how did you get your job?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
my first job was a summer job workin for my pops
my second job I just applied for and got the job
my third job I knew some guy who worked there and he referred me
my current job is through a temp agency... I've been there almost 2 years

Jun 23, 2002
I got pretty lucky I think, I applied to a shitload of jobs like montroller did...got 2-3 interviews. Interviewed twice at this one place that I'm at now and its been a wrap since..

BTW, I applied via the career page from the college I went too...

In the future, when I get my Master's (hopefully), I would try to get in the state system, mroe specifically a university becuz once you're in and become vested its a wrap basically

Jun 23, 2002
and career center listings from universities have a shitload of job postings, both for the school and other companies

the link gas provided for state jobs is good too

Jun 2, 2002
WELL LETS SEE....

IT WAS BACC ON '00, I WAS 18 YEARS OLD!!!
I WAS PICC'N' UP TRASH AT THE PARK, DUE TO A "WORK RELEASE PROGRAM"!!!
I WAS ABOUT 10 DAYS OUT OF JAIL!!! I HAD TO CLEAN UP A PARK FOR 2 MONTHS FROM 6AM - 4PM 5 DAYS A WEEK!!!
ONE DAY, WE GET THIS DUDE IN (AN OLDER MIDDLE EASTERN MAN) WHO HAS TO DO COMMUNITY SERVICE FOR THROW'N' A CIGGERETTE OUT HIS CAR WINDOW!!!
HE AND I ARE PAIRED UP WE HAVE TO DIG 2 HOLES TO PLANT SOME TREES FOR THIS DEAD COUPLE!!! WHILE DIGG'N' HOLES, OLE BOY IS ASK'N' ME SOME NOSY ASS QUESTIONS ABOUT MY LIFE, I GET KINDA AGGRIVATED BUT I WANTED TO SEE WHERE HE WAS GO'N' WITH ALL OF THIS, SO I ANSWER HIS QUESTIONS!!!
HE THEN TELLS ME THAT HE IS A "VICE PRESIDENT" OF THIS FORTUNE 500 COMPANY AND HE WANTS ME TO WORK FOR HIM!!!
I TELL HIM THAT I DON'T EVEN HAVE HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA!!!
HE ASKS ME WHAT DO I HAVE TO DO TO GET ONE!!!
I TOLD HIM THAT I NEEDED TO GO TO THE CITY COLLEGE, PAY A $50 FEE, AND TAKE THE TEST TO GET MY G.E.D.!!!
HE WHIPS OUT HIS WALLET, PULLS OUT A $50 DOLLAR BILL AND HIS BUSINESS CARD AND SAYS FOR ME TO GO MAKE THAT HAPPEN, AND CALL HIM WHEN I GET MY CERTIFICATE!!!
I DID THE DOO, AND CALLED HIM UP AND BAM!!!

BEEN AT THIS JOB SINCE THEN!!!
I'M AN IT TECH!!!

I HAVE NO PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE IN THIS SHIT!!!
IT'S COO!!! IT'S SUCH A TRIP DEAL'N' WITH THESE CORPORATE FOLKS COMPARED TO A CAT LIKE ME!!!
I DAMN NEAR PISS MY PANTS AT THE TYPE OF SHIT
THESE PEOPLE BE COMPLAIN'N' ABOUT!!!

I CAME THROUGH ON A RICH BOAT!!!
I DIDN'T TAKE 1 CLASS FOR THIS,
AND YOU HAVE TO HAVE SOME TYPE OF SCHOOLING TO GET IN HERE!!!
lol do you consciously put 3 exclamation points after every sentence??

i read your shit like you're hella excited, yelling everything haha

jr916

Sicc OG
Jun 3, 2006
lol do you consciously put 3 exclamation points after every sentence??

i read your shit like you're hella excited, yelling everything haha
HE TRYIN TO GET HIS POINT ACROSS!!!
EITHER THAT OR HE'S ZOOMIN OFF SUM CRYSTAL METH!!!

Mar 8, 2008
man i been working since i was 14.. i've worked in everything from a recycling plant in fremont, to doing roofs next to paisas, hometown buffet for one day lol, wharehousing (sp.), oil changers, auto mechanic, autozone, gardening equipment rental yard, coca cola (makin bank), bart, and as a diesel tech. till i got layed off about 2 weeks ago where i was making close to 30 an hour.. you just need to make a resume and send that shit out anywhere and everywhere the more you do applications , send out resumes and talk to people to see if the company they work for is hiring the better of a chance you'll have to find a job.. its like bitches the more you holler the better of a chance you goin to have to fuck..

Defy

Cannabis Connoisseur
Jan 23, 2006
Rich City
Here's what I did, I made getting a job my job. So everyday I'd put on some nice clothes & a tie and go to some location getting applications & returning them the same day or next day with my resume. I went to the CalJobs thing, I forget what it's really called, CalWorks maybe....anywyas, I would go there at least a couple times a week and print my resumes there and look for job fairs and shit like that.

I ended up getting 2 jobs......

.......but both were from friends, so all that work didn't really mean shit. but it might work for you! :cheeky:

May 15, 2002
Last job was random off of craigslist. Hopefully i'll be hooked up with a reference from my buddy soon.

To those looking for work, how's that coming along and how hard are you trying to find a job?

SRD420

RAGE-REST-REPEAT
Oct 12, 2004
Minnesota
I got caught smoking in the bathroom and had some weed in the back of my cig pack and had to do like 40 hours community service. So I come here and do community service, I was prolly about 16 years old. Their secretary at the time totally sucked at EVERYTHING from accounting/payroll to simple data entry so that's what they had me doing. Anyway... she ended up putting in her notice before I was done with my community service hours and they just offered me the job. They knew I had been busted with weed too, lol, and I still come to work high. Its a cool job and my boss is the shit for the most part, but I'm hella bored with this place... its about that time to move on. Thinkin' about goin' back to school to become a paralegal.

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
i think drug testing violates equal rights. but so does people with misdemenors and felonies having a hard time getting a job. i think getting a job should be based on your character and ability to do a job...kinda like the old days...you went in asked if they had a job you could do and you got hired, but if you slacked you got fired.....theres too many people holding jobs that don't straight up appreciate it when the next man wishes he or she could have a job. maybe more people need to start losing their jobs and more people need to start getting hired based on being humans....everyone deserves the chance to make a living. i dont care if youre a one armed midget with a lazy eye..if you work harder than the fat ass overqualified fuck who dosent care about his job maybe you need to go look somewhere else.

Oct 16, 2004
my job ends on the 13 because i am moving. my wife's aunt might know of a mail order pharmacy job i can get. if not i want to get into a hospital working in the pharmacy.