IYO..What came befor the ''big bang theory''

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

ThaG

Sicc OG
Jun 30, 2005
Big E, there's something seriously wrong with you...

I've seen plenty of religious fanatics on this board, but none of them has been so ridiculously silly as you

ThaG

Sicc OG
Jun 30, 2005
im saying lack of knowledge shouldnt mean lack of existence. you should never rule something out because you dont have all the knowledge, doesnt mean you should believe it, but at least consider it unless you can without a doubt disprove it. and miracles will either not be believed or people will explain it as some type of science, so who will record it without seeing it himself?
LMAO @ "explain it as some type of science"...

1. you don't explain things as science, you explain them using the tools of science

2. if science can explain something, it is not a miracle; the opposite is not true, something might seem to be a miracle and be perfectly explainable by more advanced knowledge, the history of science is full of examples

and this is where all religion comes from - ignorance and low intelligence

the fact that religion is still so widespread today means that we still have too much of these two around

Nov 10, 2004
Big E, there's something seriously wrong with you...

I've seen plenty of religious fanatics on this board, but none of them has been so ridiculously silly as you
We'll see homie. I ain't a fanatic. A fanatic is someone who kills for a cause or harms for a cause.

Nov 10, 2004

1. you don't explain things as science, you explain them using the tools of science

2. if science can explain something, it is not a miracle; the opposite is not true, something might seem to be a miracle and be perfectly explainable by more advanced knowledge, the history of science is full of examples

the fact that religion is still so widespread today means that we still have too much of these two around
You are so stuck on science, YOU are ignorant!!! Jehovah will make himself known before the end comes, it just hasn't yet.

ThaG

Sicc OG
Jun 30, 2005
We'll see homie. I ain't a fanatic. A fanatic is someone who kills for a cause or harms for a cause.
http://m-w.com/dictionary/fanatic

fanatic

Main Entry:
fa·nat·ic Listen to the pronunciation of fanatic
Pronunciation:
\fə-ˈna-tik\
Variant(s):
or fa·nat·i·cal Listen to the pronunciation of fanatical \-ti-kəl\
Function:
adjective
Etymology:
Latin fanaticus inspired by a deity, frenzied, from fanum temple — more at feast
Date:

: marked by excessive enthusiasm and often intense uncritical devotion

Apr 8, 2005

well, first off, your proving what i said, people before recording a "miracle" will try to prove it using the tools of science as youd like me to put it, and therefor it wont be recorded as a miracle, because if its proved to be something other than supernatural, it obviously wont be recorded as a miracle, and whether they prove it wasn't a miracle or not, it wont be recorded because that would mean the recorder tryed to disprove it and failed, no one on either side of the line is willing to admit failure.

to address the second part of your text that i have made bold, when did i ever say i was religious?

religion
a set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe, esp. when considered as the creation of a superhuman agency or agencies, usually involving devotional and ritual observances, and often containing a moral code governing the conduct of human affairs.

i unlike you, never claim to know all, so i do not know the purpose of life, i do not follow ritual, and furthermore i do not go around parading my beliefs as if im the only one that is correct, and my moral code is correct. all i am trying to do is figure out by what premise you feel you can say that there is no god. maybe the problem here lies with how we are defining god. im referring to just simply a creator. im not even trying to get you to believe in such things, im just stating that as far as i can see, there is no logical reason to rule out the existence of a creator. claiming that you know there is no creator is like claiming you know the answer to an equation while only having half the equation. youve never seen the afterlife, but you havent died to you cant rule it out, i havent seen the afterlife, but i havent died, so i cant prove it exists. see, having a belief is fine, theres no problem with it, but when you take it to an extreme and completely rule out another's belief, then try to name call and make them feel stupid for it, is not only immature, but very narrow minded

Nov 17, 2002
www.facebook.com
We can say that the universe always existed, but what are we really saying then? What is "universe"? Some vague idea of totality, it seems. And what does our experience tell us? Forms in this world tend to be fleeting in nature. We are naturally inclined to accept that there is something more concrete underlying. Whether we call this "universe" or "God" is merely the degree of qualities we are willing to view in this fundamental existence.

