Jay Rock - Follow Me Home

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 16, 2007
Preorder is now available...

actually im trying to order it now but Im having trouble....anyone else having any problem?

http://www.strangemusicinc.net/p8648/Jay-Rock-Follow-Me-Home-CD-Ship/Arrive-7/26/2011/product_info.html?osCsid=m7i6dhoup0unukajuu2fpfsmt5

On 7/26 Jay Rock invites you to Follow Me Home with his highly anticipated Strange Music debut album. Here’s your chance to preorder your copy of Follow Me Home and experience Jay Rock for yourself. With gritty and honest tracks like “All My Life” and “No Joke” and featuring well-known artists like Lil Wayne, Chris Brown, Rick Ross and will.i.am, Follow Me Home is sure to be an instant classic. With your preorder you’ll receive an autographed copy of the CD, an exclusive unreleased bonus track, a full-color Jay Rock sticker and a limited edition shirt (XL only). So click here to preorder your copy of Jay Rock’s album, Follow Me Home, and hear his story from the start.

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
And by himself on Top Dawg, he and Kendrick will certainly go places. The microscope is pointed toward Strange right now in the hip hop community. If but for a very small benefit, simply putting out quality material and being signed to Strange is a good thing, even if someone may think Strange isn't being noticed or is losing steam.

Lil Wayne, Rick Ross, Chris Brown, and will.i.am...

Who paid for those collabs?

Oct 6, 2008
Those are some fruity features..

I imagine they all did it as a favor for Jay.. I know Trav & Tech ain't shillin' out the dough for that.. Even though they used a dumptruck of money for 6's & 7's..

I'm still on the fence about this cat.. He's cool but as far as being a Strange artist.. doesn't make too much sense.. IMO

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
A black guy who is from the West Coast makes perfect sense as a coastal acquisition for the label.

Cognito obviously did nothing for the Bay area wigger populous, but Jay will do better for blacks who like that West Coast Gangsta rap, and it will in turn gather attention to other artists on the label when fans of Jay check out his new label.

Oct 6, 2008
A black guy who is from the West Coast makes perfect sense as a coastal acquisition for the label.

Cognito obviously did nothing for the Bay area wigger populous, but Jay will do better for blacks who like that West Coast Gangsta rap, and it will in turn gather attention to other artists on the label when fans of Jay check out his new label.
That is very true.. and I see that angle.. he already had a following and a hit single before he signed with Strange. He has a lot of ties in the industry that can both further the label and it's artists. I remember Crooked I talking about him like he was really dope, but honestly, I don't feel him as much as, let's say; Xzibit or Ras Kass or Tash. I see his appeal, as a new artist and he definitely has the younger fans checkin' for him, but as far as me being impressed by his skills? No.. that's just me though. He doesn't really appeal to me. I think his boy Kendrick is nicer than him.. but again, that's merely my opinion. I think his record will do well and eventually he'll leave to greener pastures (more money) elsewhere. In my mind, he doesn't fit the Strange mold, but I guess after signing Mayday and Young Bleed (polar opposites in the music world) there is no mold. Just whatever they put a snake and a bat logo on and charge $20 for..

Fuck it.. let's see what he does.. That Dre track is definitely promising...

Oct 17, 2006
what are the tracks called? for the pre-order.

Also, I like Jay Rock on strange.

I mean, I dont know if he'll sell, or if he'll go the same way that other 'gangsta' artists have (s&s), but I like dudes music.

Jan 16, 2007
wow so on facebook it said if u pre order today u get 2 preorder tracks....i preordered today and only got one......and the shit is only 160 kbps smh.......

Feb 18, 2011
I guess...I don't know, I just didn't consider it recycled if it was meant for the album all along. Hope the record is good, been waiting a while on it.

Mar 3, 2003
www.facebook.com
I know it's standard for artists with forever delayed albums to sometimes take older songs off the final tracklist, even if originally planned as a single. Three 6 Mafia dropped "Doe Boy Fresh" complete with a video years ago, yet when whatever album it was finally came out song was missing. Makes me wonder if their Tech collabo will still make it on "Laws of Power."

All that said, you know full well Strange isn't gonna can a Wayne track, no matter how old. Just like Sub Noize...sure they were all too glad to keep that old ass Jay-Z collabo on the Saigon album.