GTA V's Location Rumored...

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 3, 2002
"...Whisperings point to LA setting for next game.

Could Grand Theft Auto be heading back to the West Coast for its next big outing? According to recent rumors that's where the series could be heading, with reports outing Hollywood as the series' next backdrop.

vg24/7 is doing the whispering, as well as claiming that Grand Theft Auto V's announcement is coming up fast – and quite possibly within the next few months as the report makes the surprising claim that it could be unveiled alongside the first public airing of Max Payne 3.

We've contacted Rockstar who have, unsurprisingly, remained tight-lipped, refusing to comment on rumor or speculation.

Grand Theft Auto has been to Hollywood before, of course, with San Andreas' LA flavored Los Santos featuring the area of Vinewood, Rockstar's own take on Tinseltown.

Would a return to San Andreas – or part of it, at least – fulfil your desires for Grand Theft Auto V, or are you, like us, hoping for something a little different from the game?"

Jan 7, 2004
I think san andreas was the best one and I would like them to do another one with the same concept in or around that same area or even better do one in the bay but that's more just wishful thinking.

fillyacup

Rest In Free SoCo
Sep 27, 2004
I would not be interested in a europe or asian setting. Thats what getaway and yakuza type games are for. If they go out of states jamaca would be good option. Plus i thought vice city was rumored at e3?

Jan 11, 2006
grouchoweed.ipbfree.com
GTA London 1969...

I realize it came out before 3, but it still counts.

Grand Theft Auto: London 1969 was released for the PC on March 31, 1999 as an expansion to the original Grand Theft Auto game.

It was developed by Runecraft and published by Rockstar Games. It takes place in London, England.

Its "do what you want" interface was new to most gamers. You could go to phones to get missions, drive around and explore, or even go on a killing spree and have the cops on your tail!

The game was then released for the PlayStation. It's top-down view lasted until GTA2. Then, when GTA III was made, the top-down view was included, but was not needed due to the game being in glorious 3D.

The game's soundtrack was a big part of the fun for the title. It features groovy 1960s music and British DJ's.

The game doesn't even begin to compare with the newest GTA games, but it was truly revolutionary for its time. It spawned three more GTA games to this day.

Jul 25, 2007
I would not be interested in a europe or asian setting. Thats what getaway and yakuza type games are for. If they go out of states jamaca would be good option. Plus i thought vice city was rumored at e3?
a transition from Jamaica to New York. Make it like the movie Belly. haha

Feb 7, 2006
hell no, no bay. CHi town, or brazil, we want interesting shit with different gangland culture not the same shit we seen or any ol area wit niggas runnin around with black hoodies and 9's.

Jul 25, 2007
in san andreas, you had airports. Why not make a story where you can travel abroad, cali, new york and down south. that would be hyphy!