Hennessy Got me Feelin Bad, Time to Stop Drinkin.....

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 15, 2003
Anybody ever been a heavy drinker and just quit cold turkey?

On average i would drink about 3 times a week and when i do drink i would drink a lot to the point where the next day was a miserable hangover...Moderation was not in my vocab..

I haven't drank since friday.. i know its only been 6 days.. but on the real this whole week I've been having anxiety and having a headache and just stressin..

I'm not sayin im never gonna drink again.. just time to take a break. and make sure when I do decide to drink to control my alcohol not let it control my life...

I know fools on here love to talk shit and clown but on a serious note has anyone had any similar experiences?? I have read some other shit on the internet, but I wanna hear from people i can actually relate to...

Nov 1, 2004
are u serious?
with drawls and didnt even drink everyday?
its in your head. if u want to stop drinking then do it.
i just quit smoking cigs after 5 years, just man up and do what u gotta do

Apr 6, 2007
i drank every day 4 about 4 years and 1 day i went to jail and ended up doing 6 months and i got a real bad anger problem when i dident drink. and when i drank when i got out it just wasent the same i couldent drink like i used to but i used to get major headaches to for some reason.

Mar 3, 2008
ambition im exactly the same, I can have my bar filled with drank and not touch it until I go clubbing, concert or have a new beezy come thru. I only drink like 3 days a week tops but like u said when i do drink i drink allllll day and night and the next day i can't do shit but recoup. (ha) I only drink to be more social I think, because like I said if im home alone or doing nothing I have know urge to drink.

Feb 15, 2003
first of all, you dont have to drink everyday to be an alcoholic.. and some people who drink daily but not heavy, and people who drink heavy but not daily will both experience withdrawls..... I am kind of a worrier tho i cant front, i used to smoke dank heavy but now when i do i get anxiety, i think thats party due to the fact that i dont smoke a lot tho...

I'm not forced to stop drinking or anything, i'm just realizing that it really is interfering with my life overall.. Costing me money, time, health, hurting relationships with family/certain friends and God... .. and basically another factor that is motivating me to make a change is a lot of my boys are just content with sitting around drinking and doin the same shit over and over, i'm 24 and been drinking wit the same homies in the same spots since we was all like 16.. I feel like im wasting my life just doing that shit.. I might just be wiggin out a little bit tho.. i gotta lot of stress on my plate right now, but its nothing i cant deal wit... we all go thru sum shit once in a while

Apr 25, 2002
Im a bit faded from drinkin some heinekin wit the neighbors. Picture me and the neighbors was like watchin the intro of "king of the hill". Posted on the lawn drinkin while the mariachi in the background slappin hard. Hahaha only on the south side of sac where you see a mexican, nicoya, puerto rican, a salvatrucho and the black homie congregatin while sippin the brew. We all got our fucked up lives n shit good or bad but one things fa sho, nothing wrong with havin a few beers then call it a night.

If you gotta quit then quit, or know how to handle your shit better....

Feb 15, 2003
Im a bit faded from drinkin some heinekin wit the neighbors. Picture me and the neighbors was like watchin the intro of "king of the hill". Posted on the lawn drinkin while the mariachi in the background slappin hard. Hahaha only on the south side of sac where you see a mexican, nicoya, puerto rican, a salvatrucho and the black homie congregatin while sippin the brew. We all got our fucked up lives n shit good or bad but one things fa sho, nothing wrong with havin a few beers then call it a night.

If you gotta quit then quit, or know how to handle your shit better....
word man.. i hear that.. that was my problem though I get started and feeling good and dont wanna call it quits.. i ain't tryin to really turn this thread into AA.. just seein if anyone could relate.. but for real im considering goin and just sippin like two tall boys to level me out.. maybe a couple beers a day for a while will help... another thing is, I only smoke cigs when i drink, when i aint drinkin they get me dizzy and are nasty as fuck, but when im drunk i damn near chain smoke.. so i havent had a drink or a cig since late friday night/early saturday morning...

Apr 25, 2002
word man.. i hear that.. that was my problem though I get started and feeling good and dont wanna call it quits.. i ain't tryin to really turn this thread into AA.. just seein if anyone could relate.. but for real im considering goin and just sippin like two tall boys to level me out.. maybe a couple beers a day for a while will help... another thing is, I only smoke cigs when i drink, when i aint drinkin they get me dizzy and are nasty as fuck, but when im drunk i damn near chain smoke.. so i havent had a drink or a cig since late friday night/early saturday morning...
I feel you tho, I only smoke cigs when I drink too, had a few earlier just to level the beer cause Im not really a beer drinker. I could go a few weeks or a few months without drinking, I just dont let myself drink for all the wrong reasons and drink without stopping anymore, I just look at it like this the day went better with a few drinks, I got shit I gotta handle the next day....

