ITT Technical Institute Shutting Down All Campuses

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 7, 2013
33°
www.hoescantstopme.biz
Trade school, not 4-year college, can solve the US income gap

Trade school, not 4-year college, is a better bet to solve the US income gap, researchers say

Researchers are investigating how the United States can become more competitive in the manufacturing industry in the age of artificial intelligence.

Some of their conclusions suggest that more investment is needed in vocational programs and not in large, four-year universities.

"There are too many four-year colleges serving too many students, and too few institutions with greater focus on vocational education and training," the researchers said.

Apr 25, 2002
Houston
I agree. We have a very narrow-minded educational system. All students are told they are going to go to college, so we keep cramming reading and math down their throats for longer periods of time in hopes that they will magically "catch up" and raise test scores. Electives such as art, music, P.E., wood shop, and auto shop have all but disappeared. People high up in the educational system (i.e. politicians who have never set foot in a classroom) just don't realize that not all people are college material. But God forbid you tell a kid they could learn a trade like plumbing, refrigeration repair, or an electrician. I pay those guys shit tons of money every time they set foot in my house. It would be more beneficial for these kids to be 18 and skilled in a trade rather than wasting 4+ years learning subjects they are not motivated to learn in hopes of going to a college they will never attend.

Jul 6, 2002
$o. $an Fran
I went to IBT to be an electrician which is the same damn thing. It was a bunch of bullshit that I had to hustle myself to get some non Union electrical jobs. Finally I pushed myself into the union and I'm getting free training and benefits and money. Fuck IBT and the student loan.

May 7, 2013
33°
www.hoescantstopme.biz
ITT TECH closing is a good thing. Now we can get people we know who need a job but don't have a two year degree to put they have one from ITT TECH and supplement that w work experience at tech companies who closed facilities....this is an easy way to get ppl who can learn fast a decent living in current economic environment....