Is Clyde Carson the Bay's best mainstream hope?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 30, 2006
www.myspace.com
the_truth_ said:
He can have all the star qualities in the world this industry is single driven.. theres 2 ways to blow up either a hit single or a powerfull.. look at jeezy he is a perfect example he didnt necessarily have a big hit single that put him on, but he was sellin units in the south and had already build a strong fanbase and a movement before he got signed.. clyde doesnt really have that but he has all the qualities of a star and has what it takes to have longevity and not just be a one hit wonder.. his sound is universal he wont have any problems to appeal to people outside of the bay.. its about getting heard tho if capitol gets behind him and really pushes him.. with the right song he can do it.. but im real skeptical about capitol tho they have a record of not promoting rap like that

and thats the f'n truth right there i hella agree with you on this one. gotta have a business head. and big rich is nice but has no sex appeal so the ladies not buying it.

Nov 30, 2006
www.myspace.com
SFC I-Side said:
FUCK MAINSTREAM WHO NEEDS IT

see you missin all the money and things you get once your in the mainstream man. Movies clothinglines all that stuff pays. people trying to set up business plans plus being local can only take you so far. i mean street cred is hella coo but i cant pay the bills with it.

Oct 31, 2003
He has potential and all the right ingredients to do well...on paper, but on paper the Yankee's should win the World Series every year. It really comes down to good music and a label to push your product...and the fans. As much as people say "this person is the best chance" if they don't go buy the albums- it doesn't matter.

Jan 23, 2007
for those sayin if he makes a club banger he's sellin out i dont agree...you can have a club banger and still spit some gangsta shit on in...the perfect example to me is game and 50 on how we do....that song was gettin stupid play and wasnt n no bubble gum shit and it really brought game to the light

Feb 28, 2007
killa kali said:
Clydes got the swag of a superstar and his sound is really radio friendly. I think he's got the most mainstream appeal out of all the up and coming bay artists out right now. ya'll think he's gonna blow up with this new album?
He most definitely is. Did ya see wat young jock said about the bay; "theres kids in atlanta tryna hyphy..." tryna hyphy... wat the hell is that. He dont know what the hell he talkin bout, comin up wit shit out his ass. That jus tells me the movement didnt work out as good as it was suppose to. Clyde got his own lil style he talk about coo shit that dont got poppin pills and ghost ridin in every sentence but he still rep the bay.

Jun 21, 2006
killa kali said:
I hope he gets a big single out soon. 2 step is str8 for a buzz song but he needs a huge club banger to get into the door
naw, he shouldn't release it till mid july or august if his albums dropping in september. promoting a single without an album out within a few months is a waste of time and money cause songs gets played out along with intrest

Apr 28, 2003
Clyde Carson & Ya Boy got the biggest potential to make it mainstream...

J. Stalin is someone I want to see blow up,so far he hasn't dissappointed me with any of the stuff he's released

J:M

Sicc OG
Feb 4, 2004
Anyone with an ear can say that Clyde is the one with the most potential. The Team had the most potential as a group. I also think J. Valentine can do the Keisha Cole route and blow up also. Got talent, need all the other parts to come together. (Business, Promo, Support):ermm: