IS "KILLER" TECH'S BEST ALBUM TO DATE?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

IS "KILLER" TECH N9NE'S BEST ALBUM TO DATE?

• YES

Votes: 52 32.1%
  • NO

Votes: 98 60.5%
  • WHO THE FUCK IS TECH N9NE?

Votes: 12 7.4%

• Total voters
Oct 25, 2006
Anghellic > Killer > Absolute Power > MLK > Everready

Anghellic, the pain album. The album that let everyone know the crazy life Tech has lived. Simply classic album. Probably my favorite album of ALL TIME. This Ring, Cursed, Psycho Bitch, Real Killer, Twisted, Going Bad, Einstein, God Complex, Breathe, Devil Boy, Suicide Letters, It's Alive, F.T.I., this album has it all.

Killer, "all killer, no filler". Did the album live up to that claim? Hell no. Was it an excellent album in it's own right? Damn straight. I'm loving most songs except for the songs in the "Sextion". It has a great mix of party, pain, real, and sex songs. I'd have to say this is the best rounded out Tech album yet. Tech's flows are simply amazing, and though I never believed anyone when they said that Tech stepped his game up prior to this album, I certainly believe it now.

Absolute Power, the "fuck you" album. When I think of this album, songs like Trapped In A Psycho's Body, T9X, Worst Enemy, and Yada Yada Yada come to mind. Great diversity in song content, but there was some filler that came in the form of Biancas and Beatrices and Guns Will Bust.

MLK, the "Down South" album. Great beats, decent guest spots here and there, and great content make for a solid album. Songs like Message To The Black Man and P.A.S.E.O. had the potential to bring this album to "classic" status, but the guests drag down the quality of the album for the most part, most notably the guests whom I never knew existed. There's probably a reason for that.

Everready, the weird album (as I call it). I thought it was the weak link out of the bunch. I only loved a few songs off of it, which isn't bad compared to other artists, but when we're talking about other Tech albums that have tons of classics, this pretty much falls to mediocrity for me. Even trying to recall the track list off the top of my head is hard, simply because it didn't get much play for me. A lot of weak songs for me (No Can Do, It's What You Thinkin, Bout Ta Bubble, Jellysickle, Flash).

Remember guys, to each their own.

Nov 6, 2005
I think it's his most "mature" work. All of his talents he'd been working on over the years came together. Great balance...not "too dark" like Anghellic can be (don't get me wrong...it's perfect when you're in the mood for it) and not "too fun" like AP or Killer can be (*cough*Sextion).

it's complete, a real portrait of tech as an artist
Very Well Put!

Yang

Sicc OG
May 2, 2004
I can't put the albums in an order from favorite to least, too hard to choose, but if I could I know that Killer would definitely be behind Anghellic, AP & Everready. So no, not his best.

Good though.

Oct 17, 2009
WOW

Its funny how age can change people's opinions on music. Some albums get a classic label(Lupe's F&L, Jeezy's TM 101, T.I.'s I'm Serious etc.) as time goes on and some lose it's former glory(Eminem's Relapse, Nas' Hip Hop Is Dead). With Killer being the latter.

I swear this is one of Tech's most hated albums. Its always near the bottom of people's list along with Sickology .

Jun 29, 2008
WOW

Its funny how age can change people's opinions on music. Some albums get a classic label(Lupe's F&L, Jeezy's TM 101, T.I.'s I'm Serious etc.) as time goes on and some lose it's former glory(Eminem's Relapse, Nas' Hip Hop Is Dead). With Killer being the latter.

I swear this is one of Tech's most hated albums. Its always near the bottom of people's list along with Sickology .
I don't hate it, but it's definitely not my favorite.

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
As far as longevity is concerned, the jury's still out on K.O.D.

I haven't listened to it in a while.

I daily listen to Everready and Killer for certain songs, and MLK in between those songs.

Sickology really took a while for me to be all over, but now I am listening to the lyrics more so than beats and it's really sick from that standpoint.

Yang

Sicc OG
May 2, 2004
I can't put the albums in an order from favorite to least, too hard to choose, but if I could I know that Killer would definitely be behind Anghellic, AP & Everready. So no, not his best.

Good though.
It's nice to see that my opinion hasn't really changed over time. I'd also definitely put K.O.D ahead of Killer.

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
Ive never understood why people hate Sickology. I fucking love that album. In fact I think outside of Anghellic, Killer and ESPECIALLY Absolute Power dont hold up all that well over time. Absolute Power just isnt that good, and i used to love that album.

Jun 22, 2007
Ive never understood why people hate Sickology. I fucking love that album. In fact I think outside of Anghellic, Killer and ESPECIALLY Absolute Power dont hold up all that well over time. Absolute Power just isnt that good, and i used to love that album.
Well I agree with you about Killer, but not Absolute Power. I can still listen to that album from beginning to end, that has held up over time for me.

Oct 19, 2003
www.oddballmusik.com
KOD = Anghellic Pt. 2 (basically)
Killer = Everready Pt. 2 (basically)
Absolute Power (league of its own, more LIGHT than DARK)

so it all depends if u like the DARK or the LIGHT

personally Anghellic prob takes the cake for me, SLIGHTLY over KOD

Oct 17, 2009
i know none of you will agree with opinion but fuck it

Everready>Absolute Power>KILLEr>MLK>Sickology>KOD>Anghellic
Everready is his best no doubt I cosign you 100% on that. A fucking banger from beginning to end.

Riotmaker, No Can Do, Welcome To The Midwest, Bout Ta' Bubble, Night And Day, Caribou Lou, Flash, Jellysickle, Come Gangsta, My World, The Rain, The Best, This Is Me, and Little Pills.

Its his most popular album for a reason.

Aug 20, 2006
FLA
i like MLK and Sickology more than KOD and Killer. i wouldnt be that upset if tech doesnt put out any more solo albums and just puts out collabo albums and a tech/lynch album. and i wouldnt be mad if kabosh came out.