Is It Me?...

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 4, 2004
depends on the definition..... and Outkast was before Master P....

Southernplayalisticadillacmuzik

Their debut album, Southernplayalisticadillacmuzik, was issued on April 26th, 1994. This initial effort is credited with laying the foundation for southern hip hop and is considered a classic by many hip hop aficionados. Every track on Southernplayalisticadillacmuzik was produced by Organized Noize and featured other members of the Dungeon Family. Follow-up singles included the title track and "Git Up Git Out", a politically charged collaboration with Goodie Mob that was later sampled by Macy Gray for her 1999 hit "Do Something." On this early material, both André and Big Boi contrast lyrical content reflecting the lifestyles of pimps and gangsters with politically conscious material commenting on the status of African Americans in the South. OutKast won Best New Rap Group at the Source Awards in 1995.

lopro

Sicc OG
Apr 7, 2006
yeh i thought this shit on bet today and was like wooooooooow. but the south definitely has talent. not so much this mainstream era.

but then again they arent trying to speak on something. its a club song.

May 4, 2002
www.myspace.com
ok yes in a generalization sense like niggaz like them in general wouldn't be shit if they aint have magick to hide behind ya know...
all that glamour and hypno drum make it look/sound good but they puppet clown ass entertainers who shuck and jive like a muhfucka.
PERFORMIN IN BLACKFACE TONIGHT!

can i get a nigga pleasE?

amen brotha!

fuck your mother dead!

it goes down in a real way son!
in a majorly real type fashion homie!

niggaz is trash and ghey for that paper nobody is true to themselves one way or another you gon take in the ass for the cash no doubt.

SO how u livin yaself?

i',m with and against everything.

LIBRA

Aug 4, 2007
depends on the definition..... and Outkast was before Master P....
actually P came before Outkast homie. do ur homework B. and yea Outkast been doin they thang but tha Souf aint start gettin that real real reconition until Master P became "that nigga" in mid-late 97'(i.e-he applied game that he soaked from Cali and made his shit fom that hussle Bay niggas taught him). n by tha way, it was UGK, Master P, Geto Boys and 2 live Crew that laid tha foundation.

n this aint about them. its about tha garbo niggas out now and tha ones thats been out for tha last 3-5 years.

ol skoo Master P
Plies(yes Plies)
Outkast(not all they shit tho)
Wayne
T.I
B.O.B-he can spit
Jeezy-garbage but albums slap
Scarface
Ludacris
Boosie(guilty pleasure-no homo)

if they not on this list then they garbage.

Aug 12, 2002
www.veronicamoser.com
actually P came before Outkast homie. do ur homework B. and yea Outkast been doin they thang but tha Souf aint start gettin that real real reconition until Master P became "that nigga" in mid-late 97'(i.e-he applied game that he soaked from Cali and made his shit fom that hussle Bay niggas taught him). n by tha way, it was UGK, Master P, Geto Boys and 2 live Crew that laid tha foundation.

n this aint about them. its about tha garbo niggas out now and tha ones thats been out for tha last 3-5 years.

ol skoo Master P
Plies(yes Plies)
Outkast(not all they shit tho)
Wayne
T.I
B.O.B-he can spit
Jeezy-garbage but albums slap
Scarface
Ludacris
Boosie(guilty pleasure-no homo)

if they not on this list then they garbage.
You missing a lot of quality rappers on that ''list'', homie. Bun, Z-Ro, and quite a few others.

How you have Boosie and not them?

If you're going to deify your list, at least make sure it's complete.

May 9, 2002

For one, Master P didnt get big until AFTER Outkast came out, in 96-97. So technically, Oukast came BEFORE Master P as far as a national level is concerned.

Feb 8, 2003
For one, Master P didnt get big until AFTER Outkast came out, in 96-97. So technically, Oukast came BEFORE Master P as far as a national level is concerned.
Exactly

Outkast came out with hits "Players Ball" followed by "Southernplayerlisticcadilacmuzik" in 1993 and them was hits. and P didnt drop his first acually hit until 1995(Players from the south & Bonce That ass) from Down South Hustlers compilation. I know he had a "Mobbin thru the hood" video from that TRU album but it wasnt a hit.

Feb 8, 2003
n by tha way, it was UGK, Master P, Geto Boys and 2 live Crew that laid tha foundation.

NO

Do your homework man.

Luke & the 2 Live Crew opened that shit up for Down south rappers on a worlwide national level thats a fact. Remember they was the most controversial group of all times they was getting arrested for they lyrics and song content.

Remember these hits from the 80's and 1990

Geto Boys didnt really blow up until mind playing tricks on me.

phil

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
actually 2 live crew opened shit up for artists period. not just the south and not just rappers. you need to do your homework. and master p? what a fucking clown. props to him as a business man and thief but as an artist? con man thats all. never had an idea that was his own, always capitalizing on someone elses style. definition of biter. how dare you mention master p in the same breath with real artists. get the fuck outta here. the west coast is dead and has been since the late 90's. thats a fact. south obviously doin somethin right.

Jun 4, 2004
I remember all that shit.... kids were getting kicked out of school for wearing 2 Live Crew hats, shirts and shit... it was crazy. Teaches was afraid the kids was being corrupted, everyone over reacting.... I mean to ban an artist is against the freedom of speech.. people was selling 2 Live Crew albums out the back of music stores like drugs because it was illegal to sell their music... shit was crazy.

Government of the people
For the people
By the people

[news reporter]:
Earlier today in broward county,
Appalling courtjudges upheld the previousruling
To ban the sale of miami rap group the 2 live crews double-platinum album,
Nasty as they wanna be, in broward county.

[someone else commenting]
We think its the banning of free speech.
First amendment protects material, resultably.

Luke (being interviewed):
We dont talk about, uh, harrassing and sexually brutalizing women in my music, man!
We dont do that in my music, man! Im tired of you saying that!

Feb 8, 2003
dont forget about Suave House n them. Tela, 8Ball & MJG
They didnt blow up though atleast not until 1995 space age pimpin. They was more underground. we talking about the first to blow up in the south and taht was 2 LIVE CREW first on a major level. there was other underground kings there like DJ MAgic Mike, Bass Patrol and the whole miami bass scene but 2 live duid it for rap