Hyphy movement makin the Bay look baaaad!!!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 6, 2004
keak can do it, fab can do it, the team is kool, 40 is dope.
san quinn hmm. even wit his new 1 i still say he's not really doing that much hyphy muzik

n there hella catz out there who aint
half em songs on em thizz nations cds aint rappin "hyphy style" or have "hyphy beats". but they aint gettin no luv

n just cuz a song has thizz or some shit in the title dont mean its wacked - dont judge a book by itz cover.

n NY goyz plenty of lame muzik n the south shit half of it has jsut as krazy or lame beats n raqp about the same shit ova n ova again too.

Apr 6, 2004
all i know is i what sicc lyrics n bangin beats
i like story lines too not just random shit n unless its like what seems random actually be sayin something; that;s why MD wuz sicc cuz he had something 2 say.
I'd still love some ol skool Pac though ne day of the week

Sep 17, 2006
Why do you idiots keep bringing up "Chicken Noodle Soup"? It was ONE SONG by a group of TEENAGE rappers.

The Bay has grown ass men dancing around like faggots, jumping on cars and what not, that's the difference. Please don't ebarass NY by comparing it to the Bay.

Dec 13, 2006
so u gotta be a faggot to dance? what niggas gotta walk around muggin and shit name some grown ass men whos rap career is based off jumping on cars

Jan 20, 2006
threefoe said:
I just got back from the road wit some warner artist and the trip has left me wit a bad taste in my mouth. I was previously in denial about how the rest of the country really felt about the whole hyphy movement but the denial is no more. The consensus from pretty much ny to the south and damn near everywhere else besides cali is that the whole hyphy shit is a joke. 100

Why dont u expose these "Warner Artists"? That way we know who's fakin' tha love for the bay when they come to town. Why should you only take the heat for this thread? throw those who made u feel like shit into the fire!

Oct 31, 2003
Black Reign said:
Why dont u expose these "Warner Artists"? That way we know who's fakin' tha love for the bay when they come to town. Why should you only take the heat for this thread? throw those who made u feel like shit into the fire!
Who they are isn't the point- what they said throughout the rest of the country is. Hyphy was doomed from the start. Most people don't like seeing a bunch of dirty niggas with dreads on pills dance around on top of fancy buckets on 22's. Most women (the people that buy albums) don't want to put 40, Keak and FAB posters on they wall. Most niggas care to much about they car that they put time and money into to hop out of it and "ghost ride it". Not only has the music been redundant for about THREE YEARS NOW...It is a bad look for black people in general. The shit will set the Bay back another decade, because with all of the talent we have out here they (radio, media and some artist) made the choice to shine the spot light on what...Artist that made you say Shabopalaboopi? Artist that made you go dumb? Artist that when they got into interviews showed that not only did they go dumb, but they were dumb aswell? There is still good music out here, but sadly nobody gets to hear it but us.

Dec 12, 2006
Mane to the rest of the USA the Bay Area are the loonies of the country think about it

U aint frum the bay good luck tryin to understand it, 80 percent of america probably dont even know what a flipino is or good trees how can u explain the culture to them? Hyphy movement was not the best look i feel that

Sep 17, 2006
YungGung said:
so u gotta be a faggot to dance? what niggas gotta walk around muggin and shit name some grown ass men whos rap career is based off jumping on cars
They is always someone dancing on a car in those videos.

And you dont have to be a faggot to dance, but "hyphy" or "thizz" styled dances are G-A-Y as fuck, either they look like they are having a seizure, or dancing too close to another dude. That's some faggot shit, and thats what the rest of the country sees/thinks as well.

Sep 17, 2006
SFC I-Side said:
Mane to the rest of the USA the Bay Area are the loonies of the country think about it

U aint frum the bay good luck tryin to understand it, 80 percent of america probably dont even know what a flipino is or good trees how can u explain the culture to them? Hyphy movement was not the best look i feel that
People do understand it, they just think it's stupid. Good trees? Every city has good weed and I hope to god your not trying to spell Filipino.

Jun 4, 2004
Imonone said:
They is always someone dancing on a car in those videos.

