How much would you pay for a feature..?? how much should homeboys charge homeboys???

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 8, 2010
Lol at tito b charging 500 a verse fuck that, Big oso loc got better flows and ain't that much, Berner be charging 1500 a verse, some mufuckas think they worth alot when they really not, you make a track with them and thats it, it's not like your shit fina blow up ckuz it says Tito b on my cd, i woulden't pay over 250 a verse from any one.*No cheap mufucka but thats how i feel

Mr G

Drunk Pot-Head
Apr 4, 2007
Las Vegas
How much would you pay for a feature..?? how much should homeboys charge homeboys???
i think the biggest & best out there deserve 2 bills ($200.00) for there verses... if i really wanted it thats the most i would ever pay...hypothetically,....if i had a budget.... and they came thu to the spot and gassed the muthafucker feyo...maybe...lol

but yea
i think thats the fair price for the realest. like i stated in some other thread the profit margin is HBR is not too great..and mutiple verses would be pointless!!!! one no matter what would more than cover the whole Genre.
Big Oso Loc, Lil Raider, Big Tone, Tito B, Lil Coner.
any one of them deserve top dollar right! yes!! but in this little game of ours ANY cant bring in more of our hente who is the BUYERS than the other.
i.e. if the cd features Big Tone. listed on the cover y todo....
not 1 more person would buy it that ARE NOT allready buying it if said BIG TONE, TITO B.

cant be mad tho. homiez who are in it for the love just need tokeep it moving thru to congregate with g'z on there own level just like the business men would say they weed thru muthafuckers who aint getting paid n paying. supply and demand is based on opinion like conspiracy said when it comes to the actual verse it might not be worth much so if i paid somebody i would send there ass back to the drawing board if they ccame wit a lazy 16.

Aug 22, 2009
I don't think it's really a money issue, but more like is the amount being asked worth the feature. Some ain't Worth $50 let alone $500 homie.

thats what i was meaning its not bout the money or how much we spend. some folks aint worth what they ask for .. ?? not saying nuthin but SAN QUINN a AFRICANO charged me and my boy $200 for a sick verse usual quinn verse HARD.. and being in the game for a min.. showed luv.. real talk.. he came to salinas didnt charge gas lol.. but what im saying is that we homeboys cmon now 500 is stupid.. be reasonable when u charge folks ..

Mar 17, 2010
I GUESS ITS HOW YOU PRESENT YOUR SELF TO ANOTHER ARTISTS,IF YOU APPROACH THEM AS A MAN THEY MIGHT SEE YOU AS A MAN AND BE REASONABLE..BUT IF YOU APPROACH THEM UN PROFESSIONAL THEN EXPECT TO GET A FUCKED UP RESPONSE ALL I CAN SAY..I GET GOOD DEALS ON VERSES CAUSE OF THE WAY I APPROACH ARTISTS..TITO B CAME TO MY HOOD N DID THE VERSE N HANDED CDS OUT N HE GAVE ME A GOOD DEAL ALL I CAN SAY IS IT WASN'T A RIDICULOUS PRICE,

Chuco

Sicc OG
May 2, 2009
thats what i was meaning its not bout the money or how much we spend. some folks aint worth what they ask for .. ?? not saying nuthin but SAN QUINN a AFRICANO charged me and my boy $200 for a sick verse usual quinn verse HARD.. and being in the game for a min.. showed luv.. real talk.. he came to salinas didnt charge gas lol.. but what im saying is that we homeboys cmon now 500 is stupid.. be reasonable when u charge folks ..
SAN QUINN IS GOOD FOLKS. HE DROPS BY SAC ALL THE TIME. AND I THINK HE IS ON A HIGHER LEVEL THAN 95% OF HOMEBOY RAPPERS. ESPECIALLY THESE FOOLS CHARGING HELLA BREAD FOR ONE VERSE. WHATS WITH ALL THESE RAPPERS WITH AN INFLATED EGO.... I GUESS THATS JUST HOW THE RAP GAME GOES. BUT I CANT KNOCK IT, IF SOMEONE IS WILLING TO PAY THAT MUCH, THEN THEY SHOULD TAKE AS MUCH AS YOU CAN GET. BUT THEY PROBABLY KNOW THEMSELVES THAT THEY 16 AINT REALLY WORTH THAT MUCH.

