Gnarles Barkley

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Yang

Sicc OG
May 2, 2004
Gnarles Barkley is fucking huge over here in the UK. That song Crazy was number 1 for something like 10 weeks. It's a beautiful thing because I knew about the project before it came out and figured it'd just be one of those "critically acclaimed" albums that wouldn't really sell.

Very good album all in all; songs like Go Go Gadget Gospel & St Elsewhere are just amazing.

Jan 26, 2006
Cee lo... yeah I saw him on Conan and the picture of Cee lo matched his appearance

Hrmm, how interesting - I definitely like Crazy as well, but saying that is going to become a cliche lol - Once I figured out all the lyrics I could really relate to it and it's made so others can - definitely a real talent

That Transformer song still freaks me out some lol

May 23, 2006
I don't EVER post, but I gotta speak on how good that album is. Picked it up first day of the U.S. release after listening to the sampler for like a month. Anyone else heard that Crazy remix with Kardinal Official? it's at least somthin different to hear after playin the original a hundred times.

Sep 23, 2002
www.wannabattle.com
I'd call it "Fusion/Hip-Hop"

jazzy, blue-sy, yet still hip hop in nature...

People might wash away DangerMouse because he made that Gray Album... but with stuff like DangerDoom, Gnarls Barkley, and Gorillaz notched in his belt and with all of those becoming huge classix... He is trumping the bullshit that has plagued hip-hop (since about 1997) with straight down back to roots tactics.

Jul 7, 2002
shep said:
thanks a lot heat. now i'm gonna grow a beard and wear black and sit in a corner and cry.
I feel your pain...it's like my life is just so melancholy. I hate my parents even though they gave me the $60 to dye my hair (I had to have "sad hair" after all) and my girlfriend of a week just dumped me. Life is just a blackhole of sadness and raw emotion.

I think I'm gonna slit my wrists.

BTW...I typed that in my pussy emo voice.

Sep 23, 2002
www.wannabattle.com
I like... sometimes... when I'm like bored and stuff... sometimes I wonder when like... you like if like... like what if my grass was like emo? You know? It would like... cut itself. That's deep man. I think I'm going to write a song about how like if my grass cut itself how like so freaking sad that would be...

Sep 26, 2002
DaSlacker said:
I like... sometimes... when I'm like bored and stuff... sometimes I wonder when like... you like if like... like what if my grass was like emo? You know? It would like... cut itself. That's deep man. I think I'm going to write a song about how like if my grass cut itself how like so freaking sad that would be...
lol hahah

i think i gotta check this gnarley barclay out

do they have a website with clips?

May 23, 2006
on mtv.com you can watch his performance at the the movie awards from last week. or two weeks. whatever. I got my cable shut off.
He comes out dressed like fuccin Darth Vader. yall should check it out.