IS DENVER REALY SUPPORTING IT'S OWN?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

MTB

Jan 7, 2003
WWW.TAY-RECORDS.COM
DO YOU THINK THAT YO' FOLKS IN DENVER IS SUPPORTING IT'S OWN ARTIST'S I KNOW THAT WE TALK ABOUT THEM BUT DO WE HELP THEM GROW AND PROSPER... ONE THING I HAVE NOTICED ABOUT ALL THESE FOLKS THAT BLEW ^ WAS THAT THEY HAD TREMONDOUS SUPPORT FROM THEY COMMUNITY.. I GOT HOMIES THAT SPEAK ON TAY-RECORDS.COM ALL THE TIME BUT THEY ONLY SUPPORT IN THAT WAY WE ALSO NEED CAPITOL.. WITHOUT THAT WE WILL LACK SOME OF THE MEANS IT TAKES TO GET PLACES AND SHOW THESE OTHER FU*#IN' STATES THAT WE CAN BRAWL WITH AND WILL BECAUSE WE SUPPORT EACH OTHER...

FOR THOSE IN THE COLORADO AREA AND DON'T KNOW US WE THE ONES WITH THE "SLANGIN' KEYZ" ALBUM COMMERCIAL ON BET UNCUT... MANY OF YOU HAVE CHECK OUT THE COMMERCIAL AND TALK ABOUT IT. BUT YOU DON'T SUPPORT. MANY PEOPLE TALK ALL THIS ISH ON HOW THE REP THEY CITY BUT WHEN A BROTHA' COMES OUT TO MAKE IT KNOWN THAT THE CITY IS DOIN' THANGS YOU DON'T SUPPORT IT.. AN ALBUM TELLS THE OTHER STATES OR HOODS WHATS CRACKING IN OUR HOOD... SO SPREAD THE WORD ADN SPREAD THE LOVE.. CAUSE WHAT GOOD IS A RAPPER IF HE HAS NO AUDIENCE...

IM OUT HALLA

IF YOU FROM COLORADO AND TRULY ARE A REPRESENTER... THEN CHECK OUT THE WEBSITE... GET ACTIVE IN THAT ISH WE HAVE A FORUM ALSO.. REGISTER ON THAT ISH, LEAVE POSTS AND REPLIES... CAUSE IM NOT DOING THIS ISH FOR MY I'M DOING THIS FOR MY MUTHAFU@#IN' HOOD..

WWW.TAY-RECORDS.COM

Apr 25, 2002
www.dugoutent.com
Right on Musty.....good shyt brotha.

I did get a chance to meet yall the very first show I was at out in Englewood....yall was passin out them printout's that had Slangin Keyz on them...and the homie had the Lade on Swangerz...real nice.

Well I been out here a while now...few months and I do feel that there is some division amongst the lables out here, but....it is nothing I haven't seen in Cali and the Bay. We have the same issues in our own backyard. However, I think it is getting better...I notice and I believe we spoke on this the night we met...that the Latinz and Blacks don't mix too much musically out here but that too is getting better. I have recently hooked Mellowed Out & Curbie up with Sick N Twisted Ent. for some nice new ventures in the not so distant future....where as they might not have never connected because of whatever reasons.

There is always gonna be boundaries and division in this game of music, especially rap because it's so damn competitive but they can be overcome. Shyt, like the homie said...I am out here and have bridged alot of gaps man...not tootin my own horn, but I have and that's what I like to see. Hit me bout some work ideas etc and I will put you in contact with cats in the D that are business men and lookin to spread the love and keep the network goin.

Holla: [email protected]

D-Mak

Sicc OG
May 17, 2002
Ive always lived in Denver & always have listened to "rap" but I cant vouch that we have the quality, Im not gonna buy some shit just cause a cats from my hometown

big D

Sicc OG
May 2, 2002
D-Mak said:
Ive always lived in Denver & always have listened to "rap" but I cant vouch that we have the quality, Im not gonna buy some shit just cause a cats from my hometown
well said! I've never heard much outta D that warrants a $10-$15 purchase!

Nov 24, 2002
www.5150xo.com
I think theire is alot of music out of Denver worth paying for. Nyke Loc is just one of em and although i been clowned for it i like the t.r.u.e.s. Dragon e and dj fame are two of the tightest producers in the world. The problem i see is that nobody from Denver is willing to spend the money to properly market and promote shit. You cant just put a cd on the shelves and expect its gonna sell. So how can we support music we dont even know about? The only artists i know from Denver are the ones who activly market and promote their product down here in Pueblo. You Denver cats can keep overlooking pueblo but it's gonna cost you album sales plain and simple.

Apr 25, 2002
MTB -

So you want your city to be recognized. I can understand that, I come across a lot of people who feel that way. The question is, does anyone else even care? If you want the cold truth, no. The only cats (for the most part) who are going to care about what Denver has crackin' are the people who live in Denver.

If you want to be recognized then let your music earn that for you. Let your music earn you an audience. It will do a better job of that than anything else. You also can't be expecting cats to support your shit just because you put something out. So what? Tons of people put stuff out but that doesn't mean anyone owes them a cd sale, or that that artist even deserves any support.

If you want people to spend their money on you, you gotta give them more of a reason than just because you think they should.

Good luck and I hope you can get it crackin'.

Dec 4, 2002
I think that it is hard to support something that you do not know exists. If it wasn't for my homeboy, I wouldn't know as much as I do. I am from Pueblo and i am aware of some Denver artists...the t.r.u.e.s mainly. I know that my husband will try to look for unknown artists.....same with my homeboy.....But most people do not. Most people learn of artists through marketing and promotion because they do not make a concious effort to look for it. In Pueblo, we don't see alot of that targeted towards us.....being that we are so close. Don't you think artists should be aiming for wide spread Colorado support?

MTB

Jan 7, 2003
WWW.TAY-RECORDS.COM
ALL OF YOU WHO POSTED WAS ON SOME REAL ISH AND THAT'S COOL IF ANYONE WANNA HALLA YOU CAN EMAIL ME AT [email protected]

PEEP THE WEB SITE IF YOU WOULD LIKE TAY-RECORDS.COM

ALSO WE HAVE AN OFFICE IN CALI WHICH IS SLOWLY TAKING OFF THE OFFICE IS RAN BY ART-OFFICIAL MUSIC.

WE REALIZE WE HAVE TO GET OUT THERE AND PUTTING OUT A CD DOESN'T MEAN CD SELLS, ALL I'M SAYIN IS JUST PEEP THE ISH. YOU CAN GET A FREE LISTEN ON THE SITE OR IN SOME RECORD STORES AND THE ALBUM IS IN RECORD STORES IN CALI.

MAYBE IT IS BECAUSE OF THE MESSAGE THAT WE STRESS IS WHY WE WANT PEOPLE TO HAVE THIS ALBUM. WE STRESSIN' COMRADERY.
HALLA

MTB

Jan 7, 2003
WWW.TAY-RECORDS.COM
TAY-RECORDS.COM WILL ALSO BE DOING THE RAPIN' 4 TAY SHOW COMING UP THIS WED. SO CHECK THAT OUT. ALSO WE GAT THE LUNIZ OUT HEAR ON THE 24 OF FEB. MY BOYZ M.N.L.D. WILL BE ON STAGE REPPIN THE MONTBELLO FAMILY.

LATE

Apr 25, 2002
pueblo aint got shit on denver. this cat said dj fame...lol...damn homie you behind aint you? dj fame aint produced shit in years. ol boy done traded in his 64 for a motorcycle and owns some real estate company.