JaMarcus Russell speaks -- Is he misunderstood?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 26, 2003
East Oakland, USA
...lol at Tom Cable calling the same play 5 times in a row.
While it was stupid for Cable to call the same play a few times in a row, I dont know that he had any other choice since he was forced to play a QB who couldnt complete a pass, or smart enought to remember more than a handful of plays. Im just saying since he was so bad, and lazy, he couldnt even just check down, and Cable is handcuffed by the chance of losing his job, he was probably just praying Jamarcus could complete that play once.

Jan 4, 2003
you come into camp the same size as your linemen and say it wasnt your fault? get he fuck outta here with that bullshit jawalrus
exactly!! wtf.. your paid millions to stay in shape and he couldn't do it... let me guess Cable made him stay and eat mc donalds with him everyday right?? Russell is just a big EXCUSE.. sleep apnea ?? ehh I call it a syrup problem.

Dec 2, 2006
My folks ran into Russell at Foot Express in Hayward during the offseason from his rookie to second year in the league. He said Russell was eating a bucket of popeye's chicken and had a cast on his foot. He said he couldnt understand a word he said and knew right then he was going to be a bust.

But real talk, I could have sat down with the clown for five minutes and knew he wasnt going to lead my franchise. Football isnt rocket science but a QB in today's NFL does need to have certain level of intelligence. It didnt help he was sipping lean and fucking with strippers in between practices and games either....

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
^^come on Tony...he was part of the whole reason you jumped off the raiders and stop being a fan of the team...
It wasn't because of JaMarcus Russell, it was because they drafted McClain over CJ Spiller.... and that was only for about a week.

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
I hear y'all, he probably would've turned out to be a bum anyway.... but I still think he took too much of the blame....

I mean look at the DHB he was throwing to compared to the DHB now (huge difference)...
Look at how McFadden is running the ball now compared to when Russell was here...
The play calling is much better now then when Cable was calling the offensive plays. Cable called a play called "4 verticals" from his own end zone, against the Jets (and we all know the Jets love to blitz). That's like the last play you want to call from your own end zone with that offensive line.... That pretty much set Russell up to fail right there...

Jan 18, 2008
Rip City
Damn, Stephen A Smith went off on Russel on First Take. Called him Jabba The Hut twice, a fat slob, said he was a thief cuz he robbed the Raiders, a disgrace to the QB position, and clowned him on his sleep apnea bullshit. Even skip said, wow, that's a lil bit harsh

Jan 4, 2003
Damn, Stephen A Smith went off on Russel on First Take. Called him Jabba The Hut twice, a fat slob, said he was a thief cuz he robbed the Raiders, a disgrace to the QB position, and clowned him on his sleep apnea bullshit. Even skip said, wow, that's a lil bit harsh
all Smith was doin was speakin nothin but realness!

WXS STOMP3R

SENIOR GANG MEMBER
Feb 27, 2006
SHIT RUSSEL SOUNDS LIKE A PIMP TO ME...HE GOT PAYED A SHIT LOAD OF MONEY FOR DOING JACK SHIT,DOESNT HAVE MUCH WEAR OR DAMAGE ON HIS BODY, GETS TO GET LOADED ALL DAY LONG, AND FUCKS WITH STRIPPERS. ALL AT A FAIRLY YOUNG AGE.

PERSONALLY I REALLY CANT HATE...ON A PROFESSIONAL LEVEL, THAT WAS FUCKED UP.