Hyphy movement makin the Bay look baaaad!!!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 17, 2006
And all of you comparing hyphy to "Chicken Noodle Soup", that was one song made by a group of high school aged kids. Not as bad as men damn near in there 30's dancing around like a bunch of fags.

Sep 17, 2006
tone650 said:
LOL rap was cool til it got commercialized you got this dude who shot himself by accident been rich since he was 12 and he got the nerve to say he the best rapper niggas like that is fuk'n up rap if the nigga went broke tomorrow he'd have nothin to talk about I don't dig the hyfey shit either but it's damn sure better then lil....
My nigga, I guaren-fuckin-tee that Weezy would rip each and every Bay area rapper a new asshole no homo.

Jan 1, 2006
Imonone said:
Seiously, when have you ever heard jewels being dropped on a hyphy track? Never, this is why Federation and Fab will not release albums on a major label ever unfortunatley.
Mistah F.A.B. is signed to Virgin Records he's gonna have the Baydestrian drop this year.

Handz

Sicc OG
Jan 28, 2006
Who cares what the rest of the Country thinks. This is the Bay we really are Hyphy. We don't need the East or the South we support our own. Hyphy opened doors for many Bay artist and it's going to evolve and If we don't get national attention f&ck it, we've always been hated on.

Sep 17, 2006
The Baydestrian is droppin on an indy label, not Atlantic. Atlantic is supposed to drop Yellow Bus Rydah, but it will never be released.

I dunno where u got Virgin from?

Sep 17, 2006
Handz said:
Who cares what the rest of the Country thinks. This is the Bay we really are Hyphy. We don't need the East or the South we support our own. Hyphy opened doors for many Bay artist and it's going to evolve and If we don't get national attention f&ck it, we've always been hated on.
If you want to see your artists be successful, and be able to continue putting out the music you like, you NEED to have the rest of the country liking it too. The Bay is too small to do it buy yourselves, and the low LOW record sales prove that most Bay rap fans download anyways.

Jan 1, 2006
Imonone said:
The Baydestrian is droppin on an indy label, not Atlantic. Atlantic is supposed to drop Yellow Bus Rydah, but it will never be released.

I dunno where u got Virgin from?
I think I got it flipped... was it Virgin that attacked F.A.B. for using the Ghost Busters song?

Sep 17, 2006
The Visualizer said:
I think I got it flipped... was it Virgin that attacked F.A.B. for using the Ghost Busters song?
I believe you are probably correct, Virgin may be the owners of "ghostbusters" but I though that was Universal.

Nov 1, 2004
Ask them what they liked before hyphy... guess what they'll say? NOTHING. Now they got our name in their mouth and have something to hate about, let them hate. WHO GIVES A FUCK WHAT THEY THINK? Ask them what hyphy songs have they heard, how many can they name? Hell how many artists can they name? Probably E40, whos cd wasnt even "HYPHY."

They're hating because they think we can take over with it. Would you want people taking money out of your pocket? If you're in the business and someone asks you about something you're not doing, are you going to pump it up so it can replace you? They talk shit to the a&r's too im sure. But indy LABELS need to learn how to only push good shit thats diverse and not just 100% hyphy... follow the "(dont be) thizz movement."

Jan 30, 2006
The Visualizer said:
Mac Dre was the only one who could pass doing the go stupid, go dumb style... everyone else just stop. Seriously you're making yourself look stupid and you're bringing the Bay down.

I can see how other sections of the nation are like damn the bay thinks it's cool to act retarded?

We have a style that's unique but we shouldn't hop the bandwagon. Same goes for all aspiring artist thinking doing the trend will get you sales.
exactly how i feel

Jun 4, 2004
i dont understand, people been saying the bay needs to blow up again and blah blah, now that it has a small grain of salt of attention, everyone says "fuck what everyone else says, too many bandwagoners" that is what happens when things go nation wide, i think the bay is confused, one says "hyphy is making us popular" other says "bring back the mob shit" you guys are too focused on bay rap, extend your brain, the bay isnt the only place making rap music

man who really gives a fuck about what another muthafuckin city state or region fells shit niggas ova here dont really like east coast music so what yall nigga kill me how yall wanna talk down on so much shit just relax and enjoy tha ride if it wasnt 4 hyphy niggas would be gettin looked at for deals and niggas wouldnt had been on mtv my block

Feb 12, 2006
WUT IS IT said:
i dont understand, people been saying the bay needs to blow up again and blah blah, now that it has a small grain of salt of attention, everyone says "fuck what everyone else says, too many bandwagoners" that is what happens when things go nation wide, i think the bay is confused, one says "hyphy is making us popular" other says "bring back the mob shit" you guys are too focused on bay rap, extend your brain, the bay isnt the only place making rap music
for real - go buy a brother ali cd

Feb 18, 2006
hyphy makes the bay look bad to everybuddy else but no matter what the bay do , east coast and the south never going to give the respect the bay deserves.

Sep 8, 2005
threefoe said:
I just got back from the road wit some warner artist and the trip has left me wit a bad taste in my mouth. I was previously in denial about how the rest of the country really felt about the whole hyphy movement but the denial is no more. The consensus from pretty much ny to the south and damn near everywhere else besides cali is that the whole hyphy shit is a joke. Even with the success of e40 the rest of the country views hyphy as corny and lame. From the beats to some of the slang they was straight clownin. At first I tried to defend our shit but at times found myself unable to. When I asked why some felt the way they do the number one thing they said was all the beats sound like arcade games and all the songs titles have go this, stupid, dumb, thizz, that etc... and they think this is all we are about. They especially clowned all the shabobalaboopi and yellow bus rydah shit. At first i thought they was just hatin but then when I sat back and thought about it some of the shit they was sayin was right. It seems that nowadays the only thing the bay has to offer is the hyphy music. And to me the hyphy shit is gettin worse and worse by the minute. I know we have more to offer than just hyphy but the rest of the country doesn't know that since all they see or hear is hyphy.

Dont get me wrong Im born and raised in the bay and I love it but for the last few years I aint been feelin the direction of hip hop in the bay. IMO we have severely over saturated any and every aspect of our culture and its slowly destroyin it. Believe it or not the industry has already written off the whole hyphy movement but not the bay in general. We still have listeners out there but they looking for some versatility. I hope we don't find ourselves in another late 90" fumble again and step up and make good music instead of over saturating and recylin the same shit. Just my two cents. Take if how you want. 100
who the fuck r u anyway

Oct 19, 2004
hitsquad said:
who the fuck r u anyway
Someone statin my opinion who gon continue to as long as I feel like it. Who the fuck are you?

If you read the post you would see that i'm not hatin at all. I simply stated my opinion and feedback I got from others while bein on the road. I love bay music and culture and always will so dont ever get that twisted. That dont mean I gotta like everything about it and at this point im not feelin the hyphy shit at all. Fuck a hyphy movement im about a BAY MOVEMENT!!! 100

Status
Not open for further replies.