If Eazy-E Was Still Alive....

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
www.velvetmusic.tk
you should take this post to the b.a.r.t. board lol, maybe you could see how many peeps support pac

I ain't tripping though Easy did a lot for gangsta rap, he's one of the pioneers no doubt. But as you say ... Mr. Samos is young, so am I, we didn't grow up on NWA. Like he said, we grew up on pac. And compared to the old music, rap has improved and there's no way you can deny that or you're still stuck back in the 80's. That's why a lot of people like pac better than easy, maybe not on this board, but don't take this to b.a.r.t. hella peeps respect pac.

I respect both of them, they both did big things for the west. Pac nor easy are my favourite artist. I got NWA cds, Pac cds so I know what's up. But for my personally I like Pac better, he has a lot of lyrical talent, it don't matter what you say cause he does.

And you beefing over Pac or Easy that's pretty dumb, I'm from Belgium yea, but the west is being looked over already all we see is west coast artists that are affiliated to dre in some way. Instead of acting like big men and trying to beef over Pac or Easy you should fucking unite and show the west some love, Pac AND Easy ... they both legends, don't get it twitted...

Just my two cents, if you want to make a 100$ bill out of it go ahead but I didn't mean anything by it just trying to cool down some useless beef

May 11, 2002
AOD said:

You gotta be about 14 year old with a dumbass coment like that. Eazy-E didn't have much of an impact on rap? Your a strait up moron if you think that and you gotta be hella young. See Eazy-E was the main person behind bringing Gangsta Rap round. LONG before 2pac was even heard of. He helped make it what it was. Before Eazy-E/NWA,Ice T & The Geto Boys there wasn't Gangsta rap PERIOD!!! They made that shit. Who you think 2pac was sampling on his songs on his first album? Yeah that's what I thought NWA & Eazy-E. If it wasn't for Eazy-E there wouldn't be Rap as we know it today. Eazy-E had a much larger impact on Rap. And as for your coment about Pac bringin up 20-25 artist you smokin crak. Eazy-E helped launch the Career's of way to many artist to name. Like I said Eazy-E was puttin in work when you wasn't even thought of. He made it possible for people to get paid offa Rap. That independent shit everyone tryin to do. Get they own label. Who in the fuk you think made that possible? Who you think made it possible for people to cuss and say fuk the police on records? Eazy-E & NWA changed Rap. If it wasn't for them there woulda even been a 2pac. And if there was he woulda been on some hip hop bullshit. . .
Real Talk^^^^^

This is my opinion, but there would be no Hard Core Gangsta Rap if there was no Eazy-E. There would be no Dr Dre producing hit's if there was no Eazy-E. There would be no Ice Cube making those funny movies we like to get high to and watch if there was no Eazy-E. And there would be no Tupac if there was no Eazy-E. I understand Ice-T was one of the first to do Gangsta Rap on the West coast but Eazy-E brought a new level of Gangsta Rap to the table and blew it up into the main stream. How do you think a 10 year old white boy from Alton heard of gangsta rap in 88 or 89. It took the country by storm. NWA and rap had so many protests, complaints, letters from the FBI, and angry artists because NWA blew them off the Billboard charts. Now society accepts Rap and Gangsta Rap because it is so common. Eazy-E opened the door to many peple to start their own Record Label and become so rich. There would have been no Master P with No Limit, No Puff Daddy, No Death Row and Suge Knight, and ect.......
He launched the carear for so many artists from Ruthless like NWA (Cube, Dre, Ren, Yella), Kokane, Above The Law, HWA, Bone Thugs, Black Eyed Peas, DOC, JJ Fad, and on and on.

I understang being younger and feel that Pac is the West Coast Ledgend but give Eazy-E the respect. Because if there was no Eazy there would be Gangsta Rap.

P.S. Did you know that Tupac was the FIRST non Ruthless Record label mate to be on a record that was released by Ruthless. He was on "Call It What You Want It" by Above The Law.

