I need some advice...

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 8, 2004
i been at this job for like 5 years and im kinda tired of it.. shit is all unorganized, theres favoritism, lacc of communication, etc.. its all fucced up. the reason why i havent left is because its a guareented work, plus i get paid the same amount each checc... theres too many problems here though and im seriously gonna lose my cool, end up gettin fired or hurting somebody. im thinking about leaving... probably next year, give me sometime to save some money and pay off some bills...they are talking about giving me a promotion and ill be making like an extra $500...thats alot $$$ on top of what im already making, if i leave its like ill have to find another job and work my way up... ill pretty much have to hustlin until i find work, feel me?

Dana Dane

RIP Vallejo Kid
May 3, 2002
LMAO @ Musty!!

To me, it all depends on the job....if you are a skilled employee, then any move you make should be a lateral move...meaning, you should walk into a new job at exactly the same level you were at when you left the last job. If you are a manager at McDonald's, Burger King shouldn't hire you as a fry guy, they should make you a manager too!

Cheaptimes

C'mon now...
Jan 3, 2005
www.twitter.com
You gotta decide which is more important:
A) A job with a steady check where nothing really fits and everything is upside down and streesin you out. or...
B) Finding another job (for prob. less cash) that is the opposite of the above

Apr 8, 2004
Da6Footah said:
To me, it all depends on the job....if you are a skilled employee, then any move you make should be a lateral move...meaning, you should walk into a new job at exactly the same level you were at when you left the last job.
this is true, but the only thing is, the type of work that im in if i left id most likely be taking a pay cut..i have a government job so if i left ill be pretty much going bacc to the civilian sector...im not in the military but i work with their aircraft, aviation administration...but like melotrauma said i shouldnt quit until i find one that pays more or equal too cause its not a guarentee that i enter at the same level as my next job...these jobs in my work field are hard to find too.

thanks for the advice tho yall, lol musty

Ry

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
  • Ry

Ry

I say dont stay at a place where you're not happy. People spend more time at thier jobs then they do with thier family. How are ya gonna spend more time being miserable in life then happy? Find something you will enjoy and leave that other job. Sometimes happiness is more important then money.

Dec 11, 2002
MR RY said:
I say dont stay at a place where you're not happy. People spend more time at thier jobs then they do with thier family. How are ya gonna spend more time being miserable in life then happy? Find something you will enjoy and leave that other job. Sometimes happiness is more important then money.

I feel you on this here-- most of us definately spend more time at work than at home.. but if he has a family to support or real bills to pay, money will a huge factor in his decision making, money isnt everything but going without it will only cause more problems..
I'd have to say-- do what you have to do at your current place of employment to get paid and keep it movin'.. but keep looking for another job that you feel you will be happier at that pays close to the same amount or has room for advancement... good luck.. :)

Feb 9, 2003
Contagious Locc said:
these jobs in my work field are hard to find too.
Don't listen to these people. Aviation related jobs are not happening. The market isn't in the demand it used to be. If I were you I'd stick it our or you'll be lucky if you find anything.