Oct 3, 2006
Pretty generous of him to do that..good shit

Sergyo

STRONG ARM MANAGEMENT
Jan 2, 2008
SALINAS
WWW.FACEBOOK.COM
@yung t, not sure what track your talking about, but if its the one time with smug...then theres more to your story than what you mentioned. He didnt come to salinas just for your verse and only charged you 200. There were multiple verses sold that day....i remember cuz i sold some. Not sure if he was in town for a show but i think he was...otherwise he would have charged you slightly more although youre right, hes cool, hes caliber above and he will gladly go anywhere where someone is willing to pay him. And from time to time, he does give good deals like he gave u however not always. The way i look at the game, its a personal preference on who you will pay and who you wont. One thing ive learned and continue to get better at is all rappers dont sound good together. I think nowadays 200-300 is a good rate for most known rappers, but most still hit for 400-500....just depends on who they are. Not saying pay that much cuz should try to bargain like anything else, but like smiley said, come right. Yall are talking about Tito B....500 a verse, how bout one time a homie rapper told me 1000 and no it wasnt woodie. What yall think obout that??

Feb 23, 2006
personally i dont like san quinn's music but it seems like he is featured on every no name rappers album dont know if thats a good thing or bad or he just falling off.....i rather pay for a tito or tone verse

May 16, 2002
Seriously speaking, I'm a sarcastic bastard and start shit just for entertainment sake, but it does have a reality to it.

I just think if someone is willing to pay for a verse (I wouldn't) the artist being approached doesn't take advantage. In the end, the people paying for verses are that artist fan & it's more than likely a privilege, rather than a move to make money, for a lot of people anyway.

Although, the artist being paid for a verse should also push the song. I think it would help the fan / artist get a little more exposure than he could do on his own. Not taking nothing away from anybody, but any other way is taking the money & run. I think for the West Coast to unite it should go both ways, not money flowing in one direction. Pay some of these artist out here in the 831, return the love and put a song on a Bay album featuring 831 artist etc. It would dominate IMO.

To each his / her own, but I still wouldn't pay for a verse from a semi known artist. I've done it before, I won't lie, but too many want to over charge like they're known to the world and that's just not the case most of the time.

Oct 20, 2003
IN ALL HONESTY I DONT EVEN DO FEATURES ANY MORE. TOO MANY CATS GET BOOTY HURT WHEN YOU MENTION A PRICE. I DID CHARGE IN THE PAST, NOT BECUASE I FELT I NEEDED THAT MUCH MONEY,BUT BECAUSE I'M A VERY BUSY PERSON AND I RARELY HAVE TIME FOR OUTSIDE PROJECTS. SO TO PUT TIME ASIDE TO HANDLE THAT, I FELT I SHOULD GET COMPENSATED. MUSIC IS JUST MY SIDE HUSTLE..... BUT I STRONGLY FEEL THIS IS HOW ARTIST ARE GETTIN WATERED DOWN NOW THOUGH, I KNOW THEY GOT TO EAT BUT EVERYBODY IS SLUTTIN THEIR VERSES OUT FOR CHUMP CHANGE. YOU SEE THE SAME NAMES ON EVERYBODYS ALBUMS NOW.... MOST FANS DONT REALZE THAT THE ARTIST IS JUST MAKIN A QUICK BUCK, ITS STILL REFLECTS ON THIER MUSIC. I'D RATHER KEEP MY INTEGRITY THAN MAKE $200 OFF A SONG THAT I'LL PROBABLY REGRET LATER. I CANT COUNT HOW MANY TIMES A DAY I GET HIT UP FOR FEATURES. BUT FROM EXPERIENCE, WHEN YOU MENTION A PRICE, YOU'LL HAVE A FAN WHO WANTS TO RAP ALL OF A SUDDEN TURN ON YOU CUZ THEY THINK YOU SHOULD DO IT FOR FREE CUZ HE WEARS A RED BELT. MOST CATS THAT HATE ARE ASPIRING RAPPERS THEMSELVES..... JUST SAYIN. FOR SOME THIS IS A BUSINESS, FOR OTHERS ITS JUST FOR FUN. THE ONES THEY SAY THEY DONT DO IT FOR THE MONEY ARE THE ONES WHO AINT MAKIN ANY MONEY. SO IT MAKES SENSE RIGHT?...... IF HOMIES ARE SUPPOSE TO GIVE HOMIES FREE VERSES FOR BEING A "HOMIE" THEN IF YOU SELL DOPE, DO YOU THINK YOU SHOULD GIVE A HOMIE A FREE ZIP FOR BEING A HOMIE? JUST MY 2 SENSE!

