How exactly is strange going to promote albums?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 31, 2007
well let me know wherever the sign in sheet is for Killer cuz I wanna be a part of the promotion...

I got past street team experience too. Linkin Park, Fort Minor, KoRn, Trigger Point, Alelle, and a few otehr coorperate punishment.

Feb 4, 2008
Seriously, you cant just rely on myspace and touring to sell albums, thats pathetic. Im not trying to start some Kaboosh shit again, but FUCK.
Considering that Tech sells so many records independently, I always thought he did do more promo than that. Shit, that might be the only thing holding him back from doing STOOPID numbers, for real! Promo is everything! I know I always heard about his material from word of mouth. But thats cuz he never makes it out to KY with his tours!(I'm gonna keep pluggin that one :)

Aug 8, 2005
www.myspace.com
touring is one reason tech is so big as he is now haha i think the only other reason is the fans spreasding his music too, u dont need fliers and shit to promote, i was suppose to get some stuff for MLK and the tour but never got an email, oh wait i did get a call from hawke and got some stuff so nevermind on the tour part i did get posters and fliers for that but not the cd, but yeh touring is the best prromotion especially touring with different types of music artist brings different fans from all over, haha got a lil off u were talkin bout cds i started just talkin bout fans haha but it all helps with album sales.
they kmnow what there doin so lt them do it, if it doesnt get promoted much and not sell many it will be on them and they can come up with better promotin ideas, but as u all have said also, i willl help promote if get some fliers and stuff haha

Nov 6, 2005
I do the main promotion for all of Utah.

After everready, i got a good amount of MLK shwag.

But this go round, this tour, etc. Ive called in 3 or 4 times and im waiting, so far it seems theyre just working on finalizing images and what not.

Be patient, lets see what eriks up too.

Aug 31, 2005
my question is why hasnt tech been at any music festivals/summer tours other than the Gathering?

like Bonnaroo
http://www.bonnaroo.com/

big deal that tech wouldnt headline or make as much $ for the actual show, this is the type of shit that breaks indie rock groups, it has to be more beneficial then hitting up Tulsa for the 3rd time this year, where 90% of the crowd has already been a tech fan

as far as promo materials,hawke said he would get at me for ER but never heard back, hoping he gets with me for this shit

GXformKY

My Mom Loves Black Dick
Dec 12, 2007
Ya, thats what im saying, i think the majority of people that goto tech shows are already tech fans... he's not really breaking any ground. Now i know yall've said that he gets Paul Wall and E-40 out there, but whats to say they just dont leave after them? All the majority of us do when he's on tour with ICP or Dog Faced Gods or w/e

Oct 2, 2006
Since Killer is the last album I would expect them to hit us with more promo stuff than ever before. I think Tech should go out with a bang. As far as S&S and Kaliko, what better time to showcase the next generation of Strange Music by promoting their new albums. From what I have heard of both albums neither one of them deserve to be slept on.

I think its time for Strange to start promoting all their artists and not just Tech!

Nov 29, 2006
Since Killer is the last album I would expect them to hit us with more promo stuff than ever before. I think Tech should go out with a bang. As far as S&S and Kaliko, what better time to showcase the next generation of Strange Music by promoting their new albums. From what I have heard of both albums neither one of them deserve to be slept on.

I think its time for Strange to start promoting all their artists and not just Tech!
hold up a minute...wut u mean last album?????shit ive been talkin to eric bout promoting here in canada he said they need it and he'll get me doin it now im jus waitin for w/e i need or somethin ya nah

BEAR

Sicc OG
Dec 15, 2007
i read in an interview somewhere that he's thinking about one last album after killer called the last hurrah!!
Yeah I remember that too but I don't remember where it's from. In rmillerpacers31 interview, Tech said that Trav wants him to do an MLK 2, plus they have the Vintage Tech 2/Isms that they're just sitting on. I don't think he'd let that sit in the dark forever.

GXformKY

My Mom Loves Black Dick
Dec 12, 2007
Na killer aint done, they've said that isms was real (they had tracks for it), but they aren't putting it out

VT2 was never coming out