Oct 30, 2002
www.soundclick.com
i feel even scientist dont really know what happened . i mean they are studying shit from telescopes and crunching numbers how can the 100 about any of that shit??.. i always say ill find out when im dead whats really real. untill then i believe there is an energy out there that connects us all and we are still evolving .and i try to live positive and keep moving forward and have as much control over my life as i can and let my conscious dictate what i do or dont do. not sum scary guy in the sky who created me and wants to send me to hell for minor infrations. ha!

Psilo707

Complete O.G.
Jun 25, 2002
Gimcheon, South Korea
www.seoulhunter.com
There are too many specific questions in the original post to even get into it deeply here imo.

I mean, some of your questions science can answer for you, such as "why dinosaurs existed" (lol.. natural selection). Other questions like what came before the universe will never be proven. We can speak on the probabilities though. And most signs point to: there was nothing in this universe before space and time were created here. If you follow theoretical physics, you probably have followed the multiverse theory in which this universe was created by the energy of another universe during some sort of catastrophic event.

but then the problem is, what created those OTHER universes?

Both Science and Religion will essentially ask the same questions if you go deep enough. The only difference is, Science is continuously looking for answers and organized Religion has essentially given that up a long time ago and are comfortable in the shell they've made for themselves. Not all religious individuals, just the teachings in general.

Aug 26, 2002
WWW.YABITCHDONEME.COM
Well since the thread says In Your Opinion what came before the Big Bang Theory. I'll answer with a Typical Answer. GOD
I bet this answer required huge amounts of research.
You are so stuck on science, YOU are ignorant!!! Jehovah will make himself known before the end comes, it just hasn't yet.
Big E, look at all the shit you have posted on this forum, and by that, have been through. Where was God when your bitch was fucking with your head and you did not know what to do? Where is he now? Does God only appear when shit is bad? Because the more I hear about God in regards to people on this forum...........it seems God only "truly" appeared when someone was about die, someone was fucked up medically/physically, broke, depressed, etc. I do not understand this. Why does this joker show up when you are chilling smoking a blunt, sipping a brew watching Sunday Night Football?

Shit is depressing.......

Aug 26, 2002
WWW.YABITCHDONEME.COM
There are too many specific questions in the original post to even get into it deeply here imo.

I mean, some of your questions science can answer for you, such as "why dinosaurs existed" (lol.. natural selection). Other questions like what came before the universe will never be proven. We can speak on the probabilities though. And most signs point to: there was nothing in this universe before space and time were created here. If you follow theoretical physics, you probably have followed the multiverse theory in which this universe was created by the energy of another universe during some sort of catastrophic event.

but then the problem is, what created those OTHER universes?

Both Science and Religion will essentially ask the same questions if you go deep enough. The only difference is, Science is continuously looking for answers and organized Religion has essentially given that up a long time ago and are comfortable in the shell they've made for themselves. Not all religious individuals, just the teachings in general.
Exactly!!!!!!

How many times has research regarding Evolution been updated?

now....

how many times has the bible, Torah, Quran been updated?

Nov 10, 2004
I bet this answer required huge amounts of research.

Big E, look at all the shit you have posted on this forum, and by that, have been through. Where was God when your bitch was fucking with your head and you did not know what to do? Where is he now? Does God only appear when shit is bad? Because the more I hear about God in regards to people on this forum...........it seems God only "truly" appeared when someone was about die, someone was fucked up medically/physically, broke, depressed, etc. I do not understand this. Why does this joker show up when you are chilling smoking a blunt, sipping a brew watching Sunday Night Football?

Shit is depressing.......

I know I've posted things on here that are depressing, and sometimes insane, hell, it's my life and I have to live it. But I don't blame things on god for the simple fact that most of the problems that I've had are because of my decisions. In fact, I've come to the realization that right now in this time, God is not present AT ALL when it comes to performing miracles and such. I will find an article that I just read that helped me out a lot and I know none of you care to hear what Jehovah's Witnesses say about things but this article I found makes total sense as it is backed up by scriptures on every single point.

SOMETIMES a person asking the question “Why?” seeks comfort as well as answers, for when the question springs from severe loss, there is a great need for solace. Does the Bible offer such comfort? Consider three important Biblical truths related to this matter.

