It's Official: Guru Has Passed

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jul 6, 2008
rip guru. mass appeal was the greatest from beginning to end. i would go to sleep with that cd on.

thank you for introducing me to group home, jeru, and your jazzamatazz style.

always got a place in my soul for guru, always, forever and ever, from here to eternity.

Mac Jesus

Girls send me your nudes
May 31, 2003
Here's a response from DJ Premier

DJ Premier said:
IT WAS A SAD DAY FOR ME TO GET CONFIRMATION ON THE DEATH OF A MAN WHO I WILL CONTINUE TO CALL MY BROTHER, KEITH ELAM, BETTER KNOWN AS GURU OF THE LEGENDARY GANG STARR.
FROM 1988-2004, WE EXPERIENCED SO MUCH SUCCESS TOGETHER THAT WE WERE ABLE TO EXPAND OUR BUSINESSES INDEPENDENTLY AND GIVE EACH OTHER WHAT GURU CALLED “CREATIVE SPACE”, BEFORE PLANNING TO REUNITE FOR OUR 7TH LP WHEN THE TIME WAS RIGHT. TRAGICALLY, WE WILL NEVER REACH THAT DAY.
I’VE BEEN ASKED TO COMMENT ON A LETTER SPEAKING ILL OF ME WHICH WAS SUPPOSEDLY WRITTEN BY GURU IN HIS DYING DAYS. ALL I WILL SAY ABOUT IT IS THAT OUR TIME TOGETHER WAS BEAUTIFUL, WE BUILT A HIP HOP LEGACY TOGETHER, AND NO ONE CAN RE-WRITE HISTORY OR TAKE AWAY MY LOVE FOR HIM. ONE THING I WOULD NEVER DO IS PLAY AROUND WITH THE TRUTH ABOUT HIS LIFE.
I WILL CELEBRATE GURU’S LIFE… I WILL HONOR HIS MEMORY… I WILL GRIEVE WITH THE ELAM FAMILY OVER HIS UNTIMELY DEATH… I WILL REMEMBER THE GANG STARR FOUNDATION AND ALL OF THE ORIGINAL MEMBERS OF GANG STARR WHO CAME BEFORE ME – WE ALL KNOW EACH OTHER… MOSTLY, I WILL CHERISH EVERYTHING WE CREATED TOGETHER AS GANG STARR, FOREVER. I’M GONNA MISS HEARING HIS SIGNATURE MONOTONE VOICE WHEN HE WALKS IN THE ROOM, BUT THE SONGS WILL ALWAYS BRING IT BACK TO ME….HIS RHYME FLOWS WERE INSANE, AND I WILL NEVER REMOVE HIM FROM MY HEART AND SOUL…….REST IN PEACE TO THE MAN WHO FELT “SATISFACTION FROM THE STREET CROWD REACTION” … I LOVE YOU GOO…….DJ PREMIER

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
RIP to guru but that nigga had a weirdo relationship with solar, them niggas was mighty two eses one tubbish if i could say so myself

i mean i struggled for days on if i wanted to say that in a rip guru thread
but im realizing the shit was the truth and thats that

god bless his soul and shit

Jan 2, 2006
RIP to guru but that nigga had a weirdo relationship with solar, them niggas was mighty two eses one tubbish if i could say so myself

i mean i struggled for days on if i wanted to say that in a rip guru thread
but im realizing the shit was the truth and thats that

god bless his soul and shit
Ahahaha. They were talking about this yesterday on Shade 45.
Saying they do not believe the letter was really written by Guru and if it was, Guru is sounding real suspect with that shit about Solar.
"I am on my death bed...but I want everyone to know Solar got some of the nicest abs I ever seen"

They said Solar got money in his eyes right now with that letter. Nobody remembered Guru from that jazz shit with Solar, they know Guru from Gangstarr and they do not think he would ever leave out what made him known.

Oct 18, 2003
like i told the homie yesterday..guru was on my dub c dvd talking about how far back they go doing shows together. talk'n bout "you gotta pay dues." r.i.p.

May 16, 2002
RIP. moment of truth is one of my all time favorite hiphop albums. glad i got to see gangstarr live once too.

here is my fav. guru track.