Is rap going downhill?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Do you think rap is going downhill?

• I think its because of Internet, cd burners, downloading ect

Votes: 9 6.8%
  • I think its because artists are focused on business end rather than making good music

Votes: 10 7.6%
  • I think its because of oversaturation, gimmicks, lack of imagination and creativity

Votes: 46 34.8%
  • I think its all of the above

Votes: 63 47.7%
  • I think its None of the above

Votes: 4 3.0%

• Total voters
Aug 5, 2003
Rap is not going down hill. There are just more people out there trying to be the next __________(fill in the blank). I think a lot of the new rappers are trying to hard to be like someone else. The radio doesn't help rap either because all they play is garbage like "this is why I'm hot". No offense but I don't need some one I've never heard of explaining why he's hot and I'm not. Bitch Please!
Rap is as strong as ever for the true rap fans. Technology has made it easier for "underground rappers" to spread their music and build strong fan bases. Boards like this one are proof that rap is alive and going strong!

Jan 9, 2006
DezertEagle said:
Rap is not going down hill. There are just more people out there trying to be the next __________(fill in the blank). I think a lot of the new rappers are trying to hard to be like someone else. The radio doesn't help rap either because all they play is garbage like "this is why I'm hot". No offense but I don't need some one I've never heard of explaining why he's hot and I'm not. Bitch Please!
Rap is as strong as ever for the true rap fans. Technology has made it easier for "underground rappers" to spread their music and build strong fan bases. Boards like this one are proof that rap is alive and going strong!
i never saw it like that good post

Dec 6, 2006
Everybody wants 2 compete with the trash the south putting out instead of making quality material.Basically everybody is dumbing down now that they see the south winning from doing it.

Apr 8, 2004
Lowlife360 said:
the thing is i'll never buy another album without hearing it first, because the music now is garbage. Even the album art is see recently is straight garbage.
i used to get a lot of great albums by just copping them not knowing what the fuck it was or having heard it:
rhyme & reason sdtk
raekwon 1st album
thug life

Jul 22, 2003
Obviously Money and noteriety is the number one motive for new "artists" to jump in the game. Its been said before but back in the days there was only a handful of rappers and now it is BEYOND saturated.

I do think that beats and producers are at an all-time high...Some crazy shit coming out but I cant say the same for lyrics.