How much would you pay for a feature..?? how much should homeboys charge homeboys???

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Mar 17, 2010
i was bout to make a thread similar to this...nothing over 300$ n the verse gotta be someone who has a good size fan base cause you gotta think if your paying for a good homeboy feature they got to be able to help you get known from that 1 song they are spitting on..

Sep 17, 2007
i'd only pay for a verse if i knew for a fact that they gonna gas way harder than me on my own shit. If you got doper flows than me than i'll pay you.

Feb 7, 2011
I think homeboys and rappers in general should start establishing themselves on their own tip first by investing the time into making complete songs for their own solos instead of having 14 tracks and 30 features. Cuz at some point your solo is no longer your solo, its a fuckin compiliation lol..

I think once you get your name out there and people are diggin ur shit, its time to invest in a verse, the whole point of features is hearing how different styles flow and bounce to a tight instrumental, if nobody knows who you are yet they only gonna buy your shit for who you have on it, not you, and thanks to the internet, they jus gonna download the single instead anyway..

Jul 1, 2004
This subject is old and played out... First off no man can tell the next man what he should and shouldnt charge for a verse. If an artist thinks for what ever reason he should get $1,000 or $1,000,000 a verse then thats what he charges. Their aint no homeboy price cap...lol. If you dont think Tito B is worth $500 then dont get him on a track. Simple! If you get a feature on your album the whole point is to get that persons fan base. If you dont have a name and Tito B does then why shouldnt you pay? This game is not "FREE". iT COST TO FLOSS! any artist who has a name put in time, money and a whole lot of effort to get to where they are. Once you get to that level then you can charge too or even get free verses. What does Titto B get for being on your album? Homie love? lol You get to say you got Tito B on your album and he gets to spend his time recording for you.... Im just useing Tito B as an example but it goes for all rappers. Invest in yourself, invest in your own projects. Just cuzz you say your a "Homeboy" doesnt mean you get a free ride. Who gave Tito B a free ride? Who gave any of these artist a free ride? No one so why should you get one? Im not talkin to any one person but in general. Muthafuckas charge what they want and if you dont like it dont pay for it and see how well your album sells with a bunch of free verses with homies on it. Just my two cents!

Aug 4, 2008
in my opinion and in an artists perspective i examine and do my homework on the person that is asking me to either network or pay me to hop on a track. first of all if the person is serious and takes their music as serious as i do than "game recognize game" but if that track aint goin no were and is not going to be pressed/promoted than money is gonna come into factor honest opinion nothing outta pocket enough to either get me to their location a lil change in my pocket or enough to record in a propper studio. aint nothing wrong with helping a homie step up in the game and open doors for raza feel me, thats what were here for. its all about how u come at somebody show em your serious dont even ask how much hit em ona networking tip. jus cuz oh boy hopped ona track wit me doesnt mean hes good in my hood its all about realness fuck what he sayin tell me whatcha know jus sayin....

Aug 22, 2009
^^^ real shit.. but im just saying theres homies that show you luv and some that dont.. but like this,i feel if you really digging an artist you wants to fuck with, youll pay whatever is need to pay to get your feature on ya album.. but like dude said.. invest in yourself and projects and everything bout your music to get yourself out there..make a name.. but i means playas be over charging at times.. just saying thou.

Apr 24, 2011
i charge in the neighborhood of 800 an every once in awile i do specials and yes if time permits ill come to you an record but if i giving you a discount an you ask me to come to you expect to pay a lil more gas aint free but in another note if an artist has put in time paid his dues expect to pay i still pay for some artists studio time just becuase its a respect thing

Oct 9, 2008
Most rappers will charge whatever they can get! Everytime i have had an artist name his price, he usually ends up getting paid substantially less! They want to tell you 5 g's just to see if you're stupid enough to pay it because i'm sure some are, but when you come out of pocket wit $500 for a half hours work they get to thinkin would i rather have 500 or nothin at all?

Edit: Not specifically talking about homeboy rappers, just rappers in general..

Nov 6, 2010
www.facebook.com
I wouldn't mind paying a well established talented artist for a verse at all but like anything else I'm going to lean towards the better bang for my buck. In example if I can get say Ryda J Klyde and Young Ren on my album for under $500 I sure as fuck ain't paying Tito B no $500 just based on Ryda N Ren both are way better than Tito (in my opinion). Then again I wouldn't pay Tito if I shitted out hundreds.... I don't feel I should pay a homeboy rapper that I'm better then. At the end of the day it's like Savi said though Game recognize game.

Sep 17, 2007
Pimpin Gangsta Hustla Mob Shit