HYPHY AINT DEAD!!!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 16, 2006
its funny how some people act like hyphy is some tight shit that folks from other regions would try to imitate.The fuck outta here with that, dont nobody else think acting like a retard and wearing gay ass clothes is cool but some people here in the bay. I saw a vid on youtube of that fool Nump hollerin "fuck LA" and acting like people in SoCal wanna rip off hyphy. He better hope no real mothafucka from LA hear his stupid ass say that shit , or he might get his melon squashed.

Nov 1, 2004
Fuck Hyphy,

This is a regress, a retrograde move for Bay Area rap. Rap exists in the Bay since day one, since the beginnings of westcoast gangsta rap in LA and even before that (Too Short, Sean T, 4-Tay, Chunk, Unda Dogg, Mac Dre, 415, Spice 1, I.M.P., E-40, The Mac, Paris, now need I say more?).

The Bay was/is known for that MOBB SHIT, The Bay put itself on the map and did it on its own, never needed LA or CPT to be recognized. The Bay was ALWAYS underground and deep as fuck. Even Pac loved the Bay and fucked with it. Wit the whole Bay!

There are so many classic albums outta Bay, even LA or CPT cant deny. Cant fuck wit it.
But Hyphy? Shit cant be taken seriously, I mean look at NY the have serious rap cats on some intellectual shit, look at LA, they had NWA, Ice-T, SCC, ATL, serious rap shit they had to say something.

But grown ass men who pop pills all day and jump on yellow busses?? Come on, this cant be taken seriously. Should this represent the Bay? After two decades of STRAIGHT MOBB SHIT to some white kid suburban music? FUCK blowin up wit that shit, the Bay should stay underground then.

Oct 19, 2004
The "hyphy sound" is dead and i dont care what anybody says cuz im in the industry (check the sig) so im speakin from the inside lookin out. Now the "hyphy culture" (which is just bay culture to me) has been here forever and will never change. I only have a problem with labeling our culture as "hyphy" because the media tends to box everything in the bay as that. Fact of the matter is that our way of life is and always has been "Bay culture" and nothin else. Hyphy is an aspect of our music and culture but in noway is it the sole element of it. I remember when cats used to be like 'oh thats bay shit", im a bay cat", or "bay this bay that". Nowadays its seems like everything has changed to hyphy this and hyphy that when in actuality its just BAY shit. We from the "BAY" and thats our culture. All that hyphy shit is coo for song titles or a track or two but in reality its a BAY MOVEMENT not a hyphy movement. Because contrary to what you mite think, the image of hyphy around the country is completely opposite of what the bay culture really is and thats a problem. 100

Apr 18, 2007
that shit was some oakland shit, and then a bunch of cats from around other parts of the bay hopped on so it spread to different cities in pockets, but im from san francisco born and raised my entire life and i was in high school during the time period of the supposed hyphy movement, and i was NEVER at all a part of it, and the only kids that "were", were know-nothing, just started listening to hip hop (or dont even listen to hip hop, only hyphy) bandwagon hopping spongebob backpack wearing, caffeine/meth pilled out SUCKAS. PERIOD.

Nov 5, 2005
Newark, CA
www.djgunjan.com
soooo... right now its lookin to me like most of you fools were just on a BANDWAGON instead of bein hyphy...

HYPHY IS A LIFESTYLE

and y'all was impersonatin huh? now someone says hyphy is dying and you're ALLL like YEA LET THAT SHIT DIE ITS STUPID ITS STUPID

fuck y'all... its either cuz y'all can't handle bein hyphy... or because you're all just some fukkin squares trynna follow whatever people seem to be sayin in order to be accepted...

PROBLY THE LATTER

All i know is that most of you guys claimin it was a FAD and its DYING are the ones who aint true to themselves! HYPHY SPEAKS TO ME... AND I ENJOY IT CUZ THATS HOW I LIKE TO ENJOY LIFE. WAKE UP AND DO WHAT YOU LIKE INSTEAD OF LISTENIN TO OTHER PEOPLE...

