How do you view animals?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

phil

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
i heard a comedian state it best.

if hooking a car battery up to a monkeys brain is gonna cure cancer or save a human life i only have 2 things to say. red is positive and black is negative.

Apr 1, 2008
wow...the irony...

anyways, i haven't watched those videos, but if YOU knew anything about science, you'd know that vivisection is legitimate technique that sometimes needs to be utilized in order to address particular scientific problems/questions, establish appropriate experimental systems/animal models, etc...and anesthesia is used; so, really, what's the problem?

edit: oh yea, i don't and won't get my scientific education from youtube videos...but thanks............

of course, if you had it your way, we'd never know.

you see, those animals (mostly mice) used in scientific research are kind of important. :cheeky:
LOL. OK. Because you know me so well that you know where I learn things from. GO READ ABOUT IT. It is not a legitimate process at all. If you know anything about even basic science, you would realize it makes no sense at all to do.
And nhojsmith, you are a fucking idiot. And a crying little pussy I guess.
haha, i am not a fucking emo goth kid you retard. Why would I hate myself when I know the truth about shit like this? I hate the people who perform fraudulent acts like vivisection, and uneducated people like you.
Trying to convince myself? I am done convincing, I will toss your crying, uneducated pussy ass off a fucking cliff you piece of shit. Go read a fucking book you middle school reject.

Are brotha lynch and sicx and raided faggy goth kids because they are fucking hateful motherfuckers? Dumbass. Go back to your fucking cage. I dont know who let you out or why, but they fucked up.

Dec 27, 2002
LOL. OK. Because you know me so well that you know where I learn things from. GO READ ABOUT IT. It is not a legitimate process at all. If you know anything about even basic science, you would realize it makes no sense at all to do.
the point is i don't NEED to read or watch a youtube video about it to learn about it because i know what vivisection is and when it's needed IN PRACTICE. perhaps you have a distorted view of it. i know quite bit about basic science, and i know that it does make sense to use the technique in certain scenarios for reasons i already described.

Dec 18, 2002
It is easy to look at an animal and view humans as more important, but I would say that as a whole humans and animals are equal. I respect animal life in general, and testing on animals should be limited to furthering medical endeavors only.

Feb 17, 2005
gen. snake, you are failing completely to make your point. all you have been saying is that if you know anything about basic science, you will know that vivisection is fraudulent. that is a very weak argument and also it really makes no sense.

Feb 17, 2005
IF U KNEW ANYTHING ABOUT BASIC SCIENCE YOU WOULD KNOW ITS FRAUDULENT. THE WHOLE THING IS FRAUDULENT. FRAUDULENT FRAUDULENT FRAUDULENT. DONT U KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT BASIC SCIENCE?

/sarcasm

Jul 3, 2005
I think to truly know how you view animal life ask yourself this....

if you were driving and an animal popped out in front of you would you

a. hit and risk the possiblity of killing the animal

or b. swerve and risk the possibility of killing yourself.

Apr 1, 2008
Gen. snake how was the molecular physiology surrounding the neurological action potential discovered?
If we didnt use vivisection on non human animals, and just humans, we would have found all of the cures and advancements we have now even sooner than we did.
Probably a lot more too.
And about running things over, if I could, I would swerve out of the way, if not, and it was a big animal, I would speed up a lot in an attempt to make it go over the vehicle, forward or to one of the sides instead of into my windshield.

The question you should have asked was if it was a human.

Sep 28, 2002
If we didnt use vivisection on non human animals, and just humans, we would have found all of the cures and advancements we have now even sooner than we did.
Probably a lot more too.
And about running things over, if I could, I would swerve out of the way, if not, and it was a big animal, I would speed up a lot in an attempt to make it go over the vehicle, forward or to one of the sides instead of into my windshield.

The question you should have asked was if it was a human.

Ok so you don't know Ill tell you they used a neuron from a giant squid. Which neuron in the human body would have been large enough (1 mm in diameter) to insert voltage clamp electrodes into? None.

May 2, 2002
Do you view them as equals or as less-than?

I think of them a little less but they are just trying to live like us

Do you respect animal life in general?

Yes because they don't ruin things just for the sake of it, everything they do is for survivial and they do it on their own. I use to not respect animals when I was young but as I grew older I have found new respect for animals and nature.

Do you believe we should test on animals in order to save humans?
No, why not test on inmates and the wicked? just my thoughts

Mar 28, 2008
Its a food chain thing. Everything eats eachother in order to keep the ecosystem at a stable equilibrium.

Dont like animal testing that tortures, or treats the animals cruel but if its harmless testing then I am still hesitant but believe that if it works it could be worth it.

All depends on how you look at it

Jun 3, 2006
IT DEPENDS...LIKE LAST NIGHT I WAS WALKING AND I SAW A BUG CRAWL ACROSS THE SIDEWALK....THIS FUCKER WAS SCURRYING AND IT WOULD STOP AND STARE AT ME...LIKE USUALLY A MEAN MUG LIKE THAT ILL GET YOU KILLED RIGHT...I DONT CARE IF ITS AN ANIMAL OR A HUMAN, SERIOUS MEAN MUGGIN IS SERIOUS BIDNESS, YA JUST DON'T DO THAT SHIT...

SO, IT WAS SLOW AS FUCK TO MOVE ALONG...AND I FIGURED IT MUSTA A BEEN ONE OF THE WEAK ONES OF THE SPECIES...AND IF I KILLED IT THEN, I WOULD BE HELPING THE SPEICES FLOURISH...

.ALSO, I WOULD THINK THE OTHER BUGGERS FROM THAT SPEICES ALREADY DONE SAID FUCC THAT BUG SLOW ASS RETARDED FUCC...IF A SOME OTHER SPEICES AINT GON KILL IT, EVENTUALLY WE WILL KILL OUR OWN BUG BROTHERS...

I DIDN'T KILL IT, SINCE I WOULD LIKE TO THINK THE RETARDED BUG WOULD HAVE MORE RETARDED BUGS...AND THE BUG REMINDED ME OF GEORGE BUSH, GOD I FEEL SORRY FOR HIM

SO ALL IN ALL I GUESS SOMETIMES KILLING ANIMALS IS GOOD FOR THE SPEICES OVERALL
meth is a hell of a drug