GYM HEADS: Best Pre-Workout Supplement?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jul 6, 2004
As far as the pre-workout supplements go, I prefer SuperPump 250. I can honestly say I've felt a difference with and without it. I would check out a website called http://www.supplementwarehouse.com They have good prices and will beat any price you find cheaper at another website by 5%.

Don't forget to take simple carbs after your workout. By the time your done with your workout your body is drained of a lot of nutrients including carbs and you need to replace them as fast as possible to help rebuild the muscle that you just tore down when you worked out. Simple carbs also help the uptake of the protein as well. I prefer to take dextrose which is similar to sugar, but not nearly as bad.

Super-Setted bi's and tri's today for the first time. All I can say is my arms were pumped like a muthafucka when I was done. Pretty much non-stop lifting except for some rest when I switched up the exercises I was doing.

Also if you have been hitting the gym pretty hard for awhile you should try taking a week off from lifting every 3 months. I just recently took a week off and have been seeing some nice gains since I've returned.

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
As far as the pre-workout supplements go, I prefer SuperPump 250. I can honestly say I've felt a difference with and without it. I would check out a website called http://www.supplementwarehouse.com They have good prices and will beat any price you find cheaper at another website by 5%.

Don't forget to take simple carbs after your workout. By the time your done with your workout your body is drained of a lot of nutrients including carbs and you need to replace them as fast as possible to help rebuild the muscle that you just tore down when you worked out. Simple carbs also help the uptake of the protein as well. I prefer to take dextrose which is similar to sugar, but not nearly as bad.

Super-Setted bi's and tri's today for the first time. All I can say is my arms were pumped like a muthafucka when I was done. Pretty much non-stop lifting except for some rest when I switched up the exercises I was doing.

Also if you have been hitting the gym pretty hard for awhile you should try taking a week off from lifting every 3 months. I just recently took a week off and have been seeing some nice gains since I've returned.
^ speakin the truth

I just started usin dextrose postworkout a couple weeks ago

May 6, 2002
I have smaller wrists so when doing biceps my arms can curl a lot more than my wrists can hold up, it's frustrating and really just a strain on my hands and wrists. I've tried holding it differently, going at angles, working out my wrist, etc. and I have have problems. I still do it, but it's not my choice of movement...

Legs suck ass because I can't walk very well for 2-3 days, but it's worth it.

I don't do much cardio. I might hit 10-15 minutes of treadmill max at a fast walk incline at the end of my work out. It's pointless. I rather just swim.

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
I have smaller wrists so when doing biceps my arms can curl a lot more than my wrists can hold up, it's frustrating and really just a strain on my hands and wrists. I've tried holding it differently, going at angles, working out my wrist, etc. and I have have problems. I still do it, but it's not my choice of movement...

Legs suck ass because I can't walk very well for 2-3 days, but it's worth it.

I don't do much cardio. I might hit 10-15 minutes of treadmill max at a fast walk incline at the end of my work out. It's pointless. I rather just swim.
yeah... I feel you on the legs... I get sore as fuck

but I'm weird... I love it when I get really sore... everytime I can't walk I just think how good I killed my legs...

I'm so used to getting sore that even when it hurts it doesn't bother me at all

I get mad when I work out and I don't get sore... I feel like I didn't work out hard enough

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
and as far as not being able to lift a lot curling... I wouldnt even trip

just hit back really hard... and your biceps will get bigger... and like I said earlier in this thread... then hit your bis after your done with back and you're fatigued... you wont be able to do heavy weight... just do like 12 reps on the heaviest weight you can

SRD420

RAGE-REST-REPEAT
Oct 12, 2004
Minnesota
I didn't read anything in this thread... but, how do you get rid of the extra fat above yer hips? Sit ups aint doin' it... crunches neither...

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
I didn't read anything in this thread... but, how do you get rid of the extra fat above yer hips? Sit ups aint doin' it... crunches neither...
mainly by eating healthy

split your food in about 6 small meals a day

no carbs at night... only eat wheat/whole grain bread, rice, pasta... all that shit

carb intake should be higher in the morning and get lower throughout the day

and try not to skip meals... eating consistently will increase metabolism and allow you to burn more fat

weight train and cardio... preferrably early in the morning with not much in your stomach if you wanna lose weight

or you can just do a lot of coke :ermm:

Jan 5, 2006
i got the p90x and p90x plus.. some of the shit on there is intense.. actually all of it is lol.. 2 hours of sit ups and push ups????? damn

i lost like 3 pounds this week.. mostly from drinking water.. your metabolism drops as much as 3% when you're dehydrated and your dehydration is sometimes mistaken for hunger.

Jul 6, 2004
I think one misconception people have a lot is that doing tons of sit-ups and crunches is going to make them lose there bodyfat on their stomach. The only true way of losing that fat is like Meta4ical said in his post.

The only time you should eat simple carbs is after your workout to replenish your carbs right away. Otherwise you need to eat complex carbs throughout the day. Complex carbs are slow digesting carbs such as whole grains, like whole grain wheat bread, whole grain rice, or even sweet potatos. Simple carbs are fast absorbing carbs like sugar, baked potatos, or white bread. The reason you don't want simple carbs is being that they're fast absorbing, your body really doesn't have a chance to burn them off and therefore they are usually stored as fat.

Like Meta4ical said, eating 6 small meals a day will constantly keep your metabolism working, therefore burning more calories. Also, the more muscle you have, the easier it will be to burn fat because muscle burns a lot of calories.

When I was trying to cut and get ripped up with a six pack, I did the six small meals a day thing, and was mainly eating tuna, chicken breast, and lean cuts of beef. I still ate carbs, but not as much as I usually would. I also ran about 4 miles every other day. The only true way to get rid of the fat on your stomach besides what I listed above, is cardio. I would recommend running "After" your work-out if your trying to burn fat. The reasoning behind this is because by the time your done working out your body has used all your stored carbs for energy when lifting the weights, so when you do your cardio after your work-out your body has no choice but to burn fat for energy being there are no carbs left in your body.