Is this pink eye a medical emergency?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
Ok, when i got home this morning from work, my eye was pink and had a little goo in it. I fell asleep for a few hours and when I woke up, my eye was essentially glued shut. Should I be concerned?

Dana Dane

RIP Vallejo Kid
May 3, 2002
That's gross. Its not 'emergency room' material, but you need treatment.

and LMAO @ you comin on the siccness to ask instead of calling the advice nurse or lookin up webmd or some shit.

Apr 23, 2007
Dana Dane said:
That's gross. Its not 'emergency room' material, but you need treatment.

and LMAO @ you comin on the siccness to ask instead of calling the advice nurse or lookin up webmd or some shit.
LMAO!!!!! soo true.... hey but sometimes this may be better then those dumbasses at the Kaiser call center

Apr 16, 2003
google.com
Damn dude that looks nasty. You can probably treat it with some antibiotic eye drops but you might need a prescription. If you have some left over antibiotics I'd take one or two and clean out your eye with some regular eye drops. Usually Pink Eye goes away on its own.

May 14, 2007
www.myspace.com
If you do not quickly take action against the deadly viral, "Pink eye," your head is going to explode. The infection will spread like the T-Virus from Resident Evil. You will cause mass hysteria in your neighborhood, people will be panic stricken and over throw your community.

Mar 4, 2007
jay_jay said:
Last time I called the call center they told me to go to the Emergency Room at the Antioch Facility....... Well Antioch doesnt even have an emergency room.
haha yeah about a year ago i broke my toe and i needed to get to a new hospital that was just built and the people told me the wrong way to go, good thing i mapquested it anyways hahaha.

Dec 9, 2005
Yes, conjunctivitis is a medical emergency. If you call you're doctor or advice nurse they'll tell you to either go to an ER or at least an urgent care unit.

Its contagious, so be sure to wipe your eyes with your hands and touch as many things as possible.

Dec 9, 2005
It would be best for you to collect the discharge coming from the infected eye, keep it in a specimen cup, and pour it in your friends Raspberry Ice Tea when he's not looking.