DON't LIE TO YOURSELF! U EVER CAUGHT YOURSELF GETTIN ALL HYPHY? DANCIN N GIGGIN AND GETTIN ALL THIS ENERGY FROM THAT MUSIC AND TRULY ENJOYING IT? EVEN ONCE? IF EVEN ONCE THEN JUST REMEMBER WHAT IT WAS TO YOU AND DON'T TRY TO GO AND SAY ITS STUPID/KILL IT WHEN YOU REALLY ARE JUST MAD BECAUSE THE SHIT AINT HELLLLA CRACKIN RIGHT NOW...

if we had QUALITY HYPHY releasin ALL THE TIME... NO ONE WOULD BE BULLSHITTIN RIGHT NOW "HYPHY IS DEAD"

like i said before "HYPHY IS ASLEEP -- IT AINT DEAD"
the bay is a volcano you beeeeeeezies. blown up but went to sleep again.

Pressure is buildin! just WATCH or you can expect whats comin and not get burned... you know we got REAL talent in here! stop bandwagoning and get your own opinion!

EDIT* WHAT WE NEED TO FUCKIN DO IS BAN WHACK SHIT. HYPHY AINT JUST FLAMBOYANCE AND STUPIDITY. Y'ALL FUCKIN KNOW TOO

"E-40 & FED GANG - GO HARD OR GO HOME"
"TURF TALK - I GOT CHIPS"
"TURF TALK - BRING THE BASE BACK"
"MISTAH FAB, E-40, TURFIE - SUPER SICC WID IT REMIX"
"THE TEAM - JUS GO"
"Turfie feat. FAB, Thunderbird - SICKER THAN YA AVERAGE"
"E-40 feat TURF TALK - THIS GOES OUT"
"FEDERATION - HYPHY (REMIX)"

HYPHY IS WHACK? THIS IS HYPHY! GET OFF THE BANDWAGON BITCHES! LETS BRING BACK THE HEAT!

NIGGAS NEED TO STOP SLEEPIN AND GET BACK IN THE STUDIO!

IT MIGHT BE FUCKIN BETTER THO... IF DUDES FUCKIN STARTED REPPIN THE BAY HARDER INSTEAD OF REPPIN THE GENRE. BECAUSE YOU REP THE GENRE AND YOU'RE PLACED INTO THE CATEGORY and ARCHIVED LIKE A BITCH

THIS IS THE BAY. WE LISTEN TO BAY AREA MUSIC. THIS IS BAY SHIT ALL DAY. NO MATTER WHAT THE SOUND IS. MOB, HYPHY, WHATEVER

THATS BAY AREA MUSIC, DON'T DUMB IT DOWN TO ONE DEFINITION "OH ITS HYPHY? OH ITS MOB??" DON'T GET IT TWISTED! WE ARE DIVERSE PEOPLE... STOP KNOCKIN THE DIVERSITY ALL YOU HYPHY HATERS... DO YOU SEE US SAYING "FUCK THE MOB MOVEMENT?" WHAT THE FUCK Y'ALL? BE PROUD OF THE HEAT WE BRING... YOU CAN KNOCK THE BULLSHIT NO PROBLEM! BUT BE PROUD WHEN WE BRING IT AND WE GO HARD!

"GAME RECOGNIZE GAME"

Nov 21, 2007
soooo... right now its lookin to me like most of you fools were just on a BANDWAGON instead of bein hyphy...

HYPHY IS A LIFESTYLE

and y'all was impersonatin huh? now someone says hyphy is dying and you're ALLL like YEA LET THAT SHIT DIE ITS STUPID ITS STUPID

fuck y'all... its either cuz y'all can't handle bein hyphy... or because you're all just some fukkin squares trynna follow whatever people seem to be sayin in order to be accepted...

PROBLY THE LATTER

All i know is that most of you guys claimin it was a FAD and its DYING are the ones who aint true to themselves! HYPHY SPEAKS TO ME... AND I ENJOY IT CUZ THATS HOW I LIKE TO ENJOY LIFE. WAKE UP AND DO WHAT YOU LIKE INSTEAD OF LISTENIN TO OTHER PEOPLE...