Apr 25, 2002
www.dubcnn.com
Codeine said:

Real Talk^^^^^

This is my opinion, but there would be no Hard Core Gangsta Rap if there was no Eazy-E. There would be no Dr Dre producing hit's if there was no Eazy-E. There would be no Ice Cube making those funny movies we like to get high to and watch if there was no Eazy-E. And there would be no Tupac if there was no Eazy-E. I understand Ice-T was one of the first to do Gangsta Rap on the West coast but Eazy-E brought a new level of Gangsta Rap to the table and blew it up into the main stream. How do you think a 10 year old white boy from Alton heard of gangsta rap in 88 or 89. It took the country by storm. NWA and rap had so many protests, complaints, letters from the FBI, and angry artists because NWA blew them off the Billboard charts. Now society accepts Rap and Gangsta Rap because it is so common. Eazy-E opened the door to many peple to start their own Record Label and become so rich. There would have been no Master P with No Limit, No Puff Daddy, No Death Row and Suge Knight, and ect.......
He launched the carear for so many artists from Ruthless like NWA (Cube, Dre, Ren, Yella), Kokane, Above The Law, HWA, Bone Thugs, Black Eyed Peas, DOC, JJ Fad, and on and on.

I understang being younger and feel that Pac is the West Coast Ledgend but give Eazy-E the respect. Because if there was no Eazy there would be Gangsta Rap.

P.S. Did you know that Tupac was the FIRST non Ruthless Record label mate to be on a record that was released by Ruthless. He was on "Call It What You Want It" by Above The Law.
thank u...this thread is over now

Jun 2, 2002
www.myspace.com
AOD said:

You gotta be about 14 year old with a dumbass coment like that. Eazy-E didn't have much of an impact on rap? Your a strait up moron if you think that and you gotta be hella young. See Eazy-E was the main person behind bringing Gangsta Rap round. LONG before 2pac was even heard of. He helped make it what it was. Before Eazy-E/NWA,Ice T & The Geto Boys there wasn't Gangsta rap PERIOD!!! They made that shit. Who you think 2pac was sampling on his songs on his first album? Yeah that's what I thought NWA & Eazy-E. If it wasn't for Eazy-E there wouldn't be Rap as we know it today. Eazy-E had a much larger impact on Rap. And as for your coment about Pac bringin up 20-25 artist you smokin crak. Eazy-E helped launch the Career's of way to many artist to name. Like I said Eazy-E was puttin in work when you wasn't even thought of. He made it possible for people to get paid offa Rap. That independent shit everyone tryin to do. Get they own label. Who in the fuk you think made that possible? Who you think made it possible for people to cuss and say fuk the police on records? Eazy-E & NWA changed Rap. If it wasn't for them there woulda even been a 2pac. And if there was he woulda been on some hip hop bullshit. . .
Right and without that "hiphop" you call bullshit, there wouldn't be any EAZY E or any rapper on this earth. I don't disrespect gangster rap, its original even though it gets played out 10 million times a day, but you have the audacity to diss real hiphop which formed everything related? you basically call artists that are true to the culture bullshit? Like common? mos def? blackstar? gangstarr? pharoah monche, run dmc, LL, 2 live crew, biz markie, epmd, Grandmaster flash and the furious five, sir mix-a-lot, whodini (date back to '84) .... lmao idiot. Yeah he was putting in work when i wasn't even thought of, lmfao, shut the fuck up, that was very ignorant. You don't know shit about real hiphop, i suggest you shut your mouth. Cause without that hiphop you call bullshit, like i said there wouldn't be any of this. recognise it and respect it, or shut your damn mouth.

Oh yea, please don't think of any other stupid shit to say, cause i just sonned you.

Apr 25, 2002
www.dubcnn.com
Mr. Samos said:

Right and without that "hiphop" you call bullshit, there wouldn't be any EAZY E or any rapper on this earth. I don't disrespect gangster rap, its original even though it gets played out 10 million times a day, but you have the audacity to diss real hiphop which formed everything related? you basically call artists that are true to the culture bullshit? Like common? mos def? blackstar? gangstarr? pharoah monche, run dmc, LL, 2 live crew, biz markie, epmd, Grandmaster flash and the furious five, sir mix-a-lot, whodini (date back to '84) .... lmao idiot. Yeah he was putting in work when i wasn't even thought of, lmfao, shut the fuck up, that was very ignorant. You don't know shit about real hiphop, i suggest you shut your mouth. Cause without that hiphop you call bullshit, like i said there wouldn't be any of this. recognise it and respect it, or shut your damn mouth.

