Is Clyde Carson the Bay's best mainstream hope?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 14, 2006
Clydes got the swag of a superstar and his sound is really radio friendly. I think he's got the most mainstream appeal out of all the up and coming bay artists out right now. ya'll think he's gonna blow up with this new album?

Jul 13, 2006
my moneys on clyde, his sound is radio friendly and he keeps it real. He is one of my favorite out right now, and my friends that aint really hear bay rap down here are feelin his shit right now....fuck, 2 step was even on at the club last weekend

May 19, 2006
If clyde would have saved some of the Team joints for his solo then he could of blew up bigger..Imagine if he dropped "Gettin Hot" or "Everybody in the Club" as his single..Shit even "THis my song"

Feb 1, 2006
i agree---ya boy probably would have to drop some radio/club shit slap to get mainstream. Its unfortunate that for a artist to really blow up they have to conform their music for the commerical side of it.

Aug 7, 2006
i'd say so. he has a universal sound not just hyphy shit, plus he has the black wall street backing him. if he can get the right promotion and good singles then he'll do major damage.

Apr 25, 2005
92five10 said:
my moneys on clyde, his sound is radio friendly and he keeps it real. He is one of my favorite out right now, and my friends that aint really hear bay rap down here are feelin his shit right now....fuck, 2 step was even on at the club last weekend
^^^. He is the Bay's brightest upcoming star. He has the mainstream presence. He can easily make the club joints that is gonna make him blow up, just look at his work with The Team. .

Jan 15, 2006
He definetily has potential... will he blow up ? who knows you never know all it takes is one hit single.. who would have ever tought big rich would have made such an impact in the bay.. the game is hella unpredictable

Feb 14, 2006
^ Big Rich hasn't done much for the bay yet. I went to school out on the east coast for a while and I heard his song once on BET 106 & Park and thats it. None of my friends were feelin it either. Dont get me wrong Bg rich is nice but he's still unknown

Jan 15, 2006
The General said:
^^^. He is the Bay's brightest upcoming star. He has the mainstream presence. He can easily make the club joints that is gonna make him blow up, just look at his work with The Team. .
He can have all the star qualities in the world this industry is single driven.. theres 2 ways to blow up either a hit single or a powerfull movement.. look at jeezy he is a perfect example he didnt necessarily have a big hit single that put him on, but he was sellin units in the south and had already build a strong fanbase and a movement before he got signed.. clyde doesnt really have that but he has all the qualities of a star and has what it takes to have longevity and not just be a one hit wonder.. his sound is universal he wont have any problems to appeal to people outside of the bay.. its about getting heard tho if capitol gets behind him and really pushes him.. with the right song he can do it.. but im real skeptical about capitol tho they have a record of not promoting rap like that

Jan 15, 2006
killa kali said:
^ Big Rich hasn't done much for the bay yet. I went to school out on the east coast for a while and I heard his song once on BET 106 & Park and thats it. None of my friends were feelin it either. Dont get me wrong Bg rich is nice but he's still unknown
I meant IN the bay.. he had a nice lil buzz IN THE BAY around the time his album was coming out.. im just saying me personally i would have never expected that you never know all it takes is one song