Jacka - Tear Gas, worth the wait?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 9, 2002
I thought the production was the strongest point on the album. And the features really don't bother me AT ALL for some weird reason.

I think production wise, this is his best album. Yes, better than Jack Artist. However, i think lyrically, TJA gets the edge over this one by just the tiniest of margins.

Aug 10, 2008
Tear Gas should not be compared to The Jack artist, its a totally diferent album. The Jacka has progressed a whole lot since then, and it shows. A lotta yall on here seriously trippen though, sound like some crab in a barrel type niggas. I love the album

Apr 28, 2003
only like 2 or 3 tracks were actually jacka solo. when you have a "solo" album.. you take a few features of artists that are HOT at the time to elevate your album. If they not hot at the time put em on the street album/mixtape. Then add a few features from close within your camp and that should be it... paul wall and and freeway are dead weight on this album to me.

ps. girls was a mistake to me. crap crap crap concept.. flow was coo tho.
I somewhat agree with the Paul Wall feature and the lack of solo tracks, but other than Kanye, Em and Lil wayne there arn't too many "hot" rappers out right now. Fifty don't even have the buzz he used to any more. Freeway may not be dropping multi-platinum albums, but he still has a pretty strong following, enough to expose some of his fans to the Jacka. I personally thought their styles mixed up pretty good on the track they collabed on, since they pretty much rap about the same thing...to each his own though...

Feb 26, 2006
Album was solid, but like everybody said a little too feature happy. Production was on point, but I'm still feelin the Street Album a lot more.

Nov 2, 2002
some people are acting like this is the only thing jacka has released since Jack Artists. Do you realize hes been a part of like 20 albums since then? Hes made so many mixtape, group albums, unofficial albums its ridic.
There will most likely be another flood of jacka material in the next few months, dont act like you gotta wait another 3 years to hear more jacka.

X-NINE

Chi-Illinois
Sep 16, 2006
CHICAGO
Like that 'I Fucked Your Mom' dude said, production wise this has to be his best....Jack Artists' production reminds of shit I would hear on a Cormega album, just real underground sounding for the most part, but this one has production thats more polished and thorough.....Ill give it that much, the production, the dudes who laid tracks for this did a great job in crafting them, no rushed or generic sounding shit.....

Jacka's rapping has progressed on here indeed....Im just real surprised how versatile the album is....He really is able to pull off muliple concepts, whether its shit about the Quaran, women, street topics, reality based tracks etc....But overall as for hype? I think the final product came out dope....

With all that said, Im gonna actually cop this when it hits stores in the Chi.

Dec 29, 2008
from what ive heard so far im a say yes it was worth the wait

can't really judge it till i get the actual cd and listen to it with some beat

but the songs i hella like so far are the one with mistah fab the one with Cellski the one with Ampichino and Zion I and the What happened to the World

man ampichino is dope i was sleeping on him

Jan 18, 2006
its an ok album at best. it has a million features and the shit is just boring as fuck
i sort of agree, i like how he has a lot of non-bay features but theres only a couple of beats that stand out to me that are pretty dope. Listening to it the first time i hella liked it but now i think its like a 7/10.

Oct 7, 2008
Whens Jacka gonna do an album with Cormega?

i thought that the song w/ ampichino was the best one on it by far. that one i can play again and again. the summer track w/ rydah is nice too but the hook (like most hooks) gets old fast. the rest are not that great, as was said the beats are mostly really good, but the features tend to ruin the songs, and there are a hell of a lot of features. come on, paul wall? he was good when he did ccc songs but since then, blah. krondon? i l;iked the cormega song too, forgaot to mention that.
And ive got to wonder how much the drugs influenced him to put that fuckin "girls" song on there. Overall, the song w/ ampichino is definitley worth a look, but the street album (i thought a lot of those songs would be on tear gas) has some better tracks, but that von clown shouts out and 'bring it back' too much to bump. too bad, i will always think the jack artist was one of the best albums ever

X-NINE

Chi-Illinois
Sep 16, 2006
CHICAGO
Im just surprised some niggas are actually not feelin it, after I've been hearing BART niggas for years, months and days beefing this album up to be a bay classic...lol.....and pretty much the anticipation on here has been 100% positive which I have not seen for any other paricular bay area rapper, cept for the other Mob Figaz members....

At worst I thought the shit coulda turned out to be some heavily overrated cd with half ass rapping....

I mean fuck, its better than the new Guce cd lol, at least, and I had some bigger hopes for that shit myself

Jan 23, 2007
dam some of yall niggas on one...this shit lived up to the hype to me...ya its alot different than his other classics but to me jack showin his growth as a hip hip artist..to me this album shows he thinkin globally and not jus locally..he gave us the mob shit wit the street album tear gas to me had great all around music not jus gangsta shit...i do agree i feel the album would have been more solid witout so many features thats my only complaint..and he shuda had the whole mob on atleast 1 track

i give it a 9/10 an il deff be coppin on tuesday