If Lebron Continues To Struggle, Will He Get Labeled The Peyton Manning of the NBA ?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 18, 2006
Aint noone sayen its the same Shaq but Lebron supposedly is so great at pass first scorer, sure didnt show it last night. Shaq would still get off with the Lakers cuz unlike Lebron Kobe knows how to manage a game

Feb 15, 2006
OVERREACTION is right

"You guys are crazy," he finally told reporters, shaking his head. "I'm 25 years old and you're talking about reputation and legacy. C'mon, man. I got more years and a lot more time to play this game of basketball. As far as my reputation and my legacy, the only thing I care about in being a part of this league and being a part of this team every day is to help guys get better every day, lead guys and try to help guys understand that it's more than the game of basketball.

"For me to think about legacy and things like that . . . those things are going to take care of themselves. Nobody can ever question what I do individually or what I've done in this short career. If anyone has the right to question how I play on the court and what I do on the court, then I don't understand that."

Mar 16, 2005
OVERREACTION is right

"You guys are crazy," he finally told reporters, shaking his head. "I'm 25 years old and you're talking about reputation and legacy. C'mon, man. I got more years and a lot more time to play this game of basketball. As far as my reputation and my legacy, the only thing I care about in being a part of this league and being a part of this team every day is to help guys get better every day, lead guys and try to help guys understand that it's more than the game of basketball.

"For me to think about legacy and things like that . . . those things are going to take care of themselves. Nobody can ever question what I do individually or what I've done in this short career. If anyone has the right to question how I play on the court and what I do on the court, then I don't understand that."
well how is what we all say over reaction, when he's out on the town with jay-z and since day 1 has always said he wanted to be a billionaire....he never said he wanted to be a multi championship winning player, a billionaire is all he said.

all he cares for his is image, his money and his fame. He doesnt care about basketball as a game and his legacy in it, only that basketball is his way to earn the fame and fortune he wants.

He is a freakish athlete who happens to play basketball, not a warrior for the game of basketball like Kobe and mj were/are

Mar 16, 2005
Holy overreaction.

hes 25
jordans rings at 25 = 0
that team sucks, mo williams is their 2nd best player.
they didnt lose yet.

the celtics r pretty fuckin good.

ok but there was never too much talk about Jordan leaving to chase money was there..he stayed, he waited and let the team build around him, and in turn he made the players around him better. Other then Dennis Rodman, how many players were truly better then average on the bulls???? Pippen was a good player yes, but Jordan made him the player he was, i dont believe he would have had the same career if he was never with Jordan. kerr, bj armstorn, longley, cartwright, kucoc come on people....this wasnt a first class core around jordan.....yet he made them better.

Wasnt Jameson suppose to come in and light a flame under this team...ummm hmmmm where is the leader to keep the flame lit? shaq, and big z should beat most other teams at center on any given night except for very few teams, but even then, that leaves James to make shaq and z better players...not happening yet. Mo Williams for as bad as yo utry to make him out to be, he is a very very servicable player to pair with James...why is he not playing well then???? no leadership on court...whos job is that?

If yo uwant to be considered the best player in the league You have to have heart, you have to want to win, you have to be a true leader, you have to take over when things are going wrong. So far when its not the regular season Lebron has not proven any of that in his career. And this is against the (l)East, imagine if he was playing with this team in the west, we probably wouldnt even be having the conversation of whos better lebron or Kobe.

Mar 16, 2005
I will say though, tonights game will be interesting. With all the hate Lebron has been through the past 2 days its truly a put up or shut up game. Im not saying they have to win, because if lebron goes for 40+ and close to a triple double and they still lose its obviously not his fault, but if they lose and he is at say 20pts and like 6 assists then he sure didnt help his case at all.

I think the people most mad about the lebron talk the past 2 days has to be celtic fans, knowing this should fire Lebron up for a huge game.

Nov 24, 2003
Other then Dennis Rodman, how many players were truly better then average on the bulls???? Pippen was a good player yes, but Jordan made him the player he was, i dont believe he would have had the same career if he was never with Jordan

WTF!!

WHAT!!??

Pippen is a Hall of Famer and one of the 50 greatest NBA players of all time!!

All-NBA First Team - 3 Times
All-Defensive First Team - 8 Times

Not to mention; when Jordan left the Bulls in 93' Pippen was the LEADING vote getter for BOTH All NBA First Team and NBA All-Defense First Team while averaging -

22.00 Points - 8th
8.7 Rebounds - 23rd
5.6 Assists - 19th
2.93 Steals - 2nd

Then in 1994

2.94 Steals - 1st
21.5 Points - 12th
8.1 Rebounds - 23rd
5.2 Assists - 23rd

Hardly a "good" player.

-------------------------------------

For Lebron to have similar support you would need to start with someone who was on their OWN - All NBA First Team AND NBA All-Defensive First Team

Mar 16, 2005
WHAT!!??

Pippen is a Hall of Famer and one of the 50 greatest NBA players of all time!!

Not to mention; when Jordan left the Bulls in 93' Pippen was the LEADING vote getter for BOTH All NBA First Team and NBA All-Defense First Team while averaging -

22.00 Points - 8th
8.7 Rebounds - 23rd
5.6 Assists - 19th
2.93 Steals - 2nd

Then in 1994

2.94 Steals - 1st
21.5 Points - 12th
8.1 Rebounds - 23rd
5.2 Assists - 23rd

Hardly a "good" player.

-------------------------------------

For Lebron to have similar support you would need to start with someone who was on their OWN - All NBA First Team AND NBA All-Defensive First Team
You mean like shaq?

also jordan was doing it against reggie miller, patrick ewing, larry bird, etc...

Noone is confusing any players in the east of being that calibur right now

Aug 9, 2006
lebron may be 25 but hes still in his prime...

the comparison to MJ is ridiculous, even more ridiculous then the kobe vs mj comparison...

MJ entered the nba later then lebron, lebrons wear and tear is already starting to pile up...the best of em get threw it but to think lebron has more then 5+ years at THIS level is pretty crazy...nba players are getting bigger and stronger everyday, and the better and better lebron gets at his Js, the harder and tougher teams will play him...........

long story short, the excuses are running thin, next year when he has his other max salary guy there wont be ANY excuses left...

Sep 20, 2005
FUCK YOU
OVERREACTION is right

your tune is gonna change as soon as he bounces the fuck outta cleveland

Dec 2, 2006
Tonight's game will determine his legacy in Cleveland. But Cleveland is one cursed city so I do not know. His performance last game was atrocious. He only took 3 shots in the first half. He is hurt or just losing confidence in the guys around him. Someone else needs to step up. I want Cleveland to win it all but doubt they will get by Orlando let alone Boston.

Sep 20, 2005
FUCK YOU
Tonight's game will determine his legacy in Cleveland. But Cleveland is one cursed city so I do not know. His performance last game was atrocious. He only took 3 shots in the first half. He is hurt or just losing confidence in the guys around him. Someone else needs to step up. I want Cleveland to win it all but doubt they will get by Orlando let alone Boston.
when he is scoring 30+ a game his elbow is fine but as soon as he has a bad game oh it must be his elbow