DON't LIE TO YOURSELF! U EVER CAUGHT YOURSELF GETTIN ALL HYPHY? DANCIN N GIGGIN AND GETTIN ALL THIS ENERGY FROM THAT MUSIC AND TRULY ENJOYING IT? EVEN ONCE? IF EVEN ONCE THEN JUST REMEMBER WHAT IT WAS TO YOU AND DON'T TRY TO GO AND SAY ITS STUPID/KILL IT WHEN YOU REALLY ARE JUST MAD BECAUSE THE SHIT AINT HELLLLA CRACKIN RIGHT NOW...

if we had QUALITY HYPHY releasin ALL THE TIME... NO ONE WOULD BE BULLSHITTIN RIGHT NOW "HYPHY IS DEAD"

like i said before "HYPHY IS ASLEEP -- IT AINT DEAD"
the bay is a volcano you beeeeeeezies. blown up but went to sleep again.

Pressure is buildin! just WATCH or you can expect whats comin and not get burned... you know we got REAL talent in here! stop bandwagoning and get your own opinion!

EDIT* WHAT WE NEED TO FUCKIN DO IS BAN WHACK SHIT. HYPHY AINT JUST FLAMBOYANCE AND STUPIDITY. Y'ALL FUCKIN KNOW TOO

"E-40 & FED GANG - GO HARD OR GO HOME"
"TURF TALK - I GOT CHIPS"
"TURF TALK - BRING THE BASE BACK"
"MISTAH FAB, E-40, TURFIE - SUPER SICC WID IT REMIX"
"THE TEAM - JUS GO"
"Turfie feat. FAB, Thunderbird - SICKER THAN YA AVERAGE"
"E-40 feat TURF TALK - THIS GOES OUT"
"FEDERATION - HYPHY (REMIX)"

HYPHY IS WHACK? THIS IS HYPHY! GET OFF THE BANDWAGON BITCHES! LETS BRING BACK THE HEAT!

NIGGAS NEED TO STOP SLEEPIN AND GET BACK IN THE STUDIO!

IT MIGHT BE FUCKIN BETTER THO... IF DUDES FUCKIN STARTED REPPIN THE BAY HARDER INSTEAD OF REPPIN THE GENRE. BECAUSE YOU REP THE GENRE AND YOU'RE PLACED INTO THE CATEGORY and ARCHIVED LIKE A BITCH

THIS IS THE BAY. WE LISTEN TO BAY AREA MUSIC. THIS IS BAY SHIT ALL DAY. NO MATTER WHAT THE SOUND IS. MOB, HYPHY, WHATEVER

THATS BAY AREA MUSIC, DON'T DUMB IT DOWN TO ONE DEFINITION "OH ITS HYPHY? OH ITS MOB??" DON'T GET IT TWISTED! WE ARE DIVERSE PEOPLE... STOP KNOCKIN THE DIVERSITY ALL YOU HYPHY HATERS... DO YOU SEE US SAYING "FUCK THE MOB MOVEMENT?" WHAT THE FUCK Y'ALL? BE PROUD OF THE HEAT WE BRING... YOU CAN KNOCK THE BULLSHIT NO PROBLEM! BUT BE PROUD WHEN WE BRING IT AND WE GO HARD!

"GAME RECOGNIZE GAME"

First and foremost, bobbin your head to some music or smashin fast while the track is playin is what HYPHY tried to co-op itself with. So doin that shit don't make you hyphy. Its simply the bay version of crunk. I agree with you about the categorizing, cuz once you cuddle up next to a bandwagon your not gonna really make it any further in any other kind of style. Hyphy died, yes dead, because of too many muthafuckas watering down the airwaves on some monotone single minded robot shit about the same muthafuckin things and not having any worth while message in the content of their lyrics. Hyphy killed itself when it was first called a movement because you can't have a movement of something so narrow (goin stupid, giggin etc) and expect for everybody to spit some orginial lyrics to it at the same time.

Dec 8, 2002
www.myspace.com
Damn!!!!! I sat hear reading every post on this thread...big up to ya Mr Ceza for posting this, and Big Ups to DJ PlayaHhH for good and real readings......

it amazes me when I read folks from tha Bay Knock "Hyhpy" WOW!!! I know that we all have the right to say what ever we want, but damn alot of people are knocking it and have no idea what Hyphy has done for tha Bay, I came up (high school) in the era of MOBB MUZIK, tha bay was settin treands then, and when this "Hyphy: came out it even set it off for the bay even more, we in the Bay dont realize what we have done....for an example

