How do you view animals?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

BASEDVATO

Judo Chop ur Spirit
May 8, 2002
Let's say there are only 1,000 white rhinos in existence - would you rather these 1,000 individuals die, or 1,000 humans? On a one-for-one basis, could you justify claiming that human lives are more important than those of the rhino's? Rhino population: 1,000 - 1,000 = extinction. Human population: 6,500,000,000 - 1,000 = 6,499,999,000.

On the other hand, if this group of 1,000 humans was comprised of my family and friends, the decision would be a lot harder.

Logical thinking - kill humans
Human thinking - kill rhinos

May 14, 2002
Do you view them as equals or as less-than?
I beleive we are greatter than animals HOWEVER they are important to us and our survival and the whole chain of things that create and maintain this earth and therefore should be respected, just because we have the ability to rule over them does not mean we are ALL powerfull or can disregard animal life.

Do you respect animal life in general?
YES
Do you believe we should test on animals in order to save humans?
This one is kinda tricky but I am glad that I have not been testing animals.
I guess its a balancing act cuz if you figured that one of those animals or 5 or 10 might die to save your brother or mother.....thats an entirely different story now isnt it?

Sep 7, 2006
I think human are animals, We are equal in terms of "life". I guess we are just the highest in the food chain.

The way i see it, every animal has its natural given strenths and weakness. ie: Bird has flight/ Dophin has sonar/ cheeta has speed/ ants have strenth & organization/ Human has intelligence, but we phyicaly weak as shit.

Our intelligence is the gift and curse of human