Is It Just Me or Is The Hyphy Movement starting to...

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Oct 28, 2003
Is it just me or is the Hyphy movement starting to just look like 40 and Shorts excuse to be granted a 9th and 10th chance to "blow up" nation wide? I keep hearing and seeing new, more current Bay artist make their music and their videos and yet we are trying to spark a "movement" on the backs of people that have been around for 15-20 years. That's like NY making a big comeback wih Cool G Rap or Rakim. Miami coming back with Luke and the dude with the perminant broken arm. The nation is interested in the Bay, but they want to see some fresh faces. Team, Turf Talk, Fab, The Frontline, Balance, Ya Boy, Bailey, Big Rich, ect...these are talented Bay artist that the country would love to get to know, but all of the attention is being sucked dry by our attention hungry "bosses". Bay Area r&b couldn't be brought back in the fold by The Tony's or EnVouge...It took the fresh faces of Kesha Cole and Goaplle to get that attention. It's a hard pill to swallow, but the Bay needs its A's, WolfPacks, Teams, Fab's, Frontlines, Ya Boy's, Turf Talk's and other fresh talent at the forefront. Not saying the OG'z don't bring the heat, because they do. But the media and consumers want and need fesh blood to open their eyes and wallets.

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
It ain't 40 and shorts fault these people don't know how or have the cash to promote and market themselves as well as they can. The younger cats in the game ned to step their nationwide marketing and promotion game up cuz i agree they do have alot to bring to the table but they won't go no where with regional label only thinking about the bay and not the whole nation. Or the half ass labels who ain't out for their artists one bit and just trying to see paychecks for themselves.

It would be nice to see people like 40 and Short help these young cats try to come up and not hog all the success they are having cuz when they are too old to rap, they need new cats to carry the torch

Oct 28, 2003
The Last Word said:
LOL...No it's an opinion. I forgot, you can't have one on here unless everyone else is willing to run with it. The same people on here getting over hyphy are the same people on here a while ago that were anti-hyphy and their also the same people who were anti KMEL that now put them on a mantle. I'm just making a an observation, no hate...an observation. You act like we all have to be on the exact same hype in order to be in support of the Bay. That sheep like mentality will be the down fall.

Oct 28, 2003
jayda650 said:
It ain't 40 and shorts fault these people don't know how or have the cash to promote and market themselves as well as they can. The younger cats in the game ned to step their nationwide marketing and promotion game up cuz i agree they do have alot to bring to the table but they won't go no where with regional label only thinking about the bay and not the whole nation. Or the half ass labels who ain't out for their artists one bit and just trying to see paychecks for themselves.

It would be nice to see people like 40 and Short help these young cats try to come up and not hog all the success they are having cuz when they are too old to rap, they need new cats to carry the torch
Exactly what I'm saying...they have the connects to help bring up THE BAY, but they are only concerned with THEMSELVES...and that's fine get ya money on, but don't say you doin it all for the Bay or you putting the Bay on the map when it's done with selfish intent. don't get it twisted, I luv 40 and Short, but in order for GROWTH it has to go beyond our 2 who made it in to "the game".

Apr 19, 2005
RealRich said:
LOL...No it's an opinion. I forgot, you can't have one on here unless everyone else is willing to run with it. The same people on here getting over hyphy are the same people on here a while ago that were anti-hyphy and their also the same people who were anti KMEL that now put them on a mantle. I'm just making a an observation, no hate...an observation. You act like we all have to be on the exact same hype in order to be in support of the Bay. That sheep like mentality will be the down fall.
You get all of that from a picture of a wah pedal, eh? You're really in my head deep... :ermm:

And just like you, I'm making an observation. It goes both ways. All of this over-analization of Hyphy is becoming very, very cliche and dumb (no pun intended).

Sep 3, 2004
www.myspace.com
Tune into Yellow Bus Radio with Mistah FAB this Friday from 10pm-12am on WILD 94.9, Too Short addresses his role in the Hyphy Movement. You don't wanna miss it.

Also, if you haven't already peep Short's interview on allhiphop.com. You can read it here on our blog.

Dec 6, 2005
treal talk RealRich it does seem that way

new folks need to step up to the ring, we ain't stuck in the 90s anymore its the new mothafuckin generation

sorry to say but everyone from the 90s is getting old

i could give a fuck how many albums they sold, this is the new generation and we fuckin with digital media these days

from 96 to 06

the generation above of don't know what the fuck is going on but they are still controlling society and people

when people start steppin they games up from the bay area and stop doing "hyphy" songs they will realize that they can be above that bullshit and spit that real shit

i don't know why rappers is playin them selves out, jumpin on the same bandwagon and doin the same shit mac dre does

its going to take a few geniuses and masterminds to compete with the game

people are ignoring hyphy music, shit people in the bay are ignoring hyphy music... that must tell you something

stop hitch hiking and kick the mob music back into the mainstream, half the folks in the bay area is still strugglin trying to eat mothafuckazz

hyphy is a trendsetter, everyone knows that
people need to get back to the roots 4reals

Dec 6, 2005
fuck the bullshit hyphy music get back to the original bay area music

thizz is full of shit stop polluting mothafuckas minds yall is fucking shit up

everyone in the bay area is fucking up the hyphy music and they wonder why people is acting ignorant

corruption

greed kills respect

Jan 9, 2006
www.myspace.com
WELL AREN'T TOO SHORT AND 40 SIGNED TO MAJOR LABELS..FAB, TURF AND THESE OTHER CATZ NEED TO BE SIGNED BY BIGGER LABELS.. WHO WILL PUT A VIDEO ON BET OR MTV..I SEEN BAILEY VIDEO.. THATZ A START.. PEOPLE DO WANT TO SEE YOUNGER TALENT..THE TIME WILL COME