Oh yea, please don't think of any other stupid shit to say, cause i just sonned you.
since when has 2 Live Crew, LL and Biz Markie been real hip hop?...lol thats dumb...i fuckin hate the term REAL HIP HOP...whats real about it?...gangster rap is real...cuz thats what they live...bling bling rap is real cuz thats what they live...conscious hip hop is real cuz thats what they live...so chill on the real hip hop shit...its starting to sound like mobb deep is on the board n shit...fuck real hip hop...its all hip hop...which ever way u look at it....

Jun 2, 2002
www.myspace.com
ManOfBeer2K2 said:

since when has 2 Live Crew, LL and Biz Markie been real hip hop?...lol thats dumb...i fuckin hate the term REAL HIP HOP...whats real about it?...gangster rap is real...cuz thats what they live...bling bling rap is real cuz thats what they live...conscious hip hop is real cuz thats what they live...so chill on the real hip hop shit...its starting to sound like mobb deep is on the board n shit...fuck real hip hop...its all hip hop...which ever way u look at it....
They have given back to the culture of hiphop and helped form it, they did not break it down into washed down crap, there still is the underground vibe everywhere you go, that to me, is what keeps this all going.
Thats ignorant what you said man, you make completely no sense at all. most Bling bling rappers don't live what they rap about, they sign a little treaty and there label gives them a couple chains, lmao... how can anybody relate to real real nice cars and 10 thousand dollar ice... im poor as a mofo at this minute, same with everybody i know. .. so that is bullshit. allot of the underground gangster rappers don't live up to the shit they rap about either.. but plenty of people can relate to what they rap about, so i have nothing wrong with that, My whole point was, he said "bullshit hiphop" , that "bull shit hiphop" was here 10-15 years before gangster rap was out... if every rapper back then wasn't consistent in making hiphop official, then gangster rap wouldn't exist, hiphop wouldn't exist... because the foundation of it all would of parished.... Im just saying, don't disrespect rappers that have worked their life/careers building a foundation that set the pace of hiphop growth... because then you are disrespecting everything related to hiphop, and thats not cool.

later

Apr 25, 2002
www.dubcnn.com
Mr. Samos said:

They have given back to the culture of hiphop and helped form it, they did not break it down into washed down crap, there still is the underground vibe everywhere you go, that to me, is what keeps this all going.
Thats ignorant what you said man, you make completely no sense at all. most Bling bling rappers don't live what they rap about, they sign a little treaty and there label gives them a couple chains, lmao... how can anybody relate to real real nice cars and 10 thousand dollar ice... im poor as a mofo at this minute, same with everybody i know. .. so that is bullshit. allot of the underground gangster rappers don't live up to the shit they rap about either.. but plenty of people can relate to what they rap about, so i have nothing wrong with that, My whole point was, he said "bullshit hiphop" , that "bull shit hiphop" was here 10-15 years before gangster rap was out... if every rapper back then wasn't consistent in making hiphop official, then gangster rap wouldn't exist, hiphop wouldn't exist... because the foundation of it all would of parished.... Im just saying, don't disrespect rappers that have worked their life/careers building a foundation that set the pace of hiphop growth... because then you are disrespecting everything related to hiphop, and thats not cool.

later
na that aint ignorant...its just as ignorant as u sayin 2 Live Crew is real hip hop...just cuz theyre underground theyre real?...makes no sense...Eazy E was underground...so that means he was real right?...cmon man...and true i cant relate to no bling bling shit...but the rappers can...theyre rappin about what they see or know...if they know chains, nice cars, etc...then theyre rappin something real...if an underground rapper is rappin about hittin up a dope piece with his mic in his backpack and thats all he knows...then its real...now...u gotta look at this way...if it wasnt for NWA WE wouldnt be here right now...true if it wasnt for Kool Herc and others like him there wouldnt be NWA...but u still gotta respect Eazy E....he was also one of the first to make it big off of word of mouth and slangin tapes from his car...if it wasnt for Eazy the indi game would probably not be anywhere near where its at now....

