IS "KILLER" TECH'S BEST ALBUM TO DATE?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

IS "KILLER" TECH N9NE'S BEST ALBUM TO DATE?

• YES

Votes: 52 32.1%
  • NO

Votes: 98 60.5%
  • WHO THE FUCK IS TECH N9NE?

Votes: 12 7.4%

• Total voters
Sep 17, 2003
Absolute Power> Anghellic> Everready> Killer> Calm Before the Storm>MLK>the Worst

That's my personal order. Yes, I included the very first "regional releases," and excluded Vintage Tech (because it contains mostly previously released tracks). If I were to actually list what is actually Tech's best based on beat, lyrics, etc., then it would probably be a much different order.

I voted "no" only because I feel Tech is at his best when he has beef with someone, and can verbally assault them on a track. Killer comes really close..... he has his minor digs at people in Killer, but it's not quite what it has been for Tech in that department. That's why I have always felt Absolute Power as my favorite, and I really dig Anghellic because the overall lyrical content is so good. Both Everready and Absolute Power have one thing in common...... Tracks 13/14 through the end of the album are straight heat. You can also count on at least one track on each album to be highly personal & deep.

There are a lot of much older Tech fans that will always swear that the Calm is Tech's best album, and MLK reminds them a lot of that album... I've heard that more than once. :cool:

May 11, 2006
Anghellic = Absolute Power > Everready > VT > MLK = Killer

No consensus around here... ever. :p

But I still gotta say that I love Tech's full disco better than any other rapper/rap group.

Nov 24, 2006
nah...I still think Everready is.

Which, apparently, is an unpopular opinion here *shrugs*
I don't know why. But I really really enjoyed Everready too. It's definitely the top. Killer reminds me of Everready because of the difference in sections like Melancholy Maze and the last section (can't remeber what it's called at the moment). Every album has it's differences. It's a tough call.

Sep 17, 2003
I don't know why. But I really really enjoyed Everready too. It's definitely the top. Killer reminds me of Everready because of the difference in sections like Melancholy Maze and the last section (can't remeber what it's called at the moment). Every album has it's differences. It's a tough call.

Welcome Back/Party Hard

I think Everready is like a bridge from the first Tech N9ne music, to the newer Tech N9ne music. Anghellic & Absolute Power were different, but very similar in their overall sound. Then, I see some similarities between Absolute Power and Everready, but not an overwhelming amount of them. I can now see pieces of Everready and Killer being similar.

Sep 17, 2003
yes and that. theres just bigger things going on right now to worry about then a guy with devil horns and a half black dude that ruined Psycho Bitch 2 lol.

I know, right! I was really feeling that track, and then I was like, "What... the... fu.....?"

Great production, and then that dude just shit on the beat, forgot to flush, and wiped with his bare hand. That "Dark Side" bullshit did not turn out like I would have thought. Trying to please everyone, I know, but will it really work if the tracks are just.... ehh...? Too many collabos on decent tracks.... and what was up with the crazy, weird talking voice at the beginning and end of "Darkness"? That was completely not necessary. We did not need to be told we were headed to the "Dark Side." That beat was hard enough to grab your attention. That other shit just fucked it up for me. And then "Hope For a Higher Power" was borderline wack for me. Most of ya'll probably like that one, but it's not that great. And then, just when "Psycho Bitch 2" gets really good, it implodes...... :mad: Disc one was saved at the end by "Poisonous" and "Too Much for Ya." :eyecross:

over analyzation of every thing,
jus enjoy it, or throw it away.

Oh I enjoy it, don't get me wrong. But I've been a fan for waaaay too long to NOT over-analyze this CD. It's just feedback, that's all. :cool:

Nov 7, 2006
Damn, a whole lot of negativity on the album but the thing I keep seeing is
One song a whinny person complains about
is dope to another whinning person who complains

no shit, but, there is no way of pleasing in any way

Feb 12, 2006
Anghellic best, Absolute Power second. Just 2 of the realest albums ever, maybe it was the drugs that made him deliver his best on those gems. love killer everready etc.. but ya know you cant compare any of his own shit to Anghellic

Sep 17, 2003
I think this is the first time I have not liked "parts" of songs. Usually, I like the whole thing (ie., I'm a Playa), or I skip over it (ie., Biancas and Beatrices) Wierd......

Aug 26, 2002
www.missouri.edu
I think it's his most "mature" work. All of his talents he'd been working on over the years came together. Great balance...not "too dark" like Anghellic can be (don't get me wrong...it's perfect when you're in the mood for it) and not "too fun" like AP or Killer can be (*cough*Sextion).

it's complete, a real portrait of tech as an artist