HBO's The Pacific

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 16, 2006
Everywhere
I think action wise it should be as good or better than Band of Brothers...but the story seems like it may get a little to over complicated its got like 3 different experiences there trying to roll into 1 miniseries on here based on 2 books and on John Basilone. Hopefully they can pull it off

one of the main books this is gonna be based on is "With the Old Breed: At Peleliu and Okinawa". Its a good ass book, would recomend it to anyone interested in world war 2 like i am. iv'e never read helmet for my pillow by Leckie, which is the other book, but im sure its good to.

NAMO

Sicc OG
Apr 11, 2009
The Pacific (2010)

This will be epic! BoB was a great mini series and I'm hoping this tops it.

Airs in about 2 weeks I think in the US

Jan 16, 2006
Everywhere
supposedly this one is alot more graphic than BoB. Someone who has seen it said the Okinawa episode was one of the most harrowing and revolting depictions of war on screen he has ever seen.

NAMO

Sicc OG
Apr 11, 2009
has this aired yet???

when it does can some nice american please find me a good host for the episode? cause even though it was filmed in AUSTRALIA, with the help of an AUSTRALIAN production company, we get to see it one fucking month after the US. So therefore they deserve to be pirated by Aussies. Thanks.

Jan 16, 2006
Everywhere
Just seen the first episode. I know it's gonna get a lot better once we get more into it, especially the Peleliu episodes and when Eugene Sledge gets more into it. But this first episode compared to BoB's first episode wasn't as good. When the credits rolled i was like....what...thats it? lol....BoB's first episode drew you in more than this did...but...im still looking forward to the rest of the series.