If u started a Nonprofit Organization..

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Defy

Cannabis Connoisseur
Jan 23, 2006
Rich City
mine would be something like a big brothers/sisters-type thing, except for the arts. kids would be able to learn instruments, learn how to film & make movies, have access to tv & music studios. and the shit would be open all hours of the day & night, except during school hours. keep these little badass oakland kids off the street

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
ECOSE said:
a homie of mine dropped a pot in the kitchen that sent his girlfriends pops back to nam for a few minutes
thats sad but hella funny at the same time. I remember seeing this guy outta the blue start yellin cha ching cha ching cha ching as he jerked his arms back and fourth like he was shooting an M-16 we were like WTF. He would be a perfect candidate for my army of the damned

Jul 4, 2002
wow, there r some good ideas here, i especially like the one by arson, tho i hate to admint it lol that one really got me thinking....

what about helping poor people with legal fees n shit like that...that sounds cool too

Apr 14, 2003
INPUT said:
an organization that protests this gov'ts bullshit actions....but that organization would have to be big...
^^^^ and it would have to be big as fuck, but everybody's too pussy to protest the government.

either that or some typa help the kids shit...I'd rather work in something like that than work a gay ass job but I dont know how i'd eat.

Dec 25, 2003
I would improve literacy / reading comprehension and work to tailor more media for consumption of underprivileged youth. My goal would be one day to bridge the cultural divide and the literacy gap. Upper class, educated America is able to read and enjoy much of the available books and media out there.

Minority and underpriviledged kids often lack the comprehension, literacy, or cultural reference to get much out of the media available. In other words, myself or someone else from the GOM could just trip out in a library or Barnes and Noble, while 9 times out of 10 most kids and even some adults from economically disenfranchised or lacking environments cannot.

My belief also is that the ability to enrich and entertain yourself through reading is a vastly important and unlearned skill.

Jun 3, 2006
it would be called "daddy for a day" and i would go visit the fatherless kids and teach em ways to get down for they feddi...and give they mamma's sum male companionship

Jun 3, 2006
WHITE DEVIL said:
^^Man Takin No Shortz beats the fuck out of Flawless. Hate to hijack a thread but for real.
i know...they both cool tho.....i still got about 100 takin no shorts posters in my sisters garage

Y-S

Sicc OG
Dec 10, 2005
jayda650 said:
I'd start up an organization to get bums offa the streets and give them jobs for room and board. The evil twist is that I'd have em making gucci wallets or some shit and selling them at mainey markups in boutiques overseas like in Japan where shit like that goes for even more lol. Them fuckers wouldn't complain i'll give em a roof and food and pay them more than panhandling will get them and they can even snag a wallet or purse every once in awhile and sell it on the street for their poison of choice whether it be crack smack or booze, everyones happy

especially me Muahahahahaha! Then i'd branch off to more evil ventures using bums as my own personal army, no one can stop me! Bahahahahahaha!

Being evil is so much fun
Isn't there the one that Roosevelt created to help the unemployed? Perhaps the only unemployed but not homelesses.....hah I don't know

Feb 1, 2006
BOMBSAC said:
thats where the research would come in....dont most of these organizations run off donations?
From what I understand, yes, many do, but almost ALL serious nonprofits get grants from foundations to pay rent and salaries. That is what sucks because:

a. Non-profits have to spend so much time writing applications for grants, and this is really complicated and a pain in the ass because you have to make your non-profit sound as bomb as possible so you get a grant. Then you have to report to the foundation exactly how you spent their money down to the penny.

B. Foundations are almost always run by really rich people, who have basically unlimited money to give to organizations of their choice. As we all know, really rich people have funny ideas about what deserves money and what doesn't. Also they are never (intentionally) going to fund anything that threatens the class and race order which enabled them to get rich.

C. Rich people put their money in foundations so they don't have to pay taxes on it, so the hustle is, rich people set their money apart in foundations and the foundations only spend 3 or 5% a year on their pet non-profits and invest the rest (untaxed, but getting intrest) thru the foundation. Because this masive amount of money is not locally taxed the government taxes the shit outta the poor and middle classes and still can't fund schools, hospitals, etc. Thus creating needs for non-profits to fill the gaps in society's safety net...... see the hustle? Not very democratic huh?

On the other hand, if you can trick the foundation into giving you a grant, its basically free money, so.... that part is all good..... too bad you have to have your head up the foundation's ass to get one usually.

So, sorry to write a damn essay, but that is the problem with non-profits as I see them. Plus MANY people get jaded by the hustle they have to do begging from foundations and look at it like just another career and stop being motivated by 'the kids' or whatever cause it was they started the non-profit for in the first place....

Apr 7, 2005
www.myspace.com
I would start....NBA or Net Bangers Anonymous.

It would be a service that we all know is needed, and finding clients would be the least of my worries.

I'm going to buy banners for open forum, east coco, and so cal forums.

I'll even run specials....2 for 1 Scrap Couseling. Hypnosis Wendsdays for supression of your inner norteno. Purple fridays - crips and bloods unite to exchange bandanas instead of bullets, all while breathin' on yerp and sippin' on syrup laden punch.

I'm going to hit Hennessey and Remy Martin up for start up capitol.