In your opinion?????

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Oct 30, 2002
www.soundclick.com
Back then ut was quality over quantity.

Now its quantity at the expense of quality.

10 -15 years ago you had to book and pay for studio time and there was no bullshutting because time was money.

Everyone has a studio now. Over half of these albums should not be out there. No mixing no mastering .

Everyone is a ceo

There is no humility

Everyone thinks they are gonna blow up

Everyone 18 year old is a king pin

I could go on .

Dec 11, 2006
Back then people made a 100% Mobb album and that's usually what I look for. I know artists make different songs to attract all people to an album but Ive always liked an all Mobb album and that's hard to find in todays music. my opinion

WayCide-Ridah

Evergreen Hustlah
Sep 13, 2005
Tha Eva Green
I lost faith in hip hop...people always following fads and wearing skinny jeans with some ray bans, spitting that rack city shit, repetitive hooks, there's no soul in music today...remember when songs had meanings...the revolution is gone and in its place is skinny jeans and bill Cosby sweaters...just to add in there, I hate tank tops n snap backs...keep that shit fitted!!

G-ro

Sicc OG
Jun 6, 2002
QUALITY is the main difference : too many so called rappers or self-proclaimed producers nowadays floading the market with low-budget music...

May 17, 2002
I lost faith in hip hop...people always following fads and wearing skinny jeans with some ray bans, spitting that rack city shit, repetitive hooks, there's no soul in music today...remember when songs had meanings...the revolution is gone and in its place is skinny jeans and bill Cosby sweaters...just to add in there, I hate tank tops n snap backs...keep that shit fitted!!
I agree with you on everything except the bill cosby sweater thing. Coogi sweaters were pretty big in the 90s, so for me, those coogi sweaters go along with what i remember when i think of in the 90s era.

Jan 4, 2003
www.bayundaground.com
there are too many albums that are being released only digitally; I'm a cd collector and I always mind about a clean artwork, nice digipak, additional info inside the package; downloading music ain't my thang; Im too old for that; shit, I've already said that.
and I miss those beats from mid 90s. those live instruments, those heavy drums, guitars, pianos etc. the production you could've hear on albums from Too Short, Spice 1, Ant Banks... nowadays I can count just a few albums that have such music;
too much fucking autotune; simple, minimalistic choruses;
and last, but not least - LYRCIS; topics, message, content; however you'd call it there's nothing inside those tracks; even if the production is good, when you listen to the lyrics all you can hear is "im the king of the street, I got the best car on the block; I push dope like its nothing, I multiply my stacks just like that"; can't imagine how many kings there are in Cali; it has to be a real kingdom

recklessofgilaz

Im Gay until I log back in
Oct 30, 2008
Gilaz with Track Killa and Vince
there are too many albums that are being released only digitally; I'm a cd collector and I always mind about a clean artwork, nice digipak, additional info inside the package; downloading music ain't my thang; Im too old for that; shit, I've already said that.
and I miss those beats from mid 90s. those live instruments, those heavy drums, guitars, pianos etc. the production you could've hear on albums from Too Short, Spice 1, Ant Banks... nowadays I can count just a few albums that have such music;
too much fucking autotune; simple, minimalistic choruses;
and last, but not least - LYRCIS; topics, message, content; however you'd call it there's nothing inside those tracks; even if the production is good, when you listen to the lyrics all you can hear is "im the king of the street, I got the best car on the block; I push dope like its nothing, I multiply my stacks just like that"; can't imagine how many kings there are in Cali; it has to be a real kingdom
Real shit!

Props: S.SAVAGE