.....I now live in EL Paso Texas, station at FT Bliss, and on the radio stations (power 102, and 104.3 (clearchannel) down there dedicate a day and time for "Hyphy tuesdays" being from the Bay born in Oakland and raised in vallejo im sitting back like DAMN!!! are you serious? are we tha bay getting props like that??? from 5 to 10pm on thuesdays that all you hear, all Bay! and being in texas them folks is really feelin it, radio dj's talkin on the AIR sayin YADidaMEAN!!!!! thats make me proud!!!! meet a broad in the club talkin about YadidaMEAN!!!! asked her were she from, she said CHICAGO!!!! DAMN tha Bay has IMPACT of people!!!!!!.......got another on for ya...a club in EL paso has what they call......."Hyphy thursday's" were all they play is BAY!!!!! its crazy to me cuz i see kats in the club from every part of the U.S. giggin screamin from the top of they lungs...."YAY AREAAAAA, LIKE THAT!!!!, tell the people 40 water is BACK!!!!!" or...."WHEN YOU GETTA NEW CAR, and YOU FEELIN LIKE A STAR, WHAT YOU GONE DO....GHOASTRIDE IT.....and tha Bay Kats I roll wid sit back, watch everybody and be proud as FUCK, like DAMN we did it!!!!! alot of us Bay cats dont really see what this HYPHY...has done! I tell peoplez were Im from, they say ohhh....that hyphy movement huh??? weather we like it or not, people know about us from Hyphy!!!! period, if we dont like it, then its our loss, lets embrace that shit!!! Be proud, there aint no other place in this world i would rather REP then THE BAY!!!! hahaha I gotten hella PUSSY because I'm from the Bay, fools love us, so we should just shut tha fuck up and enjoy it what WE ALL HAVE.....and THATS BAY!!!!!!

is hyphy dead?......... how can you kill somethin that's been around before it had a name...hyphy was out when MOBB MUZIK was poppin off, just didnt have a name, think about that!!!!......... Hyphy may be dead to the so called FANs in the BAY but in other places......it lives!!!!!!!!!! And IM fuckin proud as fuck!!!!

ya boi

SOLDIER HARD

Jul 25, 2003
www.brazzers.com
Hyphy is something totally original, and the last chance Northern Cali has.
no its the last thing to be cool right now on the radio...Northern Cali has lots more to offer...because of dip shit statements like the one you just said is the reason why i cant stand the majority of hyphy shit..people think thats all we have to fucking offer but the bay was fine before hyphy and is gonna be fine after its said and done with...fuck outta here cuz northern cali got more in store in the future besides that

Sep 17, 2005
If Hyphy aint dead someone needs to shoot it twice in the head to make sure. I aint never heard nobody in TX listenin to that shit. El Paso don't count as part of TX that place might as well be New Mexico.

Nov 5, 2005
Newark, CA
www.djgunjan.com
yeaaaa RE-READ my post if you didn't understand it dudes...

Still HATIN? I Go Hard and You Go Home... simple as that.
All you dudes totin MOB THIS MOB THAT... and KILL HYPHY THIS SHOOT IT IN THE HEAD THAT... I'D LIKE TO SEE YOU SHUT YOUR FUKKIN MOUTH AND TRY AND KILL IT YOURSELF

CUZ YOUR BITCH ASS IS JUST LABELING YOURSELF AS A BANDWAGON-RIDIN PUNK

I CAN BET MONEY THAT MOST OF YOU FOOLS WOULDN'T HAVE THE FUCKIN BALLS TO SAY THAT BULLSHIT WHEN DUDES WAS DROPPIN GO-HARD HEAT LEFT AND RIGHT. CUZ

Y'ALL KNOW YOU'RE TYPICAL ASS DUDES TRYNNA REP THE BAY WITH A TYPICAL FUCKIN FEAR THAT SOMETHING ASSOCIATED WITH WHAT YOU CARE CARE ABOUT WILL FAIL!

SO YOU TRY TO SHUN IT OUT OF EXISTENCE?

the fakeness is sickening.

GO HARD OR GO HOME. but i bet you think someone doesn't approve of you goin hard... soooo you'll go home to whatever the fuck you love.

hate all you want... or you can stop bein fake and REP LIKE YOU SHOULD BE REPPIN.

ONCE AGAIN BITCHES! GAME RECOGNIZE GAME!

no-game don't recognize jack SHIT.