Oct 9, 2008
That dude was tryna charge me like $800 or somethin stupid like that to jump on a track i had wit Spice 1.. I told him i had 3 on it and he was talkin bout that would get me 12 bars SMH... Needless to say we didn't do bizness. Now that i look back on it i'm glad i didn't even give him 3..

Chuco

Sicc OG
May 2, 2009
my only issue in this whole debate is people who i feel over charge. I do think rappers who are well known should be compensated for taking time off their own projects to work rappers who came to them for a verse.

Jan 25, 2011
I PAY IF I LIKE YOU ..I bargain as much as possible hopefully a favor for favor
If not I just pay ...TITO B GOT FIRE!! HE WORTH WHAT HE ASKS

That's a good investment

HOMIES CHARGE WHAT THEY WANT..

Jan 11, 2011
IN ALL HONESTY I DONT EVEN DO FEATURES ANY MORE. TOO MANY CATS GET BOOTY HURT WHEN YOU MENTION A PRICE. I DID CHARGE IN THE PAST, NOT BECUASE I FELT I NEEDED THAT MUCH MONEY,BUT BECAUSE I'M A VERY BUSY PERSON AND I RARELY HAVE TIME FOR OUTSIDE PROJECTS. SO TO PUT TIME ASIDE TO HANDLE THAT, I FELT I SHOULD GET COMPENSATED. MUSIC IS JUST MY SIDE HUSTLE..... BUT I STRONGLY FEEL THIS IS HOW ARTIST ARE GETTIN WATERED DOWN NOW THOUGH, I KNOW THEY GOT TO EAT BUT EVERYBODY IS SLUTTIN THEIR VERSES OUT FOR CHUMP CHANGE. YOU SEE THE SAME NAMES ON EVERYBODYS ALBUMS NOW.... MOST FANS DONT REALZE THAT THE ARTIST IS JUST MAKIN A QUICK BUCK, ITS STILL REFLECTS ON THIER MUSIC. I'D RATHER KEEP MY INTEGRITY THAN MAKE $200 OFF A SONG THAT I'LL PROBABLY REGRET LATER. I CANT COUNT HOW MANY TIMES A DAY I GET HIT UP FOR FEATURES. BUT FROM EXPERIENCE, WHEN YOU MENTION A PRICE, YOU'LL HAVE A FAN WHO WANTS TO RAP ALL OF A SUDDEN TURN ON YOU CUZ THEY THINK YOU SHOULD DO IT FOR FREE CUZ HE WEARS A RED BELT. MOST CATS THAT HATE ARE ASPIRING RAPPERS THEMSELVES..... JUST SAYIN. FOR SOME THIS IS A BUSINESS, FOR OTHERS ITS JUST FOR FUN. THE ONES THEY SAY THEY DONT DO IT FOR THE MONEY ARE THE ONES WHO AINT MAKIN ANY MONEY. SO IT MAKES SENSE RIGHT?...... IF HOMIES ARE SUPPOSE TO GIVE HOMIES FREE VERSES FOR BEING A "HOMIE" THEN IF YOU SELL DOPE, DO YOU THINK YOU SHOULD GIVE A HOMIE A FREE ZIP FOR BEING A HOMIE? JUST MY 2 SENSE!
GOOD POINT

Mar 6, 2011
rappin 4tay is a bay legend and he charges more reasonable prices then some of these so called rappers,some will say cause he's a dope fiend,dope fiend or not he's gonna out shine most bay artist's he also has worldwide exposure so that always helps.i beleive if you were signed to a major then you have a right to charge alot,if your a local favorite and well known doesn't give you the right to over charge.who was the last artist from the bay to have a major deal?some one after 2004?i think alot of artist that have a buzz and are well known in cali are no better then the ones trying to make a name,the only difference is one is more known they both don't have a budget they working in the home studios.
so if you never been on a major aren't as known as someone like fortay but you charge 10 times more then him you on one lol!
just my 2