And you dont have to be a faggot to dance, but "hyphy" or "thizz" styled dances are G-A-Y as fuck, either they look like they are having a seizure, or dancing too close to another dude. That's some faggot shit, and thats what the rest of the country sees/thinks as well.
i wouldnt call it faggot shit, more like some ignorant ass shit to me, what is even more funny is that ignorant can be a good thing to us (go dumb) LMAO, dancin around movin cars that look like shit with cheap big rims is stupid as hell, im surprised i havent heard of a concussion story from dread shaking so much, as of right now the bay is not original at all, i hear and see the same shit all the time

Nov 13, 2004
WUT IS IT said:
i wouldnt call it faggot shit, more like some ignorant ass shit to me, what is even more funny is that ignorant can be a good thing to us (go dumb) LMAO, dancin around movin cars that look like shit with cheap big rims is stupid as hell, im surprised i havent heard of a concussion story from dread shaking so much, as of right now the bay is not original at all, i hear and see the same shit all the time
LOL...that nigga said concussion....

Sep 17, 2006
WUT IS IT said:
Well I remember the UGA 1 DVD and that dance Mac Dre was doing...everybody who watched it with me asked if he was gay.

Plus in the O.G. "Super Hyphy" and "18 Dummy" they are jumping on each other backs and what not. That's the faggot shit I was talking about.

Jun 4, 2004
Imonone said:
Well I remember the UGA 1 DVD and that dance Mac Dre was doing...everybody who watched it with me asked if he was gay.

Plus in the O.G. "Super Hyphy" and "18 Dummy" they are jumping on each other backs and what not. That's the faggot shit I was talking about.
doing the bird and dancing like your a puppet on Team America isnt tight at all, i don't even know why thats even called giggin, most of the "bay moves" as far as dancing don't even look like a dance

Sep 17, 2006
WUT IS IT said:
doing the bird and dancing like your a puppet on Team America isnt tight at all, i don't even know why thats even called giggin, most of the "bay moves" as far as dancing don't even look like a dance
Well Dre was the ONLY one who pulled it off well, the problem is that after he passed, it became everyone's persona. Bay heads want us to take them seriously, but after seeing grown men doing it, how the fuck can we?

Jun 4, 2004
Imonone said:
Well Dre was the ONLY one who pulled it off well, the problem is that after he passed, it became everyone's persona. Bay heads want us to take them seriously, but after seeing grown men doing it, how the fuck can we?
your right since he started that whole thizz dance, but like the saying goes, your not popular untill your shot or dead

Feb 16, 2007
I just got back from the road wit some warner artist and the trip has left me wit a bad taste in my mouth. I was previously in denial about how the rest of the country really felt about the whole hyphy movement but the denial is no more. The consensus from pretty much ny to the south and damn near everywhere else besides cali is that the whole hyphy shit is a joke. Even with the success of e40 the rest of the country views hyphy as corny and lame. From the beats to some of the slang they was straight clownin. At first I tried to defend our shit but at times found myself unable to. When I asked why some felt the way they do the number one thing they said was all the beats sound like arcade games and all the songs titles have go this, stupid, dumb, thizz, that etc... and they think this is all we are about. They especially clowned all the shabobalaboopi and yellow bus rydah shit. At first i thought they was just hatin but then when I sat back and thought about it some of the shit they was sayin was right. It seems that nowadays the only thing the bay has to offer is the hyphy music. And to me the hyphy shit is gettin worse and worse by the minute. I know we have more to offer than just hyphy but the rest of the country doesn't know that since all they see or hear is hyphy.

Dont get me wrong Im born and raised in the bay and I love it but for the last few years I aint been feelin the direction of hip hop in the bay. IMO we have severely over saturated any and every aspect of our culture and its slowly destroyin it. Believe it or not the industry has already written off the whole hyphy movement but not the bay in general. We still have listeners out there but they looking for some versatility. I hope we don't find ourselves in another late 90" fumble again and step up and make good music instead of over saturating and recylin the same shit. Just my two cents. Take if how you want. 100
glad u finally realized this, if cats opened they eyes they'd realize how gay they actin with this hyphy shit, this whole hyphy shit been taken outta context anyway, this shit just turnt gay, this wuzn't even how original hyphy wuz intended, tha commercialization of hyphy fuced thangs up in my opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.