Jacka - Tear Gas, worth the wait?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

CZAR

Sicc OG
Aug 25, 2003
All I know is that song with him & Cellski is a banger!! Sound like some old Cellski shit!! Definitely the best track on the album!! I can bump that song over and over!! Hopefully 2 Took can pull out some beats like that and come wit a brand new album of shit like that!!! Got Em!!!

Apr 28, 2003
its no jack artist even tho it do got that laid back ridin and smokin feel... i cant understand y he got some of the features he do (ie freeway, freeway aint even hot right now if ever, but if its the muslim thing.. I GUESS)
couple deep tracks with meaning and heart.. a HUGE lack of that in most all rap albums today so thats good..
lemme let it sink in alil more.. n terms of the worth, yeah... no quality albums these days soo..
Regardless of how you feel about Freeway he killed the track he was featured on.

Jan 23, 2006
I THOUGHT THIS ALBUM WAS GONNA BE BETTER THAN IT WAS BUT IT STILL WAS NOT A BAD ALBUM THOUGH. AP-9'S "I AM LEGEND" IS THE MOB FIGA SOLO ALBUM OF THE YEAR SO FAR.

Feb 4, 2005
tear gas is as good as its gonna get when it comes to bay area rap in the in 2009. Its all we got.
There wont be any more "classics" until some underground scene or style bubbles through like how it happened last time int he 90s. That wont happen though because theres not really an underground scene anymore thanks to myspace and twitter.

When you put Tear Gas into context, its a classic IMO.
Thats a deep statement right there, I hope your wrong and we get some bay classics in 2009.

May 2, 2003
I think the album is really good, but I actually like "The Street Album" (some of the slaps on that, like "Addiction", "Not Me", "Aspen" are just amazing, and have better production than most tracks on Tear Gas). It's always gonna be hard to meet demands when you wait so long to put out an album and your last album (The Jack Artist) was fantastic, and your "mixtape" before the album was totally insane.

Apr 5, 2008
^ I feel you. I would buy the street album if it didnt have all the sound effects and Big Von drops.
I got Aspen and Real Feelin, and of course All Over Me, but all the other ones Ima never play unless I can find a good quality version with no drops or sound effects.

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
yeah I don't understand how people don't like this shit

maybe their expectations were SO high that they were let down

but my expectations were high too... and I the album met my expectations

is is the production? the lyrics? too many features?

the only song I don't like is the one with Paul Wall... other than that it's dope all around

Mar 12, 2005
Regardless of how you feel about Freeway he killed the track he was featured on.

only like 2 or 3 tracks were actually jacka solo. when you have a "solo" album.. you take a few features of artists that are HOT at the time to elevate your album. If they not hot at the time put em on the street album/mixtape. Then add a few features from close within your camp and that should be it... paul wall and and freeway are dead weight on this album to me.

ps. girls was a mistake to me. crap crap crap concept.. flow was coo tho.

Apr 25, 2002
^ I feel you. I would buy the street album if it didnt have all the sound effects and Big Von drops.
I got Aspen and Real Feelin, and of course All Over Me, but all the other ones Ima never play unless I can find a good quality version with no drops or sound effects.
With itunes you can choose the start/stop point of every track and I've tried to arrange the Street album so it starts after the rewinds and gunshots but its not perfect and its still annoying.

What exactly are people NOT feeling on this album?
I think the main complaints are too many features. Personally I like the album a lot I wish he would have done a few more tracks with faster beats like MIA on Mob Trial or even No Future or the Mob on the Street Album.

When you think about it, Jacka's just been all over the place with collabs, mixtapes, radio play, etc, so I wouldn't be surprised if in general people are just a little burned out.

Arson

Long live the KING!!!!
May 7, 2002
Not enough rob lo production is my complaint, and too many producers, when hus comes home, i hope him and jack make another group album.

May 4, 2006
Yea there was a little too many features would def like to seen more solo tracks from jack. Overall though the album is solid just need a little more time to grow on it. Definately its one of the top 3 bay albums this year though cant deny that.

Jan 5, 2007
i agree with everyone for the most part the first time i heard the album i rated it 8/10 days later my rating is stuck. The production is not as solid compared to his older solo work. The features are heavy but decent. The recycled or pre released tracks are my main issue though. For all the hype and wait he could have replaced the recycled tracks or just waited to release them all together (Tracks like Dream, All Over Me, Glam Lifestyle, Girls) there was a track i heard on youtube he was working on but ever released with the metro sample. There isnt really any track that i can say ill be thinking about slappin months from now like on previous jacka albums