Apr 25, 2002
Houston
Man, "Bling Bling" rap is not real. That's not how life is lived by the majority of Americans, and blacks at that. It's just like the youngster said, most people are poor or don't have that shit. Those rappers are not rapping about reality. They are creating false idols for the young kids and making it seem to them that it is easy and great to be where they are. Gangsta rap and conscious rap is real because that is reality. A lot of people live like that. These rappers should not be flaunting their chains and dancing around at parties. They should be talking about what's going on and giving a message on how to get out of it.

Jun 2, 2002
www.myspace.com
ManOfBeer2K2 said:

na that aint ignorant...its just as ignorant as u sayin 2 Live Crew is real hip hop...just cuz theyre underground theyre real?...makes no sense...Eazy E was underground...so that means he was real right?...cmon man...and true i cant relate to no bling bling shit...but the rappers can...theyre rappin about what they see or know...if they know chains, nice cars, etc...then theyre rappin something real...if an underground rapper is rappin about hittin up a dope piece with his mic in his backpack and thats all he knows...then its real...now...u gotta look at this way...if it wasnt for NWA WE wouldnt be here right now...true if it wasnt for Kool Herc and others like him there wouldnt be NWA...but u still gotta respect Eazy E....he was also one of the first to make it big off of word of mouth and slangin tapes from his car...if it wasnt for Eazy the indi game would probably not be anywhere near where its at now....
If you read my post i never said if your underground your ill & REAL, Im talking about the artists who helped form hiphop since the early 80's , not just "UNDERGROUND ARTISTS" when i said "underground vibe" im talking about local shows w/ breakdancers, turntablists, rappers, etc.. that natural old school underground vibe, the same feelin u get when u step outside on ur way to a party or sum shit on halloween and you smell the air filled with smoke, it smells the same as every halloween night from way way back since you were a kid... and you get that same feelin, uno what im talkin about... 2 Live crew have been putting in work since '86 and even before that, same with most of the other groups i mentioned. And about that bling bling shit, its not if the rapper relates to it or lives it man, if a person true to themselves is listening to that shit and they can't relate to the rapper, they are not gonna listen to it, i know i'd throw the tape in the trash, and its not the fact that if "they live with nice chains and fancy cars then they rap about it bkahsdsdg" that ticks me off, its the fact that they are so fucking unoriginal and washed down... Even if they are rapping and real things, that bling bling shit has bin played out and blew the fuck out of since it came out. "i got big dallaz rollin gold plated impallaz, we is some fuckin bling bling ballaz" , shit like that man, its wack... thats my whole point, how are they contributing to the culture by doing that? they are suckin there labels dick
for money, everything now is about money, im not saying its a bad thing, its good to get paid for something you like to do, but these rappers are taking it too far.

if it wasn't for Eazy E gangsta rap wouldn't be as big as it is now, better yet, it wouldn't be here? is that what you basically just said? because i've heard that in this thread a million times over allready, i never said I don't respect eazy e, i do respect him, were not talking about that shit anymore, thought i'd let ya know that, im talking about the roots of hiphop because someone here thinks its "bullshit"

Stop ignoring my points, if reggae/ska was never goin on, hiphop wouldn't be here, if hiphop was never formed from reggae, then it would not be here, including Eazy E and the rest of NWA, and every rap artist on this earth. its not like that real old school hiphop ish just all of a sudden got popular when Eazy E stepped on the scene with NWA, the gangster Rap did.. you have talked about that allready, i know that, im sayin hiphop was allways here, since the late 70's and early 80's (duhh) , its not like Eazy E blew it all up and gave every rap artist on the face of this earth fame and a time to shine, he supported his fam and gangster rap and brought it to where it was today, we went over that, and i respect him for that, but the hiphop that was born when NWA was in there diapers, some of the same rappers today, from all the way back then have been putting in work their whole lives, for hiphop.. and this guy is calling it "bullshit", I respect the origins of hiphop more than anything, and if anyone doesn't understand that and respect that, then they don't even diserve to enjoy the vibe of hiphop & urban music, because without the origins, none of this would be here, this forum woiuldn't be here, thats why i said respect it or shut ya mouth, because the truth is there.. its been there since the late 70's , well, just don't act like gangster rap is the only big thing alive, i love certain types of that genre, but reggae and the real old school hiphop since way back has allways been 100% related to the culture, it formed the culture, it was there before gangster rap and all this wack commercial crap... therefore i respect that more. feel me?