Are you satisfied with the results of human rule?
First, it is not wrong to ask why God allows suffering. Some people worry that posing such a question implies a lack of faith in God or disrespect for him. On the contrary, if you ask this question out of a sincere heart, you are in good company. The faithful prophet Habakkuk asked God: “Why do you make me watch such terrible injustice? Why do you allow violence, lawlessness, crime, and cruelty to spread everywhere?” (Habakkuk 1:3, Contemporary English Version) Jehovah God did not rebuke Habakkuk. Instead, he had that faithful man’s questions recorded for all of us to read.—Romans 15:4.

Second, it is important to understand that God feels for you in your plight. He is not aloof and mysterious; he is “a lover of justice,” and he detests wickedness and the suffering it causes. (Psalm 37:28; Proverbs 6:16-19) Back in the days of Noah, God felt “hurt at his heart” because of the violence spreading in the earth. (Genesis 6:5, 6) God has not changed; he does not feel differently about what is occurring today.—Malachi 3:6.

Third, God is never the source of wickedness. The Bible makes this quite clear. Those who attribute such things as murder and terrorism to God are maligning him. Note what Job 34:10 says: “Far be it from the true God to act wickedly, and the Almighty to act unjustly!” Similarly, James 1:13 states: “When under trial, let no one say: ‘I am being tried by God.’ For with evil things God cannot be tried nor does he himself try anyone.” So if you have suffered evil, rest assured that God is not the cause.

Who Rules the World?
The foregoing still leaves us with the question, If God is loving, just, and powerful, why are we surrounded by evil? One common misperception needs to be cleared up first. Many people think of Almighty God as the ruler of this world, the one who is in direct control of everything. “Not one atom or molecule of the universe is outside his active rule,” said the president of one theological seminary. Does the Bible really teach that?

Not at all. Many are surprised to learn what the Bible actually says about who rules the world. For example, 1 John 5:19 states: “The whole world is lying in the power of the wicked one.” Who is this wicked one? Jesus Christ identified him as Satan the Devil, whom he called “the ruler of the world.” (John 14:30) Now, does that not make sense? Satan is cruel, deceptive, and hateful—traits that underlie much of the suffering that people experience. Why, though, does God allow Satan to rule?

An Issue Raised in Eden
How would a loving and capable parent feel if he was publicly accused of lying to his children, abusing his authority over them, and withholding good things from them? Would he disprove those slanderous accusations by physically assaulting his accuser? Of course not! In fact, by reacting in such a manner, he might give credibility to the accusations.

This illustration helps to explain Jehovah God’s way of handling a challenge raised against him at the dawn of human history in a place called Eden. There God announced to the first two humans, Adam and Eve, a wonderful project for his earthly children. They were to fill the earth, subdue it, and turn it into a global paradise. (Genesis 1:28) Moreover, hundreds of millions of spirit sons of God were keenly interested in this exciting project.—Job 38:4, 7; Daniel 7:10.

Being a generous God, Jehovah gave Adam and Eve a beautiful garden home with all its delicious fruits. Only one tree was out of bounds for them—“the tree of the knowledge of good and bad.” By not eating from this tree, Adam and Eve would demonstrate their full trust in their Father, recognizing that he had the right to decide what was good and bad for his children.—Genesis 2:16, 17.

Sadly, though, one of God’s spirit sons, motivated by the desire to be worshipped, told Eve that if she ate the forbidden fruit, she would not die. (Genesis 2:17; 3:1-5) Thus, this wicked angel, Satan, blatantly contradicted God, essentially calling him a liar! Satan also went on to accuse God of withholding vital knowledge from Adam and Eve. Humans, Satan implied, should be able to decide for themselves what is good and what is bad. Simply put, Satan accused God of being an unfit Ruler and Father and implied that he, Satan, could do a better job.

By means of those cunning and malicious lies, the angel made himself Satan the Devil. These names mean “Resister” and “Slanderer.” What did Adam and Eve do? They sided with Satan, turning their backs on God.—Genesis 3:6.

Jehovah could have destroyed the rebels on the spot. But, as mentioned in our illustration, such issues cannot be settled by violent retaliation. Keep in mind too that when Satan challenged God, millions of angels were listening. In fact, a significant, but undisclosed, number later joined Satan in his rebellion, making themselves demons.—Mark 1:34; 2 Peter 2:4; Jude 6.

