If Lebron Continues To Struggle, Will He Get Labeled The Peyton Manning of the NBA ?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
LeBron is inconsistant. One game he'll explode for 38 points, 9 rebounds, 9 assist and then the next game he'll play passive and go for 4-13 and just stand around like he's not LeBron James. Sometimes (like yesterday) he can forget who he or what kind of impact he has on his team. He's the leader of the team and it's up to him to get things rolling in Cleveland. Last night he didn't do that and because of that his team got smothered by the Celtics. LeBron has proven he can win games by himself.

phil

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
everybody is saying lebron and the cavs lost this game. am i the only one who saw boston crush every comeback attempt cleveland made? boston has the best team in the nba BY FAR if healthy.

thats a big if, and right now they are playing up to their potential. ive been saying it all year. the old guys saved their gas this season for the playoffs and this series in particular. how easy everyone forgets how boston was on pace to surpass chicago's 72-10 record last season until the old guys showed their age. they didnt make that mistake this season, and everybody wrote them off. dont get me wrong, i dont think its out of the question that cleveland can blow them out in game 6 and 7 but the opposite is just as probable if not more.

May 2, 2002
I'm mad at Lebron...he played like shit...but it is only 1 game.

His team sucking it up ain't an excuse...it's true. They get by during the regular season cause they play a bunch of crappy teams all year. They're good...but not championship level.

The Celtics and Magic are both better than the Cavs and it's showing again this year.

I know Lebron is gonna get all the shit thrown at him...that's expected...but if you put the hate to the side and really look at the teams it's pretty obvious that his supporting cast is pretty weak compared to the Celtics, Magic...and the Lakers.

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
Boston's veteran presence smashed on the Cavs. Lebron can only do so much, and to deny that hes hurt (even if hes said it) is garbage. Either way he doesnt look comfortable, and he has no one else on the team that can step up. And even if Rondo doesnt ball outta control, Garnett, Allen, and Pierce are there to step it up. On top of it Kendrick Perkins is a solid body in the middle.

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
If LeBron had a weak supporting cast then they wouldn't have home court advantage wrapped up throughout the playoffs.

May 2, 2002
If LeBron had a weak supporting cast then they wouldn't have home court advantage wrapped up throughout the playoffs.
Originally posted by me...They get by during the regular season cause they play a bunch of crappy teams all year. They're good...but not championship level.

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
can kinda say the same for Bron dont ya think
look at most of Lebron's post season stats... they're off the hook

this one of the very few playoff games where he doesn't play good

so... NO... you can't say the same for Lebron... if you wanna base his playoff career off one game... sure... like I said his teammates CONSISTENTLY suck int he playoffs

no player is ever gonna play to their full potential every single night

not even MJ did

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
Lebrons worst games are in the playoffs year after year.

dude is not clutch and has head problems.

Before this all happened everyone was saying the bench was ok enough for the title. now everyone is backing out.

Every year its been "wait till lebron gets a better team." Well every year he gets a better team and hasnt done shit.
ummmm..... Lebron averages 27.5 points 7 rebounds and 6.7 assists in his playoff career (those are the stats not including this year)

Lebron has had some amazing games in the playoffs... sure he's had some bad ones... but so has almost every great player... it happens

the fact of the matter is if Lebron doesn't have a great game it's almost guaranteed they're going to lose

if Kobe doesn't have a great game he has a team around him to pick up the slack... that's the difference

nobody is going ot be great night in and night out... nobody...

phil

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
Boston's veteran presence smashed on the Cavs. Lebron can only do so much, and to deny that hes hurt (even if hes said it) is garbage. Either way he doesnt look comfortable, and he has no one else on the team that can step up. And even if Rondo doesnt ball outta control, Garnett, Allen, and Pierce are there to step it up. On top of it Kendrick Perkins is a solid body in the middle.
boston is hella deep too with big baby, sheed, and allen coming off the bench

Oct 24, 2002
www.beekc.com
ummmm..... Lebron averages 27.5 points 7 rebounds and 6.7 assists in his playoff career (those are the stats not including this year)

Lebron has had some amazing games in the playoffs... sure he's had some bad ones... but so has almost every great player... it happens

the fact of the matter is if Lebron doesn't have a great game it's almost guaranteed they're going to lose

if Kobe doesn't have a great game he has a team around him to pick up the slack... that's the difference

nobody is going ot be great night in and night out... nobody...

Lebron may not have as deep of bench. But he def has quality players.

I was sharing this little stat with my friends.

PPG this season

Lakers

kobe 26
gasol 20
fisher 10

cavs
lebron 29
antwan 16
mo 13
shaq 11

thats two more people averaging more than the third highest scorer on the lakers.

Like i said. Lebron doesnt have the best supporting cast but he has a damn good one. No excuses. His best team by far.

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
put it like this... if you let Kobe and Lebron switch teams, Lebron would be winning championships... and Kobe wouldn't... I garnette that

Rasan

Producer
May 17, 2002
Chula Vista, South Bay, San Diego, California
Lebron should stay but he isn't. He is gonna go to Brooklyn, and they are gonna have to rebuild around him and it could be a few years before he has the team and coaches he needs to get a ring.
He needs to be more vocal about the coaching and the supporting cast he has. Everybody made a big deal about shaq, but that nigga is just in the way. Everybody else really doesn't have the drive. If bron is hot, they hot. If he has an off game, they play all timid like they can't do shit.
But to get destroyed at home like that? He had to have gave up. But if they had a coach like phil or doc rivers, they would be cruisin.its gonna be several years tho before he gets a ring.

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
^^^ bullshit, Kobe knows how to utilize Shaq Lebron only does sometimes
lmfao... are you SERIOUSLY comparing Shaq from the Lakers to Shaq today???

Shaq was in his prime when they won those championships in LA... he's an old ass man now... you gotta be kidding me

C-4

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
the main thing people were saying this morning wasn't so much that he had a bad game, Lebron is human, he's going to have bad games here and there, that's a given, but they didn't like his attitude toward the whole situation. especially during the postgame, he was just hella nonchalant like he didn't give a fuck or didnt place any blame on himself. he said he's only had 3 bad games in his career?? wow really? he is undoubtedly the leader of that team and the face of the nba, bad game or not, he needs to step up and be a leader, get fired up, ged mad, light some fire under himself and the rest of his team.