Immortal Technique

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Jake

Sicc OG
May 1, 2003
and just for future reference...NO good rappers get much attention on this board. not underground hip hop ones at least

Jake

Sicc OG
May 1, 2003
you have to remember that 95% of people on this baord dont even know who he is...or even know any rappers outside of cali for that matter.

Mar 7, 2004
i think dude is a hell of an Mc but i dont think he writes good enough songs. i think he should play more on the music side then all his politics. just my opion though.with a lil more gidence i think he can get his shit out there more. i love to hear some of his preaching but it gets old. just gota remeber its a music bissness also.

Jul 22, 2006
Immortal Technique is a great battle rapper and good lyricist, but his not much of a song writer and as a whole his albums aren't all that great.

You can only beat a person over the head with your politics so long before they say, man this is a song, how come it doesn't sound good? And it gets turned off.

Dec 9, 2005
Great lyricyst ?

Yes.

Great songwriter ?

No. He's horrible.

Lyrics come second to music in my book. I have to enjoy the music otherwise I lose interest.

Apr 4, 2006
MOREBASS said:
Lyrics come second to music in my book. I have to enjoy the music otherwise I lose interest.
im exactly opposite if its a wack beat but tight lyrics ill bump it all day everyday.to me rap is lyrics a hundred fold over beats n hooks.

Dec 9, 2005
k-nine said:
im exactly opposite if its a wack beat but tight lyrics ill bump it all day everyday.to me rap is lyrics a hundred fold over beats n hooks.

To each his own.

I'm the exact opposite. I'm a sucker for melodies. To be honest, I've found that when I'm listening to music, I get so caught up into the music aspect, that a lot of the times, I have no idea what the song is about, or the lyrics to the song.

Aug 20, 2006
FLA
Deadpool said:
Immortal Technique is a great battle rapper and good lyricist, but his not much of a song writer and as a whole his albums aren't all that great.

You can only beat a person over the head with your politics so long before they say, man this is a song, how come it doesn't sound good? And it gets turned off.
i hope your talkin about written battles...cuz his freestyles suck SO bad its not even funny. and i hate his political songs. he should make a album of songs like obnoxious and crossing the boundary