How exactly is strange going to promote albums?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 7, 2006
oh and not to mention all the record label reps that come in my store to see how albums sell n shit and i'm mad cool with the def jam rep and the interscope rep.

Aug 31, 2005
it was a print interview, it was posted here, tech said he thought killer would be his last solo album but he got an idea when he was in the shower for another solo album

this was posted after your interview, thinking late dec, early jan

May 31, 2007
Yea I think i heard that Killer was the last one too but look at it this way.. They playin it smart. They drop Killer as the LAST ALBUM.. Everyone hyped and shit... They still got the tracks for Isms or Vintage Tech 2 whatever you wanna call it... So they can drop that whenever the fuck they want for that little bit of paper. If they dropped that first then all we'd be recieving is a bunch of old shit and then wed be like ok we still wanna see Killer and then maybe there wont be as many sales on Isms... I believe that if they drop Isms later on, people might be like oh shit Tech got some unreleased tapes that just dropped and shit i better check that out, rather then Shit dude TEch has some unreleased shit lemme go download it so i got my money for Killer. I dunno if im makin anysense.. barely runnin on any sleep and shit.

Jan 2, 2004
Before MLK, I thought Killer was going to be my last rap album. Then from there we were gonna go Kabosh, know what I'm sayin', me and Krizz. Kabosh was gone be it. I had the idea last week, after Killer I might do something. Some sh*t hit me when I was in the shower, it was the last hurrah. The last hurrah might be my next album after Killer, I don't know...if I do one you know what I'm sayin'?
From that xxplosive mag article that is posted here on the siccness.

Feb 9, 2006
Yeah they def need to get sum shit started here for their promo shit. Regaurdless whether this is his last album or not they should be promoting the shit out of this if it is as good as you guys say its gonna be.

I mean fuck do they not realize the more they promote the more they get back? Ya it does cost a lot of money but what else do they need to fuckin save money for? New robes for Tech? A cool chair for him to sit in on stage? If he ever plans on makin it big he is gonna have to get his face on TV and get his music on the fuckin air. Fuck all this touring all damn year, why not just drop a load into the promo shit and sit back and let the money pour in instead of busting your ass 80% of the year? He claims his shit is for everyone and needs to be heard by everyone, well how the fuck is everyone gonna hear it if they dont know about it!

I can personally say that Iv got put on to rappers JUST BY hearing their commercials and hearing clips from their albums, so I know that shit works. So he def needs a commercial and other than that get sum good radio hits and get that shit on the radio. Fuck all these posters and flyers and bullshit. Radio and TV are whats gonna sell ur album. My suggestion would be to invest all into that and fuck everything else.

Like people said, Tech fans are the ones going to his shows that aint really bringin in new fans, a few im sure, but the majority of people at Tech shows are fans of 3 yrs. + at least. Word of mouth by us and posting on Myspace aint gonna do shit when it comes to putting up really big numbers...

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
Bro, you act like the money the business makes goes right into a Tech fund. That money goes to promoters, stage hands, venues, ad companies, soundscans, roadies, gas tanks, tires, employee benefits, etc. The stuff that gets paid for on the daily would no doubt blow your mind if you could see it.

Remember, it costs more to air something in tv hot zones than it does to air it at 2 in the morning. Their money, that's made through touring, goes all over the place and the pres. and vice pres get a larger cut than the secretary does, but that doesn't ultimately mean that their pockets are being laced with every penny they earned.

They aren't Koch, MSC, or rap-a-lot. They are one label producing, writing, editing, recording and mixing their own music with a little help from outside sources. There's a lot of stuff you should take into consideration before you jump the gun as to why things happen the way they do. They don't have money coming in from their sub labels or their once-a-month cd drops, or their thirty artists. It takes careful planning and business management to hold onto the money they make so they can expand and give people like you something else to complain about. Now that's the nature of the beast.

Jan 11, 2006
www.myspace.com
Tech has menchioned this before, everready lets you know exactly that hes gunna stop because after 2010.. really big changes are going to be made throughout the underground scene.... some wont even want to rep the underground anymore... because its going to be different... "Aight i'll leave but when I come back its gon be 20g's A verse...."

Believe that.

Jul 1, 2004
Bro, you act like the money the business makes goes right into a Tech fund. That money goes to promoters, stage hands, venues, ad companies, soundscans, roadies, gas tanks, tires, employee benefits, etc. The stuff that gets paid for on the daily would no doubt blow your mind if you could see it.

Remember, it costs more to air something in tv hot zones than it does to air it at 2 in the morning. Their money, that's made through touring, goes all over the place and the pres. and vice pres get a larger cut than the secretary does, but that doesn't ultimately mean that their pockets are being laced with every penny they earned.

They aren't Koch, MSC, or rap-a-lot. They are one label producing, writing, editing, recording and mixing their own music with a little help from outside sources. There's a lot of stuff you should take into consideration before you jump the gun as to why things happen the way they do. They don't have money coming in from their sub labels or their once-a-month cd drops, or their thirty artists. It takes careful planning and business management to hold onto the money they make so they can expand and give people like you something else to complain about. Now that's the nature of the beast.
well put dude!!

Oct 2, 2006
How can I get on out in the Bay?
Hopefully sometime in the very near future a thread will be created by the man in charge of promotions for strange and you will enter your mailing info and then promo materials will be shipped out to you.. we are all wondering why that thread hasn't been created yet.

Yea thats weird I never would have thought to spell it with an o.