HBO's The Pacific

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 16, 2006
Everywhere
looks sick...im looking forward to this coming out.

Iactually read "with the old breed" about a year ago...which is one the books this series is based on...great book

Band of Brothers was great..im expecting greatness this time around also

NAMO

Sicc OG
Apr 11, 2009
I hope they show shit about us as well in this series..

looks great though, BoB was excellent so will this

NAMO

Sicc OG
Apr 11, 2009
coldblooded is spot on :p

contrary to popular belief, it wasnt USA v The entire world in ww2, you did have some help..

Jan 16, 2006
Everywhere
coldblooded is spot on :p

contrary to popular belief, it wasnt USA v The entire world in ww2, you did have some help..
for sure. the battles for the kokoda trail in new guinea were rough. New guinea, North Africa, Italian Campaign...yall were there for all that

But this series is gonna be based around battles like peleliu, Iwo jima, and Okinawa...US Army/USMC battles....i wouldnt expect to much about Australia. Ithink one of the episodes takes place in melbourne though

NAMO

Sicc OG
Apr 11, 2009
for sure. the battles for the kokoda trail in new guinea were rough. New guinea, North Africa, Italian Campaign...yall were there for all that

But this series is gonna be based around battles like peleliu, Iwo jima, and Okinawa...US Army/USMC battles....i wouldnt expect to much about Australia. Ithink one of the episodes takes place in melbourne though
yeah I don't think they will either, it would be more focused around Iwo Jima ect

The way BoB was made was excellent, top class seriies, this will be the same. They should then make one about Russia in Stalingrad and follow on from there but I doubt it.

Jan 16, 2006
Everywhere
I think 3 episodes are devoted to Peleliu...kind of unknown battle. But it was one of the bloodiest and toughest fights the Army and Marine corps faced in the whole war...ETO and PTO included

Jan 16, 2006
Everywhere
Normandy saw some crazy ass fighting...every hedgerow was like its own little war...Omaha beach was bloody as fuck...the brits and Canadians at Cean...Pointe du hoc...but Normandy does get a little to much attention...they need to show the hurtgen forest in a movie or some shit....Hurtgen was fuckin crazy..some units suffered 100% casualties in that forest. Or the Italian Campaign..Anzio and shit.