Apr 25, 2002
i had that problem , i would drink all weekend friday saturday and sunday , shit would get out of hand wakin up drinkin. i just grew out of it i still have a beer here and there and get fucked up on occasian but i got a few things to handle and cant be wasting my time trying to have a good time

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
i quit hennessy because one day it dawned on me how sugary/sweet cognac is, and now the smell of it makes me queasy

i used to drink alot of rum and my stomach started having pains so i quit that too

now i have a "no liquor" rule...i drink beer, but not to excess...i also try to drink the best and most potent beer possible, so i drink less to achieve the same effects.

im a daily drinker, but i dont get drunk daily....honestly i drink out of boredom , it passes time and im not the most patient person.

also the instant gratification thing is nice.
ill eventually quit drinking..because its not doing anything good for me anymore anyway

on top of that it fucks with my pockets...almost more than weed does

Jun 5, 2004
maybe a couple beers a day for a while will help... another thing is, I only smoke cigs when i drink, when i aint drinkin they get me dizzy and are nasty as fuck, but when im drunk i damn near chain smoke.. so i havent had a drink or a cig since late friday night/early saturday morning...
i wouldnt approach it with that "a couple beers a day" shit, cuz u know everytime u drink like 3 beers ur just gonna want more. and thats gonna suck if you do that daily.

what you should is just limit your drinking to just friday/saturday. and it would help if you only drank at night

i think thats why ur body is trippin is cuz if u drinking 3 NIGHTS, thats alot different than drinking friday, friday night, saturday, saturday night, sunday, and sunday nights

Jun 27, 2003
I cut down a lot, I drink wed, thurs, friday, and saturday now, as opposed to like every day. Basically, I get off work and drink a few beers, then maybe something wit dinner, and some drinks at the bars. Thursday Friday and Saturday I get hella fucked up. Like wake up, crack open a bottle and get it going til Sunday and Monday and Tuesday are my recoup days. I'm thinking I might need to cut down some more tho, I can still function at work and shiet, but maayn that shit can put a dent in your pockets freal.

I don't think 3 nights a week is so bad, 3 days a week is. It's really a mind set tho, you gotta make goals and work for em. I was ordered to go to Alcohol Dependency Abuse Prevention and Treatment back in December, and learned a lot of shit. I just aint trynna make them goals quite yet at this point in my life. Once you are, you gotta actually be committed and then you can accomplish them goals.

Jun 5, 2004
i really dont get how some of yall like drinking when u first wake up.

the only thing ive done close to that is take one shot of something next morning to help a hangover. i dont know why but it works sometimes.

thats what my homies grampa would do to his grand kids, if they were sick hed give them a shot of fuckin wild turkey lol

Nov 21, 2005
www.revver.com
Yeah man..when I drink a lot.. and then stop... I can;t sleep..and have night mares...

I haven't drank for a week now.. and I'm feeling better...

I'm trying to quit drinking though....

My cousin just died.. and he was young.. cause he drank every day...
never slept.. didn't eat good...

I'm just drinking water now...
So i'm good.. I might have a little drink tommorrow...
But no more killing a while liter of vodka... to the face for me! lol

last week.. I got fucked up.. no more...

This shit gotta stop.. or im gonna end up dead like my cousin\

Oh fuck it. .we all gotta die...
and like The Joker.. says...

If you gotta go.. Go with a SMILE!!!! lol

But no seriously.. I need to stop...

Jun 5, 2004
Yeah man..when I drink a lot.. and then stop... I can;t sleep..and have night mares...

I haven't drank for a week now.. and I'm feeling better...

I'm trying to quit drinking though....

My cousin just died.. and he was young.. cause he drank every day...
never slept.. didn't eat good...

I'm just drinking water now...
So i'm good.. I might have a little drink tommorrow...
But no more killing a while liter of vodka... to the face for me! lol

last week.. I got fucked up.. no more...

This shit gotta stop.. or im gonna end up dead like my cousin
that sucks to hear that ur cousin died... how did he die was it just health complications

ive had some brushes with death when i was drunk, i really do need to stop sometime, but im about to turn 21 soon so i know i aint gonna straight up quit. ive been learning my tolerance and how to drink more responsably though thats a start.