- Golden State Warriors '12-'13 Season Thread -

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Joey

Sicc OG
Jul 2, 2002
this has been the truth in the league for hella years already. lakers in the playoffs equals higher ratings and more advertising dollars.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MhmGyZ7KF0&feature=youtube_gdata_player

^^^^^video proof of the conspiracy.
I was not wanting to belive all of the conspiracys till last night. Last night was to obvious for me. The warriors clearly outplayed the Lakers but officiating kept the lakers in it. I belive we were straight cheated last night.

Jun 23, 2002
I'd like to share some user comments from sfgate.com's game review article. A lot of fellow Warriors fans were able to articulate the absolute travesty that occurred last night:

Curry runs into Howard who set an illegal screen and Blake shoots free throws. Ezeli gets called for a foul when Metta grabs his arm. Kobe shoots free throws for collapsing without being touched. It's too bad that Kobe was injured but man was that game rigged...

the officiating was so dirty, I needed to take a shower immediately after the game.

Close game tonight with the Warriors vs. Lakers & Referees. Hadn't realize the men in black and white were suiting up against the Dubs.

I wish the refs would have announced before the game that the fix was in for a Lakers win so I could have done something more productive for those three hours.

The only way the NBA will change crooked officiating is if the media holds them accountable. It's their job: report on what happens, expose the truth, put pressure on entrenched powers to change. There are always games with bad / missed calls, occasionally games won or lost on with a single suspect call, but I can't recollect a basketball game where the officiating was as blatantly faulty, beyond any excuse for human error. Doesn't matter what team you support, this game was objectively thrown, right in front of everybody's eyes and, other than some indignation from Barnett and Fitzgerald during and right after the game, I haven't heard a peep in any reporting. This is a different story and a bigger than disappointed fans bemoaning a blown call. This is corruption. There should be wide-spread discussion in the media. I can understand how the national sports media is entrenched and it's a tall order to expect them to take notice or care, but shouldn't there be a lot more noise in the local press?

After watching that game, I'm seriously considering canceling my cable subscription. There's no point in paying all the money to watch
games that are rigged. Netflix here i come.

I'm never watching an NBA game again. What a Joke!

Jun 23, 2005
Stephen Curry closing in on three-point record
Sean Highkin, USA TODAY Sports1:21 a.m. EDT April 16, 2013

(Photo: Kelley L Cox, USA TODAY Sports)
Stephen Curry moved closer to making history on Monday. Curry hit seven three-pointers during the Golden State Warriors' 116-106 win over the San Antonio Spurs, bringing his total to 268 makes for the 2012-13 season. That number is one shy of Ray Allen's single-season record of 269, set with the Seattle SuperSonics in the 2005-06 season.

Curry has been more efficient than Allen was the year he set the record. Allen shot 41.2% from three-point range in 2005; with one game remaining in the regular season, Curry is shooting 45.5% from long range.

Allen's single-season record may not be the only mark Curry is threatening. Allen, currently in his 17th season in the NBA with the Miami Heat, is the NBA's all-time leading three-point shooter. Both Allen and Curry entered the NBA at age 21, and so far, Curry is far outpacing him.

Curry has appeared in 257 NBA games since being drafted seventh overall by the Warriors in 2009. He has hit 640 three-pointers on 44.7% shooting in his NBA career. Through Allen's first 257 games, he connected on 410 three-pointers while shooting 38.1% from beyond the arc.

Curry missed 40 of 66 games in the lockout-shortened 2011-12 season while battling an ankle injury, but has remained healthy this season. Barring another major injury, it appears likely that the 24-year-old fourth-year guard will eventually surpass Allen for the all-time three-point record.

The Warriors play the Portland Trail Blazers on Wednesday in their final game of the regular season. Blazers guard Damian Lillard recently broke Curry's record for three-pointers made in a season by a rookie.

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
Went to the game last night. My dad was there with his friend who had courtside seats. He hooked it up and we sat courtside about 3 rows back for the whole second half. It was so awesome. Best live sporting event experience of my life. I wish curry would have gotten the record last night. Would have been so awesome to witness that up close.

Didn't really take great pictures because I was just trying to enjoy the game and not be on my phone so I just took some pics real quick

Attachments

Last edited:

Th!zZ7-0-7

BayArea51 Sicc OG
Sep 9, 2006
Went to the game last night. My dad was there with his friend who had courtside seats. He hooked it up and we sat courtside about 3 rows back for the whole second half. It was so awesome. Best live sporting event experience of my life. I wish curry would have gotten the record last night. Would have been so awesome to witness that up close.

Didn't really take great pictures because I was just trying to enjoy the game and not be on my phone so I just took some pics real quick
awesome pics playa, still a memorable game :siccness: