How exactly is strange going to promote albums?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

GXformKY

My Mom Loves Black Dick
Dec 12, 2007
A name change on myspace and a mention while on tour? I mean honestly, if im getting this correctly, there are 3 albums coming out this summer: Word on tha Streets, Funkra, and Killer.

So far, all anyone in the real world (IE, NOT us and NOT people on myspace), only has a chance of knowing about killer, and thats from reading those nobody/nothing magazine articles. But what about Funkra? The album that will rock the industry? Are they leaving this all up to notriousN8 or do they have some master plan, like the M.L.K album, to get everyone to know about this.

Seriously, you cant just rely on myspace and touring to sell albums, thats pathetic. Im not trying to start some Kaboosh shit again, but FUCK.

May 31, 2007
Ay yo Kirby... HED PE is the fucking shit.. You hit up the Heavy Hitters tour?

And yea i thought about the promotion before too.. Hawke said that the KILLER shit should be comin pretty soon. (And if you read this, this the dude that was talkin to you outside dennys after the Hed P.E. show... If you got some shit to pass out hit me up next time and i got you man).. But yea id do what i gotta do to promote but i agree we cant just be throwin up myspace banners and shit... Ok maybe do that since some people spend there life on myspace, BUT itll be more effective actually hittin the streets with shit

BEAR

Sicc OG
Dec 15, 2007

I don't know how much airtime they saw, but I thought that was pretty big considering they use their own money.

GXformKY

My Mom Loves Black Dick
Dec 12, 2007
"Super Smash Hit, Bout Ta Bubble"

Hahaha, i missed that the first few times

And i remember that ER one when it aired, this forum was sizzlin man

Jun 8, 2004
www.myspace.com
He's doing hell of a promotion on tour. Think of all the people coming out to just see Paul in concert, they're all going to be exposed to Tech there. I'm sure he'll drop some info about the release there, probably even have men out in the crowd handing out flyers. That is what I'd do anyways.

Plus all of his fans know about the release, so he has all of them covered. (same goes for others on Strange)

Aug 31, 2006
^^^ haha if it's gonna happen, it needs to be done soon (promotion that is).
I knew people that loved the shit out of anghellic and AP, and when i told them about Everready, they were like WTF? he got a new album? They didn't even know about VT Same went for MLK.

I know it takes money to promote an album, but the longer that promo shit is being passed out and talked about it, regardless of how much is spent to promote it, the more people are gonna know about it. I did some promoting for Everready and I didn't get my package till like 1 month b4 it came out. Don't know other peoples stories, but 1 month aint shit to introduce people to tech.

Even some posters and flyers, bumper stickers and shit, right now for strange albums 6 months down the road will introduce more people and get them more interested.

Nov 7, 2006
i told whoever the fuck several times that if they got me poster flyers and samplers i can put them in about 10 of my district FYE stores on the est coast where there not known at all and everytime they say hit me up i never get a response so i aint gonna try doing shit anymore. i mean at 1st i was gonna ask managers to do it then i became a manager and could do it in my store for a fact then i became store manager and would be able to spread tis shit all through out MA, fuck it if they dont want that type of promotion then i dont want to help cause it will prolly be for a lost cause

May 31, 2007
my dad drives a truck for a living so if I can get hooked up on a big ass poster or someshit.. When the weathers nicer, he said hell post that shit on the side of his truck. Like a moving Billboard.

And with those commercials I only saw the Everready commercial ONCE on MTV2 a whileeeee ago

GXformKY

My Mom Loves Black Dick
Dec 12, 2007
He's doing hell of a promotion on tour. Think of all the people coming out to just see Paul in concert, they're all going to be exposed to Tech there. I'm sure he'll drop some info about the release there, probably even have men out in the crowd handing out flyers. That is what I'd do anyways.

Plus all of his fans know about the release, so he has all of them covered. (same goes for others on Strange)
All the PW fans are coming out and saying they dont like tech n9ne and all the n9ne fans are coming out and saying they dont like paul
i told whoever the fuck several times that if they got me poster flyers and samplers i can put them in about 10 of my district FYE stores on the est coast where there not known at all and everytime they say hit me up i never get a response so i aint gonna try doing shit anymore. i mean at 1st i was gonna ask managers to do it then i became a manager and could do it in my store for a fact then i became store manager and would be able to spread tis shit all through out MA, fuck it if they dont want that type of promotion then i dont want to help cause it will prolly be for a lost cause
Ya dude, i know you been saying this for a longgggggg ass time

Oct 2, 2006
Everready - Fliers, samplers, posters, flats... I got 2 cases sent to me, and then never even got an email or anything for MLK promo.

Like did they delete my info from their databases after I promoted 1 album?