Is rap going downhill?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Do you think rap is going downhill?

• I think its because of Internet, cd burners, downloading ect

Votes: 9 6.8%
  • I think its because artists are focused on business end rather than making good music

Votes: 10 7.6%
  • I think its because of oversaturation, gimmicks, lack of imagination and creativity

Votes: 46 34.8%
  • I think its all of the above

Votes: 63 47.7%
  • I think its None of the above

Votes: 4 3.0%

• Total voters

Mr Ceza

Xplosive Magazine
Jul 10, 2002
Gotham City said:
You say that, but, then, majority of the times these are the same artist you promote in your magazine.

The same artist promoted in Stash. The same artist promoted in Murder Dog, etc.etc.

I know it's a business and labels are paying for their artists' placement. But, I mean, it should some standard set. Some measure-ment of a product should be set.

I mean, me personally, I would want to brand my product with attributes that set me above and beyond the rest.

I don't understand. . .Niggas always complain about who's who and what's what in music. But, the same niggas ride around with their radio turned up to 40 playing "A Bay Bay" or some other whack ass shit.

Look man, if you a rapper do you. Don't let these DJ's or radio or anybody tell you what's hot or what's good or what kind of song you need to come up to be on. Don't let them niggas dictate your project. Make your shit your way.

Everybody's a rapper out because the standard set to be a rapper in the Bay is so low. Hell, even if I couldn't rap. . .I'd get in the game too. Because a nigga has to be thinking. . .Hell, I can come up with the kind of shit I hear on radio!!! Let alone I might be able to get some paper from it.

Music is not about being a good rapper anymore. It's about being a good hustler. And, that's the problem.

V.Jones

Yes you will always see the same artists promoted in these Magazines. A lot of the time its because that person is Hot right now. I have standards but at the same time it always boils down to $ in the end....If it don't make dollars, it don't make cents? There are over 2000 rappers in Northern California...Probably half of them have some type of crediblitity..and half of those have ties with a bigger Rapper or Label so they are official? Does that mean they all should be in my Magazine? Yes, but is that possible, NO... At XPLOSIVE MAGAZINE, money always comes first over a favor. If you've been in XPLOSIVE MAGAZINE..You like what you get!