i gave up drinking

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

x-loc

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
well last monday i went to the doctors from back pain...as yall know im a big drinker.....well to find out my liver was swollen im only 24...ive been drinking for 6 yrs..every single day.....spending about 500 a month on alcohol..i was bad to the point where i was blacking out.....i have been sober for 1 week exzactly today....and i swear i thought it was going to be hard.....already i notice that i been sleeping better im not bloated....im lucky the dr said that scarring didnt start yet of the liver he told me to slow down....but im giving up dranking for good....im not riding my bike to work every day 8 miles round trip and ive been eating better for a month......i know its only a week but the week is going to turn into a month and a month is going to turn into 6 months to a yr......for anyone on here that resorts to drinking everyday....fuck that shit it aint worth it

Dec 30, 2003
well last monday i went to the doctors from back pain...as yall know im a big drinker.....well to find out my liver was swollen im only 24...ive been drinking for 6 yrs..every single day.....spending about 500 a month on alcohol..i was bad to the point where i was blacking out.....i have been sober for 1 week exzactly today....and i swear i thought it was going to be hard.....already i notice that i been sleeping better im not bloated....im lucky the dr said that scarring didnt start yet of the liver he told me to slow down....but im giving up dranking for good....im not riding my bike to work every day 8 miles round trip and ive been eating better for a month......i know its only a week but the week is going to turn into a month and a month is going to turn into 6 months to a yr......for anyone on here that resorts to drinking everyday....fuck that shit it aint worth it
good shit bro.... i drank 4 times this whole year.... 3 of which were in vegas... year before i was doin it a lot... almost every weekend... gave up fast food and alcohol... 24 seems to be the year we start to get old LOL

Jun 9, 2007
yup I was spendin about $200-$300 a month at my height... stopped as soon as I found out I had a daughter on the way, only drank occasionally since then (like twice a year on vacation, that's it). It's not hard if you want it... same thing with smoking. People blow that shit outta proportion and make it seem like the end of the world tryin to quit... it's not. Just fuckin do it.

Jun 2, 2002
the liver can regenerate...so better to have liver problems than kidney problems

how much were you drinking?? cuz i drink damn near every day too...but usually only 1-3 beers a day. then one or two nights a week i hit the bars or a club and i get smashed. i don't feel like i drink that much compared to hardcore drinkers, but i just don't wanna be doing any bodily harm...

if quitting is what you wanna do, then good luck fam

MysticOracle

si vis pacem para bellum
May 4, 2006
707- VALLEJO
the liver can regenerate...so better to have liver problems than kidney problems

how much were you drinking?? cuz i drink damn near every day too...but usually only 1-3 beers a day. then one or two nights a week i hit the bars or a club and i get smashed. i don't feel like i drink that much compared to hardcore drinkers, but i just don't wanna be doing any bodily harm...

if quitting is what you wanna do, then good luck fam
the liver can heal itself...but not 100% and not if you continue to do something

and i dont consider 1-3 beers a day "drinking"

doctors say that 1-2 beers a day is ok even good for you, or a glass of wine

if you drink your causing harm to your body, theres no way around it

500 a month on booze is just over the top and ridiculous...1 week though impressive to you is nothing...not even sure you have had your withdraw yet...nobody shaking 500 a month for years and years of drinking in a week...let me know in 6 months or so

you kids calling 24 old lol....wait til you hit 28..i'll be 29 in march...

May 16, 2002
Then what's wrong with speeding up the process, get smashed daily and be at our healthiest? Drink a beer first thing in the morning and when your family members or friends talk shit to you, tell them it's corn flakes in a can! :cheeky:

Seriously speaking though, I'm a big ol' pussu when it comes to hangovers so I don't drink like that, but I do like to social drink and catch a good buzz (that's it.)

Sydal

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
www.idealsentertainment.com
yup I was spendin about $200-$300 a month at my height... stopped as soon as I found out I had a daughter on the way, only drank occasionally since then (like twice a year on vacation, that's it). It's not hard if you want it... same thing with smoking. People blow that shit outta proportion and make it seem like the end of the world tryin to quit... it's not. Just fuckin do it.
Hold up, I agree with the drinking...but cigarettes are more addictive than heroin. Trying to quit can spin you into a serious depression if you're not ready for it. Probably the most addictive shit on the planet (because of all the additives).

Aug 14, 2005
drinking was the first thing i gave up. right now im clean of all opiates including heron. ive been sober for 8 months give or take. you too can do it x loc!

Sydal

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
www.idealsentertainment.com
the liver can heal itself...but not 100% and not if you continue to do something

and i dont consider 1-3 beers a day "drinking"

if you drink your causing harm to your body, theres no way around it

500 a month on booze is just over the top and ridiculous...1 week though impressive to you is nothing...not even sure you have had your withdraw yet...nobody shaking 500 a month for years and years of drinking in a week...let me know in 6 months or so

you kids calling 24 old lol....wait til you hit 28..i'll be 29 in march...
Real habla right there. I'll be 29 in April...and the difference between 24 and 28/29 is fuckin' ridiculous, both mentally and physically. When I was 24 and 25 I was still gettin' fucked up, pulling all nighters, and functioning normally. Now, if I get to bed after 10 or 11, my next day is completely fucked....especially if I've had a few drinks.

I can't even really drink like that anymore because I hate being fuckin' EXHAUSTED during the day.

Sep 23, 2010
N. Highlands
im still young and i drink a good bit. used to drink like a fish until i hit about 19 now i slowed down a lil bit so it wont interfere with school and what not. my pops is dyin from drinkin damn near a 5th of popov a day and my older brother whos about 24 or 25 fucced his liver up from drinkin so much. so yeah you gotta be careful with that ish