jacka on a nationwide level--how will he hold it down for the bay. . .

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Mar 1, 2007
wut up every1. juss wanted to get ur opinion. what yall think, wut will the outcome of jackas first nationwide album b. n how it will affect the attention the bay gets from the music industry. . .

fillyacup

Rest In Free SoCo
Sep 27, 2004
huh?

whens this goin down?

an i really think jacka could hold it down but he to real for mainstream....plus wit allah bein in his raps alot i think mainstream wouldnt know how to look at him

the way jacka an hus be singin an rappin....that shits new to mainstream liteweight....

hey girl
barney

both coulda been HUGE

Feb 13, 2005
jacka's first nationwide release? when is it? i dont know cuz the jacka aint made no kinda noise outside the bay. at least i havent heard much. he needs to be in XXL's SHOW & PROVE

Mar 1, 2007
it said it in an article on his myspace. . .he says it himself. . .tear gas is gona b his first album off fontana/universal records, n its gona b his 1st nationally distributed album

Oct 21, 2006
Gas One said:
...i knew about jacka by him fucking with an east coast rapper named cormega...i didnt even pay attention to mob figaz back then..
Life with cormega yeah.

Jacka is versatile, he makes all kinds of songs. And he makes good songs for the ladies too, that should help mainstream appeal. He sings and raps, that's better than anyone else can.

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
let me ask all you bay area residents a question.

i wanted to make a thread about this but ill put it in here.

if jacka, or even hus, was to release a "best of" album on a mainstream level, would you be mad? like the fact that youve heard 70 or maybe 100% percent of the songs?

would you talk shit?
or could you respect it?

edit: i in no way make decisions for any of them, im just posing a hypothetical question here.

Mar 30, 2006
I'm just outside the bay, I'm not if my opinion counts as much on this one but it's 50/50 for me. On one hand it would be good for bay area music in general and the Jacka/Mob Figaz promotion. On the other hand, he wouldn't be underground anymore. You'd hear fools on some "Oh I like that NEW rapper The Jacka" once he's played nationwide.