have you ever heard the song by "common" called "I used to love her" , go check it out

pz

Jun 2, 2002
www.myspace.com
ManOfBeer2K2 said:
^^^true its not real to us...cuz we dont live that life...but its real to most of them...cuz they live that...merely my point
I understand that, but the people listening have to beale to relate to it, the artist should be rapping about shit they go through that real life mother fuckers can relate to, like being broke a mofo, etc instead they rap about shit that labels flash in there face and they sell albums to lil dumb rich white kids in america suburbia and get rich, then they flop a couple years later, only people i see still onlock with that crap is No limit, but they have paid there dues, these fake bling rappers that popout of no where need to be slapped, and the whole other genre, this fabulous & p-diddy shit, boy thats gettin on my nerves, they are fake, every song sounds the same.... blah, man i love steamin off my shit, imma go hit the punchin bag.

Apr 25, 2002
Houston
Mr. Samos, you're not getting what we are all saying. Eazy-E pretty much started gangsta rap mainstream. He (and NWA) were like the first big artists on the west coast. The west coast rap game got put on the map by Eazy-E. That's what we are trying to say. All that shit you're mentioning is east coast hip hop, but we're on a west coast rap topic here. Feel me?

Jun 2, 2002
www.myspace.com
AdolfOliverBush said:
Mr. Samos, you're not getting what we are all saying. Eazy-E pretty much started gangsta rap mainstream. He (and NWA) were like the first big artists on the west coast. The west coast rap game got put on the map by Eazy-E. That's what we are trying to say. All that shit you're mentioning is east coast hip hop, but we're on a west coast rap topic here. Feel me?
No shit, we went over that like 20 times man, fuck.

Im talking about hiphop in general man, And i was direction it at AOD cause he seems to think hiphop is "bullshit" . Oh well, some mofo's just too ignorant to respec that shit.

peace

Apr 25, 2002
Houston
Mr. Samos said:

No shit, we went over that like 20 times man, fuck.

Im talking about hiphop in general man, And i was direction it at AOD cause he seems to think hiphop is "bullshit" . Oh well, some mofo's just too ignorant to respec that shit.

peace
Read what I said again. WE, as in a collective group of the majority of us on this thread, are talking about west coast gangsta rap and it's origins. You are the only one talking about "real hip hop" in general. Damn, it's no wonder muthaphukkas coming out of high school nowadays are dumb as fuck.

Jose

Sicc OG
Jun 4, 2002
what was so gangster about eazy-e? suge forced him to release dr. dre and d.o.c. from their contracts and eazy-e later sued saying he signed under duress. he befriended one of the cops who beat down rodney king, and had dinner with president bush. if it hadnt been for BONE ruthless would have gone under.

and thats some funny shit with the eazy/2pac comparison...how the fuck can eazy fuck with any of pacs songs? eazy didnt even write his own shit, eazy was an average rapper at best.

And why would 2pac waste time dissing 51.50? its well known that ryan d was a snitch who ratted out all his homies, he even admitted it on 2 cds. and kill kill...have no idea who that is.

May 1, 2002
www.wckillaz.com
Damn, this topic is heated. I think if Eazy was still aruond, he'd be considered onea the cornerstones of popular westcoast music, like Dre, Snoop, Cube, Quik are. He'd still be doin about the same type of music, but he wouldn't be beefin with everybody. Eazy didn't like to beef, that Dre stuff was rare, they would have squashed that by 97 or so.

Peace~

Apr 25, 2002
www.dubcnn.com
Jose said:

And why would 2pac waste time dissing 51.50? its well known that ryan d was a snitch who ratted out all his homies, he even admitted it on 2 cds. and kill kill...have no idea who that is.
people paint pac as this hardcore "i dont give a fuck ill diss anyone" type of rapper...well he got dissed...he got dissed by people who could touch him...people who knew where he stayed or where his homies kicked it...and he didnt speak...thats bitch shit...plus he got ripped up by Chino XL and all he could say was "Chino XL fuck u too"...yea some diss....true Eazy wasnt this super gangster...but at least he repped the real...he didnt get hoed for claimin 4 or 5 different areas like pac