In your opinion?????

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jul 6, 2009
You tube. Anyone can record music and make videos now which is not a bad thing to me. You don't like it you don't have to listen or watch it. There's definitely more variety in rap now than there was 15 years ago. There's different genres of rap now instead of just one

Mar 19, 2006
not enough mobb shit being dropped and way too many features.. artist want to reach a wider audience and fan base, but they wouldn't have been shit without their original fans in the first place

Aug 19, 2004
10-15 years ago? It seemed like the subject matter in songs and the persona's that artists were trying to push were more limited.

Nowadays, you don't know what to expect from musicians. Well some of them you do. Rick Ross is going to be rapping about being Tony Montana always. But artists like Kanye continue to take chances musically. Even though there's a lot of garbage there's a lot of competition as well. It's really hard to NOT find current songs, albums and artists that I like to listen to.

Unfortunately, because of kids growing up with the internet, they take this abundance of music for granted, and just download it for free. Too many people I know, even people my own age are too stingy to actually pay for music. "Albums are too expensive." What about itunes or amazon and just buying a song for a dollar? "Rappers don't need my money, they're already rich." People have hundreds and hundreds of songs on their phones, constantly downloading more. It's over indulgence.

I had that same mentality initially when napster came out, but seeing how difficult it is to create something, the hard work that goes into it, as well as the effects it has on the economy and people around you when individuals make excuses for just taking things instead of paying for them, I can't do that.

I'm back to buying CDs, if an album is out of print, or can't buy it digitally, fuck it. When it does become available I'll appreciate the music that much more.

LethaFace @LethaFace
I also like buying actual albums for the total package, artwork, everything. That's why I always liked the original Northern Expozure compilations because of the care that went into EVERYTHING, from cover beats, lyrics, song content, to the cover artwork, inside notes, etc.