Is It Just Me or Is The Hyphy Movement starting to...

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Oct 28, 2003
YoungL415 said:
^

San Quinn has a video on MTV

Mistah FAB is close to closing a deal.

The hyphy movement is opening doors.

You got to look at the bigger picture.
Yes, but the bigger our picture seems to be getting the smaller the diversiy in Bay representation seems to be becoming. In the true BIGGER picture our reigion that was once known for business knowledge and all out hustle is becoming the reigion of stupid, dumb, retarded rappers who talk about sniffin lines of coke and poppin e-pills just to get into the "hyphy mood". That big picture? I hope the best for our Bay area artist, but the music coming out now is on some non-thought out, no lyrical content bullshit. We all know it, but we just fuckin wit hyphy because "it's gone open some doors"...Did you ever think that it could be setting us back just as much as it SEEMS to be pushing us forward?

Jan 14, 2006
RealRich said:
Yes, but the bigger our picture seems to be getting the smaller the diversiy in Bay representation seems to be becoming. In the true BIGGER picture our reigion that was once known for business knowledge and all out hustle is becoming the reigion of stupid, dumb, retarded rappers who talk about sniffin lines of coke and poppin e-pills just to get into the "hyphy mood". That big picture? I hope the best for our Bay area artist, but the music coming out now is on some non-thought out, no lyrical content bullshit. We all know it, but we just fuckin wit hyphy because "it's gone open some doors"...Did you ever think that it could be setting us back just as much as it SEEMS to be pushing us forward?
that's treal talk right there.

May 5, 2002
you got to have somewhat established artists to establish a region in order for new acts from a certain region to get their foot in the door. Corporate eyes are on the bay right now and major deal contracts I'm sure are being ready to be signed right now. Just wait and stop being impatient. Shit takes time...

Sep 18, 2002
www.thejacka.com
You need to relax and just let it all unfold. You all act like the majors and corporations are chance takers. They are so behind what is hot and dont have a clue until it becomes big, then they will bite.

It is a great idea to have the E-40's and Too shorts to cosign on the hyphy movement. They are faces the industry knows, and in order for the next people to get on you have to pay homage and let them open the door. This process is only in the begining. I dont see the bay blowing full circle for at least another two years. We just gotta be patient and not force feed anything.

A couple years ago you could go to the club and the energy level was whack. Now, shit the club go crazy out here in the bay. We on to something, and its on a positive party level. Nothing in the music industry is fast, it all takes time.

Dec 20, 2003
Golden Mean Frank said:
You need to relax and just let it all unfold. You all act like the majors and corporations are chance takers. They are so behind what is hot and dont have a clue until it becomes big, then they will bite.

It is a great idea to have the E-40's and Too shorts to cosign on the hyphy movement. They are faces the industry knows, and in order for the next people to get on you have to pay homage and let them open the door. This process is only in the begining. I dont see the bay blowing full circle for at least another two years. We just gotta be patient and not force feed anything.

A couple years ago you could go to the club and the energy level was whack. Now, shit the club go crazy out here in the bay. We on to something, and its on a positive party level. Nothing in the music industry is fast, it all takes time.

very well said

May 20, 2006
The Bay area Hyhpy movement wouldn't be a movement if it wasn't for the original Mr. Stupid Doo Doo Dumb himself Mac Dre. It's seems like the tragic death of the Thizz Boss kinda caused more Bay unity and everyone jumping on the movement or bandwagon of Hyphy because artists recognized and are now trying to copy the independent success that Dre was having without a major label. Before Mac Dre died, I never heard Too Short or E-40, talking about getting stupid, or hyphy.

Jan 26, 2006
without reading the first thread I am going to say that the hyphy movement is not as popular outside the Bay as Bay cats like to think...

OK just read the first post and you make a decent post. I thought this was gonna be a "Hate on Hyphy" type thread.

Oct 28, 2003
stuck said:
without reading the first thread I am going to say that the hyphy movement is not as popular outside the Bay as Bay cats like to think...

OK just read the first post and you make a decent post. I thought this was gonna be a "Hate on Hyphy" type thread.
I don't hate Hyphy, but I do think Hyphy is dumbing down the creative aspects that use to be important in Bay Area music. Fuck trends we need good music to get what we deserve in the Bay.