J. Cole - Cold World: The Sideline Story

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Mar 11, 2011
That saying by Woodie has zero relevance to anything about this thread, the album, or the lyric you posted.
Yea yea see it ties into ol boy sayin Cole's lyrics are for chicks. That was in this thread right??????? So I'm sayin Cole has bars that would make you piss your computer chair while crying into keyboard, which implied that his tracks aren't for just for ladies. You follow right? Fuck if I gotta post shit for you to understand I would need a designated typer cuz I would be fuckin wit arthritis and the whole shit.

The Woodie quote I felt tied it all together for the following reasons:
1. Woodie was a gangster
2. Woodie made rap music, gangster rap shit, you feel me
3. J. Cole makes rap music
4. J. Cole is hella lyrical and smashes beats.

To sum it up, if you like lyrics (this is a rap forum still right), and you like that street shit, yet you don't feel J. Cole (not all his shit, but most) you caught feelings for a reason other than his bars (hence the faking it).

Aright Imma grab a gatorade and be back chief. If you need the study guide I'll hit you on the PM.

Mar 11, 2011
J. cole too lyrical for most muthafuckaz.... they just want "slapz" not music..lol
Huh tho...fuck

I gotta agree that I prefer those blappin ass Daz Dillinger beats or like Zaytoven fasho over Cole's production but we talkin rap man, we talkin about rap, not mufuckin swag, or whatever other weird shit, we talkin rap

On another note, summa Cole's shit is extra weak, so is summa everyone else shit that's kinda slick.

Jun 23, 2005
i heard hella repeated bars on this and he rhymed hella of the same shit over and over. he needs to step up his word play alot more. but i was hella lit listening to it during a long ass session so ill give it another try

it was decent, but for all the hype he was receiving, its garbage.

Mr G

Drunk Pot-Head
Apr 4, 2007
Las Vegas
this album was a huge disappoint on the initial skim thru...
il get back to it this weekend... kid is a mixtape artist no doubt.
fuck i was anticipating dope. 4 recycled leaks on a rocnation debut?
makes u think jay really does hate this fool a la rhianna sextape rumors...

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
I think for me the album is not disappointing because I wasn't anticipating it at all

I had no idea this was coming out or anything. I just saw it on real rap talk and figured I'd check it out

I've only listened to one J. Cole mixtape that I had downloaded a while ago... Friday Night Lights, other than that I haven't heard shit from him, except for a couple songs here and there. I wasn't really expecting shit from this album, so it didn't disappoint me

I don't even think the album is great, but it's got some good songs on it for sure

Nov 14, 2002
I think for me the album is not disappointing because I wasn't anticipating it at all
same here. the only time i heard dude was on jay z song "clap for em". i had no idea what i was about to hear i just knew he as on roc nation. i like some of his production and he can rap but he reminds me of a more gutterish drake.

corinthian

Just Win Baby!!!
Feb 23, 2006
3rd ID

I had no idea this was coming out or anything. I just saw it on real rap talk and figured I'd check it out

I've only listened to one J. Cole mixtape that I had downloaded a while ago... Friday Night Lights, other than that I haven't heard shit from him, except for a couple songs here and there. I wasn't really expecting shit from this album, so it didn't disappoint me

I don't even think the album is great, but it's got some good songs on it for sure
You need to get that The Warm Up tape. His best work is on their, the track I Get Up is too good "So farewell to them broke days/ and bonjour to the most paid/ Soon as my doe strait/ I throw the wifey in some Dolce/ And put some chains on my niggas like I own slaves/"

Feb 8, 2003

they been promoting the hell out of his album relases on bet & intrenet. eerytime i flip the channel past bet that j cole video on where he be chasing that bitch and using 50 cents 2005 g unit singing on the hook.

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
they been promoting the hell out of his album relases on bet & intrenet. eerytime i flip the channel past bet that j cole video on where he be chasing that bitch and using 50 cents 2005 g unit singing on the hook.
I don't watch BET... and I never saw shit about it on the internet...

*shrug*