***GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS 2010-2011 SEASON THREAD***

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 18, 2006
Yeah, it could only be a good thing for the W's. Maybe a Westcoast team will finally get some attention besides the bitch ass Lakers

Sep 24, 2006
Golden State Warriors owner Joe Lacob had an extensive interview with Tim Kawakiami of the San Jose Mercury News and the two discussed a lot of topics regarding the team.

Lacob, when asked, said he would trade Stephen Curry or Monta Ellis for the right deal and said he thought about it around the deadline.

"We did consider it," Lacob said. "And poked around. Listened to some offers and in fact in some cases made some offers. Though not final offers, but poking around. We decided that we were not going to get value in return. Those players were just too good for what we were going to get in return. We feel much more comfortable keeping them part of our core positions going forward."

Lacob also revealed during the interview that the Warriors could have acquired Gerald Wallace from Charlotte, but didn't think he was a good fit.

"We could've gotten Wallace -- he's not somebody we thought would make us better. I really believe that. He just doesn't fit for us. He's good defensive player, rebounder, certain things that do fit, certain things that don't. I could argue, don't know whether Portland got better or worse."

-- Nick Borges

Feb 15, 2003
WTF... Yeah a guy that rebounds and plays D doesn't fit with this team, your right, because nobody on this team does those two things...

I think getting Troy murphy and buying him out was a much better move than bringing in a defensive, rebounding, entertaining player....

Great call

Quick

May 6, 2002
Yay Area, CA
WTF... Yeah a guy that rebounds and plays D doesn't fit with this team, your right, because nobody on this team does those two things...

I think getting Troy murphy and buying him out was a much better move than bringing in a defensive, rebounding, entertaining player....

Great call
He's not a low post player that the Warriors need and he has a huge cap number. He hurts the Warriors more then he helps them...

Not making a move is the right choice, instead of getting a player we dont really need just to make a couple fans happy..

VanD

Sicc OG
Feb 8, 2004

Great call
the troy murphy move was a decent deal, we might not have had a pick next year without that.

but that was gonna be a setup move to get jamison plus a pick for murphy.

so in the end we would have got 2 picks + jamison for b wright and gadz.

it also freed up roster slots to bring in players to help the bench.

had that jamison deal gone thru it would have been great transactions for the draft picks alone.

gerald wallace is a solid player but is he worth monta ellis money? is he worth having even less money to work with than we do now?

sure itd be fun on nba 2k, but financially and team needs wise it wouldnt have been good for the long term.

Feb 15, 2003
the troy murphy move was a decent deal, we might not have had a pick next year without that.

but that was gonna be a setup move to get jamison plus a pick for murphy.

so in the end we would have got 2 picks + jamison for b wright and gadz.

it also freed up roster slots to bring in players to help the bench.

had that jamison deal gone thru it would have been great transactions for the draft picks alone.

gerald wallace is a solid player but is he worth monta ellis money? is he worth having even less money to work with than we do now?

sure itd be fun on nba 2k, but financially and team needs wise it wouldnt have been good for the long term.
I feel what your saying and we are all sick of the terrible contracts this organization has dished out and been stuck with for years...

Hopefully once we actually clear some space we can use it to bring in quality players..

Draft picks for us had been super shitty in the recent past minus monta, steph and udoh and that's part of the reason we are where we are now.. Diogu, obryant, bellinelli, bwright, etc.

I kno part of the reason those picks never developed for us was injuries and nellies lack of PT for rookies tho..

Biedrins is really hurting the team on the floor and financially.. Between him, monta, and lee we got big money tied up there...

Like I said before this off season will begin to tell the story of our new ownership.. I can't expect instant success but hopefully they can cut some players and bring in some quality players through free agency and the draft to make us better next year...

Law, bell, vlad, Lin all cannot be on one bench, maybe one of those players but when that's half ur bench any team would be in trouble

Cut-Throat

Bob Pimp MOBBEN!!!
Apr 25, 2002
this off season will NOT tell the story of the new ownership, we have almost zero cap space and our first round pick is pending.... the only way the Dubs make any noise is by a sign and trade and if its to pick up a superstar it will have to include monta or steph, which everyone will cry about...give Lacob a couple years....

Feb 15, 2003
this off season will NOT tell the story of the new ownership, we have almost zero cap space and our first round pick is pending.... the only way the Dubs make any noise is by a sign and trade and if its to pick up a superstar it will have to include monta or steph, which everyone will cry about...give Lacob a couple years....
Will BEGIN to tell the story...

And you know what I mean.. Nobody can say we have good depth with those players whether they all suit up together or not they on the squad..

I like the al thornton pick up though