he performed a lot of is classic songs. Then later I was watching Jimmy Kimmel and he was on there as well. Then a commercial comes on and its for Budweiser and its the video for Show Me Whatcha Got. I cant ever remember seeing this kind of hype for a hip hop CD...

Dec 9, 2005
HitsDailyDouble are not official numbers...and most of the time are way off actual Soundscans...

I don't see Jay selling that much first week, and if anything, they're basing this ' projected ' amount, off of 1st day sales alone...they did the same thing for Game's album, and projected almost 700K for Game.

I wouldn't count on this...this is Jay's weakest album since Hard Knock Life Vol. 2 ...and yes...I went out and bought it.

Feb 8, 2003
Btw him and Snoop will sell more then game. I remeber game was dreaming about outselling them. Everybody I know around here thinks that Game album is weak. They love that Snoop and Jay-Z though