Why Has God Not Intervened?
By seducing Adam and Eve into choosing independence from their Creator, in effect, Satan founded a family that was not truly independent but under his authority. Influenced, knowingly or unknowingly, by their “father,” the Devil, this family would choose its own goals and standards of conduct. (John 8:44) But would that way of life bring them true freedom and lasting happiness? Jehovah knew full well that it would not. Still, he allowed the rebels to pursue their independent course, for only in this way would the issues raised in Eden be fully settled for all time.

For over 6,000 years now, mankind has built a world system of things, trying all kinds of rulership and codes of conduct. Are you delighted with the result? Is the human family truly happy, peaceful, and united? Clearly, the answer is no! Instead, wars, famines, natural disasters, sickness, and death have plagued mankind, causing “futility,” “pain,” and “groaning,” just as the Bible states.—Romans 8:19-22; Ecclesiastes 8:9.

Still, some may ask, ‘Why has God not prevented tragedies?’ Really, that would be an injustice, and it would cloud the issue by making it seem that rebelling against God is without consequence. Hence, Jehovah has not been behind the scenes preventing all the crimes and tragedies that result, directly or indirectly, from disobedience to him.* Jehovah would never be party to the harmful lie that Satan’s system can succeed, that it has found the key to happiness! Nevertheless, Jehovah has not been indifferent to events. In fact, he has been very active, as we shall now see.

“My Father Has Kept Working”
Those words of Jesus show that God has not been sitting idly by, watching events unfold. (John 5:17) Rather, since the rebellion in Eden, he has been very busy. For instance, he inspired Bible writers to record his promise that a future “seed” would crush Satan and all who stuck with him. (Genesis 3:15) Additionally, by means of that Seed, God would form a government, a heavenly Kingdom, that would bless obedient humans and end all causes of suffering, even death itself.—Genesis 22:18; Psalm 46:9; 72:16; Isaiah 25:8; 33:24; Daniel 7:13, 14.

As a step in the fulfillment of those wonderful promises, Jehovah sent to the earth the One who would become the primary Ruler of that Kingdom. This one was none other than Jesus Christ, the Son of God. (Galatians 3:16) In accord with God’s purpose for him, Jesus focused his teaching on God’s Kingdom. (Luke 4:43) In fact, Christ provided a living preview of what he will accomplish as King of that Kingdom. He fed hungry thousands, healed the sick, resurrected the dead, and even showed his power over the natural elements by calming a violent storm. (Matthew 14:14-21; Mark 4:37-39; John 11:43, 44) Concerning Jesus, the Bible states: “No matter how many the promises of God are, they have become Yes by means of him.”—2 Corinthians 1:20.

Those who listen to Jesus and come “out of the world”—the system of things that is estranged from God and ruled by Satan—are welcomed into Jehovah’s family. (John 15:19) This global family of true Christians is governed by love, committed to peace, and marked by determination to eradicate any trace of bigotry and racism in its midst.—Malachi 3:17, 18; John 13:34, 35.

Instead of upholding the present world, true Christians support and proclaim God’s Kingdom in obedience to Jesus’ command recorded at Matthew 24:14. Think: Who preach the “good news of the kingdom” worldwide? Who have refused, as a worldwide spiritual family, to engage in warfare and divisive national and tribal disputes? And who let God’s Word guide their conduct, whether its lofty standards are popular or not? (1 John 5:3) Many have observed these traits in Jehovah’s Witnesses. Please examine the evidence for yourself.

Decide for God’s Rule!
Mankind, alienated from God and misled by Satan, has built a world system that breeds more and more misery and hopelessness. Even the earth itself is being ruined! Jehovah, on the other hand, has set up a heavenly government that has changed the lives of millions for the better and that has given each one a sure hope. (1 Timothy 4:10) Which will you choose?

Now is the time to decide, for God will not allow Satan and his wicked world to go on indefinitely. God’s original purpose to make this earth a paradise has never altered. To that end, his Kingdom and its supporters will go from strength to strength, while the world under Satan’s control will experience increasing “pangs of distress” until God brings it to an end. (Matthew 24:3, 7, 8) So if you have sincerely cried out, “Why?” to God, listen to him by taking to heart the Bible’s message of comfort and hope. Even now, your tears of sorrow can become tears of joy.—Matthew 5:4; Revelation 21:3, 4.

-WATCHTOWER.ORG